No announcement yet.

Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in the back of my mind i would like to see how fred looks off the bench will give the second unit a scoring punch

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

My fear is Banton's defense
      I hope he devotes more time on it this offseason
      Banton was pretty solid on defence and the metrics show it too

Have a look:
      https://craftednba.com/players/dalano-banton

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

so you want dalano to be in the starting line up next year?

Respectfully to him .. he isn't ready and we will lose games. I would rather grow his skill set slowly if he makes serious leaps then sure but he needs to make big leaps before we just force feed him starting minutes.

defensively i like banton scottie pascal together. banton played really well at begin of season. just has to shot more

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

defensively i like banton scottie pascal together. banton played really well at begin of season. just has to shot more
          his shot was bad hence why he didn't shoot a lot. I can see you pulling scottie early and having the two of them run the second unit ... putting him in the starting line up means taking someone out...Who are you taking out.

Fred isn't coming off the bench not a good idea. especially after a year where he literally was an all star.. we would be significantly worse if you do a straight swap of the two. this is coming from a guy who doesn't like fred

Comment

• realisitcally gtj should move to the bench fred moves to shooting guard... Let Dalano progress slowly and in a lower intensity environment. Him playing off the bench is exactly that. He can prove his shot is good... he can prove a lot of things from there without us worrying. Putting him in the starting line up is a bad idea and frankly he just isn't super gifted offensively yet outside of his potential as a playmaker. He needs probably another year to year and a half before he is at the level of a consistent 6th man. He needs to grow now. If he surpasses that.. GREAT but demoting a great player for no reason but you want to develop ... then you may as well trade fvv for scraps which also makes no sense.

Comment

• C'mon guys, let's get real here. Fred and Gary aren't coming off the bench in a contract year.

Fred will NEVER come off the bench in Toronto. And even if bringing Gary off the bench is the best way to win games, it's not gonna happen if the roster is the same as last year.

Comment

• I love this guy Malaki Branham. His jump shot is so smooth. He's projected to go in the top 15 though.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  C'mon guys, let's get real here. Fred and Gary aren't coming off the bench in a contract year.

Fred will NEVER come off the bench in Toronto. And even if bringing Gary off the bench is the best way to win games, it's not gonna happen if the roster is the same as last year.
                  that's why I said before you can talk FVV into a less ball dominant role in the starting line up.. but him coming off the bench is rough... gary coming off the bench is a lot tougher.. not impossible to sell but tough. This is why I think Gary is likely traded.

Comment

C'mon guys, let's get real here. Fred and Gary aren't coming off the bench in a contract year.

Fred will never, that's for sure. Silly to suggest, coming off an all star campaign.

Gary is a different conversation. I can see them bringing him off the bench. They really like Precious (as they should after how last year went) and he clearly is the guy they want starting at C long term if they can make it work.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Fred will never, that's for sure. Silly to suggest, coming off an all star campaign.

Gary is a different conversation. I can see them bringing him off the bench. They really like Precious (as they should after how last year went) and he clearly is the guy they want starting at C long term if they can make it work.
                      Precious has 3 more years on his rookie deal. Even if they love him as a starter, they can make him wait a year without making him feel like they’re messing up his market value.

Gary is a UFA, so this is an important season for him, market-wise, i.e. if he’s perceived as a bench guy or a starter caliber player.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Gary is not an impossible conversation for sure. But difficult. I think you can sell him on a guaranteed role and guaranteed money potentially.

I would try to poke around Atlanta and attempt to trade him for bogdanovic and the 16th if possible. You can get rid of a few guys like svi in that type of deal as well. Atlanta gets younger and gets ab it of an asset reset. Raptors don't lose a lot offensively. Boggy shoots similarly to GTJ but is actually a much better play maker. Defensively he is solid better basketball IQ but lower stats in my opinion. He could run the bench unit and you bring in the 16th pick and select someone like Tari Eason or Jaden Hardy.

Do I think Gary could grow to accept that role? yes, but the easier thing is have FVV start but in a different role and jett GTJ out ...playing him off the bench is not going to up his trade value.

I have other ideas too like Jeremi Grant. I just like the idea of building up the bench now by getting a similar guy to Gary but more mature and picking up a middling pick. That way you can ignore the bi annual exception and just focus on the MLE and you get rid of Svi
                        Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Thu Jun 9, 2022, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Precious has 3 more years on his rookie deal. Even if they love him as a starter, they can make him wait a year without making him feel like they’re messing up his market value.

Gary is a UFA, so this is an important season for him, market-wise, i.e. if he’s perceived as a bench guy or a starter caliber player.
                          2 more years... this year was his second year in the NBA but the first year he got real minutes.

Comment

Gary is gonna come off the bench if he's not traded. Precious will start at C. Gary's contract status doesn't matter one iota to Nick Nurse. Gary came off the bench to begin last season, not like we haven't seen it already.

In what universe does a team have to start guys coming up on free agency? It has absolutely no bearing on who starts and who comes off the bench.
                            Last edited by Primer; Thu Jun 9, 2022, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Gary's the type of gunner that should love coming off the bench.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Gary is gonna come off the bench if he's not traded. Precious will start at C. Gary's contract status doesn't matter one iota to Nick Nurse. Gary came off the bench to begin last season, not like we haven't seen it already.

In what universe does a team have to start guys coming up on free agency? It has absolutely no bearing on who starts and who comes off the bench.
                                It's a matter of whether Gary is part of the future of this team or not. If he is, it's as a starter since that is what he did for the majority of the season and that's the role he wants/should want. If he's not part of the future of this team then do you want to hurt his trade value by moving him to the bench?

If he isnt traded over the summer its very likely he starts at the start of next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X