Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    I can't believe that the draft is a week away lol. I don't talk much about this draft because the top end prospects this year are pretty meh. Does Smith really interest you? is he really a game changer? how about Banchero or Holmgren? Holmgren is unique yeah but meh.
    There is definitely going to be a few more busts and a few pleasant surprises in the lottery than last year.

Comment

I can't believe that the draft is a week away lol. I don't talk much about this draft because the top end prospects this year are pretty meh. Does Smith really interest you? is he really a game changer? how about Banchero or Holmgren? Holmgren is unique yeah but meh.

Last year there were 4-5 stud prospects. I was all in on the Jalen Green bandwagon last year. I still think that he will be a better player than Cade. I think Green and Barnes are going to be the two best players of their class.
      Between Cade and Green I select Cade. More well rounded player. Plays defence and is committed to playing both ends. IQ wise he is years ahead of Green.

Comment

Last year there were 4-5 stud prospects. I was all in on the Jalen Green bandwagon last year. I still think that he will be a better player than Cade. I think Green and Barnes are going to be the two best players of their class.
        Barnes, Mobley, Cade, Green in that order. But yeah that was a great draft all around.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Barnes, Mobley, Cade, Green in that order. But yeah that was a great draft all around.
          agree with 1 to 3 but i still like suggs better than green. and giddey. and kuminga.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

agree with 1 to 3 but i still like suggs better than green. and giddey. and kuminga.
            Yeah I'm still optimistic on Suggs too. It was a good draft.

Comment

i have no idea how he shot so inefficiently last year. he was not a great jump shooter but was not awful at in college either. he does everything else well and has all the intangibles, if he can develop a passable jumper he'll be pretty damn good i think.

Comment

Brogdan level he plays good defence but he is a low ceiling guy.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i have no idea how he shot so inefficiently last year. he was not a great jump shooter but was not awful at in college either. he does everything else well and has all the intangibles, if he can develop a passable jumper he'll be pretty damn good i think.
                  that was one of his knocks.. and the knock included that his form will be such that he will be streaky at best but the hope is he can develop a mid range game and go to his left more something that he struggles a doing.

Comment

• Any chance Houstan is there at 33?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Any chance Houstan is there at 33?

he will be there he is mocked mid to late second round played with barnes in high school

Comment

• Not to beat a dead horse but it's amazing the athletic centres that will be available in the 2nd round (in a weak draft). "In my day" we had even unathletic centers going top 10 - Podkolzine, Bargnani, Kaman, Hoffa, the list goes on - and now you've got athletic specimens that get their head up to the rim on lobs and blocks and can really move and have a chance at keeping up to the pace and space of the modern game (just minus the shooting range) there for the taking in the 2nd round.

Incredible how the game has changed so fast.

Comment

• “REPORT: There is “increasing talk” that the Blazers would be willing to offer the No. 7 pick to OKC for Lu Dort and the No. 12 pick. (via @JakeLFischer)”

Comment

• Sounds like they're moving on from getting OG, which make sense, the 7th pick isn't nearly enough to pry OG away from us.

Comment

• Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Not to beat a dead horse but it's amazing the athletic centres that will be available in the 2nd round (in a weak draft). "In my day" we had even unathletic centers going top 10 - Podkolzine, Bargnani, Kaman, Hoffa, the list goes on - and now you've got athletic specimens that get their head up to the rim on lobs and blocks and can really move and have a chance at keeping up to the pace and space of the modern game (just minus the shooting range) there for the taking in the 2nd round.

Incredible how the game has changed so fast.

John Wooden foresaw this, decades ago:

Quotes FROM John Wooden:

“Quickness under control is the most valuable physical aspect of any sport”

"As much as I value experience, and I value it greatly, I'd rather have a lot of skill (speed & quickness) and little experience than a lot of experience and little skill."

“Perhaps in my coaching experience, I found out from my own personal playing experience that I didn't have as much size as many, but I was quicker than most all, and that was my strength. So, in my recruiting, in all the years when I became a college coach, I'm recruiting for quickness. Now, you want a certain amount of size, but more coaches will give up some quickness to get more size. I would not. I would give up some size to get more quickness.

I hoped my forwards would be quicker than opposing forwards. I hoped that my guards would be quicker than opposing guards. I hoped my postmen would be quicker than opposing postmen. And, that's what I'm looking for, and then I'm trying to incorporate that in making it into a team game.”
                                https://247sports.com/college/arizon...ngth-71218308/

Comment

Working...
                                X