Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

being drafted at all or with the raptors?
    Being drafted by the Raptors as there are other prospects that fit the mold better.

Nemb probably gets drafted but if he doesn't, its a no brainer for the Raptors to give him a summer league/preseason invite and see if he can earn a spot (same goes for Julian). Nurse already knows him and he knows what Nurse expects of him.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

There were slim chances the Raptors would have drafted Miller as he is too raw and the Raptors want a more experienced player that could play some bench minutes this season without Nick Nurse plucking his hair out.

Who said this?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Yes but its very likely he will be gone by the time the Raptors pick but i agree he fits.

I just hope the Raptors aren't going to pay dearly for trading that first round pick to SA.
        Nobody in the 20's range is looking like star material, but yeah we could use someone with potential for the bench.

Comment

• I watched a ton of scouting reports today, so far I like Wendell Moore and Jake LaRavia the most out of the guys projected to go in our range. Dalen Terry looks awesome, but I think he goes before we pick.

I think there is the opportunity to move back up in this draft. The Warriors and Nets, might prefer a second round pick for the cap flexibility, considering they are tax teams.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Who said this?
            Tolzman hinted at them expecting a contributor.

Comment

• Josh Minott looks awesome on the boards, and D... but wow he's horrible on the offensive end. I was listening to the Samson's podcast and it sound like he had a really off year, and showed much better in high school.

Caleb Houstan also looks decent...I watched his scouting report and his overall game seemed kinda flat to me.

Comment

Tolzman hinted at them expecting a contributor.
                He didn't say they were expecting a contributor. He said they are open to stashes if that player is a high level guy (it's in the mix), but they are hoping that the player they draft, will be on their roster next year, but unsure at what capacity they will be contributing. Soooo... they are open to anything...

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

He didn't say they were expecting a contributor. He said they are open to stashes if that player is a high level guy (it's in the mix), but they are hoping that the player they draft, will be on their roster next year, but unsure at what capacity they will be contributing. Soooo... they are open to anything...
                  he also said there is no reason why a 33rd pick can't contribute.

Hoping that they are on the the roster and then going on to say there is no reason to expect that person wouldn't contribute suggests they want a contributor at some level. not saying a 20 minute a game player but I don't think they are looking for another 2-3 year project.

Comment

he also said there is no reason why a 33rd pick can't contribute.

Hoping that they are on the the roster and then going on to say there is no reason to expect that person wouldn't contribute suggests they want a contributor at some level. not saying a 20 minute a game player but I don't think they are looking for another 2-3 year project.
                    Exactly.

2-3 years project means they are not likely see much of the playoffs during those times. Nick Nurse hates inconsistency and especially when you are young, inexperienced and are prone to make mistakes, you aren't going to see much if any time in the playoffs.

Therefore it is highly likely the Raptors have a few players in mind already that they think they can contribute right away and if they are off the board by the time the Raptors pick, then they will select the high upside project.

I believe the Raptors are going to see how far they can actually go this season and if things go really well by the trade deadline, there is high probability they are going to go all in for it. Therefore having a really cheap minimum contract piece contributing off the bench picked up from the 2nd round will be highly valuable especially if a big trade happens.
                    Last edited by Hotshot; Mon Jun 13, 2022, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• If they want to keep this team together as is, they need to nail this pick and next years. We need rookie scale guys that can play rotation minutes.

I'm not even going to bother guessing who they are going to pick this year, or get my hopes up for a specific player... The only pick I got right was OG, and it was pretty obvious if he dropped, we would pick him.

This year I'm watching footage to know who each guy is..... guaranteed Masai will pick a guy he's been hiding in a gym that we have never heard of.

Comment

If they want to keep this team together as is, they need to nail this pick and next years. We need rookie scale guys that can play rotation minutes.

I'm not even going to bother guessing who they are going to pick this year, or get my hopes up for a specific player... The only pick I got right was OG, and it was pretty obvious if he dropped, we would pick him.

This year I'm watching footage to know who each guy is..... guaranteed Masai will pick a guy he's been hiding in a gym that we have never heard of.
                        Correct. Next year's draft will also be better supposedly so you any trades involving pick equity cannot include either.

I do not think it will be some grainy footage dude from the back part of Kazakstan or something like that.

Comment

If they want to keep this team together as is, they need to nail this pick and next years. We need rookie scale guys that can play rotation minutes.

Comment

• jaylin williams i have spoken

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Bruno is attending Utah Jazz 2 days Mini-camp right now with a bunch of other players (Jabari Parker, Reggie Perry etc...)

Comment

• I can't believe that the draft is a week away lol. I don't talk much about this draft because the top end prospects this year are pretty meh. Does Smith really interest you? is he really a game changer? how about Banchero or Holmgren? Holmgren is unique yeah but meh.

Last year there were 4-5 stud prospects. I was all in on the Jalen Green bandwagon last year. I still think that he will be a better player than Cade. I think Green and Barnes are going to be the two best players of their class.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X