Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Dragic's arrival impacted Flynn negatively.
    Dragic backed up Fred and took away Flynn's minutes.
    dragic played 5 total games and than after that banton ways playing over him. so no.

Comment

• Dragic, then Banton after that.
      but you can't deny that those lost minutes shattered him.

Comment

Dragic, then Banton after that.
        but you can't deny that those lost minutes shattered him.

Banton played over him because banton was producing at a higher rate with his minutes.

They started off and everytime he got minutes early on he was bad... unless everyone is forgetting that and we are just going on the recency bias. Flynn was not good until his 6 game mini stretch in Feb

Also played 20 minutes in game 2 of the playoffs and did nothing at all with that too.

For example a string of games between November 13 to 30th saw him getting increasing minutes starting low at 4 minutes but increasing steadily until the last 4 games he played no less than 11 minutes and as high as 21 minutes.

Go look at the log and it isn't pretty during that stretch.

Here is a sample of the points he produced 4,3,5,0,2,6,2,8,5. Most of those games he had either 0 or 1 assist he had one game where he had 4 assists and another where he had 6 rebounds. All other times it was either 0-2 on average in those stats especially in the assists. He wasn't very foul prone so that is a plus... and he took care of the ball. His plus-minus numbers are up and down.... so hard to glean much. He had more negatives than positives.

Not really great as a showing.

The only games he was really outstanding in any way was when he got 30 minutes...but giving him 30 minutes means you are decreasing the minutes of your top line talent by a lot. He should be able to contribute in 10-15 minutes max 20 minutes. On average this season he did not. It is time to move on. Moving him may mean more minutes for Scottie at point. It also helps clean up our bench if he is pair with someone else as outgoing (like Svi).
        Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sun Jun 5, 2022, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• It may not play out on draft night, but as I thought, Dalen Terry is moving up the draft in a lot of mocks I looked up today. I saw him as high as 20 or 21 in one mock. Size, athleticism and effort on defense.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Banton played over him because banton was producing at a higher rate with his minutes.

They started off and everytime he got minutes early on he was bad... unless everyone is forgetting that and we are just going on the recency bias. Flynn was not good until his 6 game mini stretch in Feb

Also played 20 minutes in game 2 of the playoffs and did nothing at all with that too.

For example a string of games between November 13 to 30th saw him getting increasing minutes starting low at 4 minutes but increasing steadily until the last 4 games he played no less than 11 minutes and as high as 21 minutes.

Go look at the log and it isn't pretty during that stretch.

Here is a sample of the points he produced 4,3,5,0,2,6,2,8,5. Most of those games he had either 0 or 1 assist he had one game where he had 4 assists and another where he had 6 rebounds. All other times it was either 0-2 on average in those stats especially in the assists. He wasn't very foul prone so that is a plus... and he took care of the ball. His plus-minus numbers are up and down.... so hard to glean much. He had more negatives than positives.

Not really great as a showing.

The only games he was really outstanding in any way was when he got 30 minutes...but giving him 30 minutes means you are decreasing the minutes of your top line talent by a lot. He should be able to contribute in 10-15 minutes max 20 minutes. On average this season he did not. It is time to move on. Moving him may mean more minutes for Scottie at point. It also helps clean up our bench if he is pair with someone else as outgoing (like Svi).
            Exactly my point.
            Flynn was doing ok last season, up until the summer league,
            until Dragic grabbed his spot at the very start of the regular season.
            I'm not defending him by any means, he should've sucked it up and proved his worth to everyone.
            I'm sure a lot of crazy things were fed to him by his dad and his agent that somehow messed him up.
            By the way, it's not just the Dragic situation, but also the team's shift to the 6'9 lineup, if you're Flynn you'd naturally feel left out.
            Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Jun 7, 2022, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• I wouldn't draft the guy as there are higher upside players available at 33rd plus Justin is going to be competing for the last few remaining spots.

If Julian isn't drafted, he should be welcomed to come play at summer league for the Raptors and we will see (worst case scenario ends up on the 905 to hone his skills at one of the best development teams in the league while staying with his brother which is a win-win)

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I wouldn't draft the guy as there are higher upside players available at 33rd plus Justin is going to be competing for the last few remaining spots.

If Julian isn't drafted, he should be welcomed to come play at summer league for the Raptors and we will see (worst case scenario ends up on the 905 to hone his skills at one of the best development teams in the league while staying with his brother which is a win-win)
                He's a pretty good player, would love to get him as a UDFA.

Comment

• Speaking of Justin, he's my pick to have a breakout season next year. I looked at some of the 905 boxscores this past season, he was shooting a lot of threes in that league. There was one game where he shot 8/10 from 3 or something like that. We know he's a good defender and we know he's a great rebounder, if he can consistently knock down 3's next year then he's going to be a huge part of the team next year.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Exactly my point.
                    Flynn was doing ok last season, up until the summer league,
                    until Dragic grabbed his spot at the very start of the regular season.
                    I'm not defending him by any means, he should've sucked it up and proved his worth to everyone.
                    I'm sure a lot of crazy things were fed to him by his dad and his agent that somehow messed him up.
                    By the way, it's not just the Dragic situation, but also the team's shift to the 6'9 lineup, if you're Flynn you'd naturally feel left out.
                    you mean in tampa he was good?

again he couldn't even crack the rotation dragic literally played what.... 5 games? He played significantly more time than dragic and dragic was on the team till Feb.....

Maybe there is an argument there for the first 5 games of the season or something like that but in general no.

He should have been willing to go to the G-league much more earlier on this year because he needed that time. He just was not good until After the trade deadline when FVV got hurt. Nurse deserves some of the blame for not giving him more run in the big leagues but really the person who stole his spot was Dalano. Dalano basically out played him early on in the season.

Comment

• I would like the option of having a pair of twins on the tean. We could switch jerseys to circumvent foul trouble, change the jersey for the guy who is a worse 3 pt shooter so defense sags off. Throw a twin double team to confuse defenders. The possibilities are endless.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• How about a play for a guy like moody a shooter. Say our pick and flynn? I like flynn but banton and johnson are long term projects we should hold onto and with barnes and fred fynn can go

Comment

• A close friend of mine is able to consistently "guess" the Raps draft picks. He's been doing it for years, he guessed Malachi. Last year he guessed both Scotty and Banton. He even "guessed" the late 2nd rounder the Raps got a few years back, Dewan Hernandes. Needless to say, when he gives me a tip I listen.

This weekend he told me he had no clue, but he just DM'ed me. The name that came up might upset some of you guys, he's even hoping he's wrong. The name is Jake Laravia.

Other names he mentioned:
                          Nikola Jovic
                          Walker Kessler
                          E.J. Liddell
                          Patrick Baldwin Jr.
                          Ismael Kamagate
                          Christian Koloko
                          Leonard Miller
                          David Roddy
                          Kalifa Diop

I would be okay with Jake Laravia. He's a physical 3/4, who can shoot the ball. Decent passer too. But I don't think he's that athletic. Thoughts? Thoughts on any of these other guys? The only person I would be out on is Baldwin, to be honest.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                            A close friend of mine is able to consistently "guess" the Raps draft picks. He's been doing it for years, he guessed Malachi. Last year he guessed both Scotty and Banton. He even "guessed" the late 2nd rounder the Raps got a few years back, Dewan Hernandes. Needless to say, when he gives me a tip I listen.

This weekend he told me he had no clue, but he just DM'ed me. The name that came up might upset some of you guys, he's even hoping he's wrong. The name is Jake Laravia.

Other names he mentioned:
                            Nikola Jovic
                            Walker Kessler
                            E.J. Liddell
                            Patrick Baldwin Jr.
                            Ismael Kamagate
                            Christian Koloko
                            Leonard Miller
                            David Roddy
                            Kalifa Diop

I would be okay with Jake Laravia. He's a physical 3/4, who can shoot the ball. Decent passer too. But I don't think he's that athletic. Thoughts? Thoughts on any of these other guys? The only person I would be out on is Baldwin, to be honest.
                            Laravia looks like an NBA ready prospect which is what I'd imagine Raps would want. Not thrilled about his defense though.

As always, trust in Masai and whomever the Raps pick.

Comment

• I brought up LaRavia earlier in the thread. He's definitely on my list of interesting guys. Seems like a guy who can contribute on both ends in spite of some athleticism limitations.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Laravia is the kind of player the Raptors or even Spurs will pick (Which is usually not the player in anyone's that close radar)

He can do a little bit of everything & has the right size. Since the draft combine his stock has risen to even as high as projected late first round pick.

For NBA comparison: A bit of Deni Avdija/Juancho Hernangomez.

Looks to be a solid bench/role player.

Comment

Working...
                                X