Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Maybe but with Fred, it's more ego.
    "I'm an all star PG, the heir to the GROAT, why would I move? The rook can earn his place over another year or two"
    its still an easier sell to say hey you are going to still generate a significant amount of the offence vs hey go to the bench.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Is it? Fred's usage and assist rates were pretty low for basically the entire season after Pascal's return and ramp up to his usual performance. He made the all star team based heavily on his high usage the first couple months of the season. After that he was off the ball more and more as the season went on, even before the injuries started piling up.
      You skipped the "defer to Scotty" part. Position and usage.

Comment

You skipped the "defer to Scotty" part. Position and usage.
        Yeah but Scottie already saw his usage ramp up last year and got a lot of playmaking opportunity down the stretch. That's basically what we want, and they pretty much already did it - Scottie was up to 20% usage and 16% assist rate from 18% and 13% pre- vs post-all-star. Pascal in comparison for the year was a 26% usage and 23% AST%. I don't think we want Scottie taking Pascal level load next year so really a nominal increase from his late season play is all we are looking for.

Sub Gary to the bench and bring the lower usage Precious into the lineup and you can give Scottie and OG small bumps no problem.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

That's a shame if true, but hopefully we get something of long term value for Trent if he's being traded. Otherwise we really didn't get much more than a rental for Norm.
          If we let Trent walk after his contract expires he would have played 2.5 seasons for the Raptors. How is 2.5 seasons a rental? How long does a player need to be on a team before you don't consider it a rental? For me the 1.5 seasons we've gotten moves him firmly out of rental territory. Half a season is a rental.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If we let Trent walk after his contract expires he would have played 2.5 seasons for the Raptors. How is 2.5 seasons a rental? How long does a player need to be on a team before you don't consider it a rental? For me the 1.5 seasons we've gotten moves him firmly out of rental territory. Half a season is a rental.
            definitely not a rental for sure

Comment

I hope they don't let him walk for nothing. They invested a lot of time on Norm and Trent to get nothing out of it for the future.

Comment

Partially agree. It feels like a rental if his time here is when the team wasnt “a team of now” and to expect some growing pains as masai said

Comment

I hope they don't let him walk for nothing. They invested a lot of time on Norm and Trent to get nothing out of it for the future.
                  they don't tend to do that except with kawhi.... technically we let him walk in exchange for the larry o b

Comment

Yeah I don't think we will, but if we did we got 2.5 seasons out of him which is not a rental.

Guys just about only move via trade now, most free agent signings end up being sign and trades, so I'm sure we'll get something for Trent.

I think Trent gets dealt for a good draft pick this year, we're linked to too many guys that will go well before our pick.

Comment

Yeah I don't think we will, but if we did we got 2.5 seasons out of him which is not a rental.

Guys just about only move via trade now, most free agent signings end up being sign and trades, so I'm sure we'll get something for Trent.

I think Trent gets dealt for a good draft pick this year, we're linked to too many guys that will go well before our pick.
                      If we get a good draft pick for Trent, it's something to be excited about because it makes the future of this team that much brighter. However we also push back that time line for when we contend by a couple more years. A couple years might be wishful thinking actually.

Comment

If we get a good draft pick for Trent, it's something to be excited about because it makes the future of this team that much brighter. However we also push back that time line for when we contend by a couple more years. A couple years might be wishful thinking actually.
                        Swapping our sixth man for a good draft pick bumps the window back a year at most, it's our top bench guy not a starter. We need Scottie to be elite to win it all so it's really his time line so a draft pick fits better than Gary.

Comment

Swapping our sixth man for a good draft pick bumps the window back a year at most, it's our top bench guy not a starter. We need Scottie to be elite to win it all so it's really his time line so a draft pick fits better than Gary.
                          If you're going to base it on timeline alone, GTJr. fits perfectly as he just turned 23.
                          You know who doesn't? Pascal and FVV lol

The current "core" in Scottie's elite window Scotty, Precious and then OG and GTJr, either of which might be traded although OG doubtful I believe.

Comment

If you're going to base it on timeline alone, GTJr. fits perfectly as he just turned 23.
                            You know who doesn't? Pascal and FVV lol

The current "core" in Scottie's elite window Scotty, Precious and then OG and GTJr, either of which might be traded although OG doubtful I believe.
                            Pascal and Fred both have 5 good years left they fit fine with Scottie.

Gary does too but we can't afford to pay him and everyone else so he's gotta go for a cheaper deal. Hence the desire to trade him for a draft pick.

Comment

Comment

What about Precious, he's not a year away.

Maybe we've been spoiled a bit here because Scottie came in and was playable right away as a starter, but you can't expect a all rookies to be that way. And if we don't have good bench we will be playing the starters heavy minutes once again. It's not just pushing the window back by one year.

Comment

Working...
                                X