Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

What about Precious, he's not a year away.

Maybe we've been spoiled a bit here because Scottie came in and was playable right away as a starter, but you can't expect a all rookies to be that way. And if we don't have good bench we will be playing the starters heavy minutes once again. It's not just pushing the window back by one year.
    First round picks contribute off the bench in their first year's, that's normal not an outlier.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

First round picks contribute off the bench in their first year's, that's normal not an outlier.
      Often losing their minutes on the court though. Winning rookies are quite rare.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Often losing their minutes on the court though. Winning rookies are quite rare.
        you mean rookies playing on winning teams.

Comment

Pascal and Fred both have 5 good years left they fit fine with Scottie.

Gary does too but we can't afford to pay him and everyone else so he's gotta go for a cheaper deal. Hence the desire to trade him for a draft pick.
          I just don't like Gary's game on this team simple as that. I think there are guys in ... lets say the top 10 of this draft that I would prefer.

Comment

Jose Alvarado comes to mind. And Herb Jones was a starter. Both are plus players.

Comment

• Gary Trent Jr isn’t going to fetch a top 10 pick. Gary is a fringe starter, and pretty damn good 6th man.

In all honesty, he has to work on his consistency on both sides of the ball, and work on his passing. DeMar and Pascal both were able to improve there playmaking… not sure why we are closing the doors on a 23 yr old (24 in Jan). My guess is because we didn’t draft him. Last year was his first full season of getting consistent “starter” minutes… he has just as much upside as OG, and Precious IMO.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                Gary Trent Jr isn’t going to fetch a top 10 pick. Gary is a fringe starter, and pretty damn good 6th man.

In all honesty, he has to work on his consistency on both sides of the ball, and work on his passing. DeMar and Pascal both were able to improve there playmaking… not sure why we are closing the doors on a 23 yr old (24 in Jan). My guess is because we didn’t draft him. Last year was his first full season of getting consistent “starter” minutes… he has just as much upside as OG, and Precious IMO.

GTJ on his own? nope but GTJ and perhaps the 33rd pick maybe... it really depends.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                  Gary Trent Jr isn’t going to fetch a top 10 pick. Gary is a fringe starter, and pretty damn good 6th man.

If he was on a rookie deal we'd have the same enthusiasm as we do for Precious.

He's getting $18M per year and looking for a big raise after this coming season. We can't afford to keep him and everyone else, someone has to go, and consensus here is Gary should be the one to go. If you would rather send out Pascal, Fred, or OG that's a debate worth having.

Comment

Not all are equal is my point. Suggs for example struggled in his first season. It takes a couple of years for some guys to catch up to the speed of the game. Certainly to the level of the guy they would be replacing if it's one of Gary or OG.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Not all are equal is my point. Suggs for example struggled in his first season. It takes a couple of years for some guys to catch up to the speed of the game. Certainly to the level of the guy they would be replacing if it's one of Gary or OG.
                      he was also injured.

For suggs I think his shot needs to develop a lot more than it has. I also think that he still needs to improve on his reads he makes very conservative passes as a result the ast/to ratio looks good but it doesn't demonstrate the level of his vision. He is going to be a tweener of sorts throughout his career. I still think he ends up being Malcolm Brogdon level as a guy. That is your high floor low ceiling guy

Comment

Rookies playing is normal. Rookies contributing is a different thing.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Rookies playing is normal. Rookies contributing is a different thing.
                          Yep. That's why the Pelicans rookies were extremely impressive. Obviously a ton of context to consider, but your favorite stat (ON/OFF net rating), gives a quick glimpse of rookies contributing:

ON/OFF net rating:

Jose Alvarado: +11.7 (this is incredible)
                          Herb Jones: +6.3
                          Trey Murphy: -0.2

Their Pels teammates, for comparison:

Brandon Ingram: +8.1
                          JV: +3.9
                          NAW: -6.3 (Hell naw)
                          Josh Hart: -4.0

Raptors' rookies:

Scottie: -2.0
                          Banton: -0.2
                          Champagnie: +6.4

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep. That's why the Pelicans rookies were extremely impressive. Obviously a ton of context to consider, but your favorite stat (ON/OFF net rating), gives a quick glimpse of rookies contributing:

ON/OFF net rating:

Jose Alvarado: +11.7 (this is incredible)
                            Herb Jones: +6.3
                            Trey Murphy: -0.2

Their Pels teammates, for comparison:

Brandon Ingram: +8.1
                            JV: +3.9
                            NAW: -6.3 (Hell naw)
                            Josh Hart: -4.0

Raptors' rookies:

Scottie: -2.0
                            Banton: -0.2
                            Champagnie: +6.4

I'm going to cut hart some slack... he had a few injuries throughout the year.

on off numbers is better than plus minus.

Comment

• Comment

• It's happening!

Comment

Working...
                                X