Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    The problem with the Bruno pick was the huge language barrier and the fact that he was incredibly young and immature. They really didn't have a way of getting to know Bruno's character, work ethic and his potential to absorb BBIQ. I think they do a better job of sniffing out those intangibles with the workouts and background checks.
    The only thing Bruno did was convince the board to hurry up on purchasing a development team in the G league. This completely changed the Raptors franchise bleak outlook into a highly respectable development team that can rely on the 905 to develop their players instead of just rotting on the bench. Yep Masai and Bobby are doing a good job and ensuring the player they pick also have the right intangibles to succeed on this team.

golden wrote: View Post
    Based on what we now know about Masai's "type", if that draft is held today, they would reach for Jerami Grant or Kyle Anderson.
    Well Anderson is a free agent so he is probably one of the players the Raptors are looking into spending their MLE on.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

The Bruno pick was just a wild stab at him potentially becoming a superstar.
      Seems like Masai/Bobby started putting an emphasis on character/personality when drafting after the Bruno pick.

Bruno was basically at a high school level player when he got drafted and the Raptors took a shot because of his size and length. His immaturity got in the way and he could never develop into a NBA player.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Seems like Masai/Bobby started putting an emphasis on character/personality when drafting after the Bruno pick.

Bruno was basically at a high school level player when he got drafted and the Raptors took a shot because of his size and length. His immaturity got in the way and he could never develop into a NBA player.
        With regards to character... maybe, maybe not.. we still brought in Terrence Davis who had some questionable character qualities. And I don't think Bruno's character was all that bad. At least as a Raptor. He had that issue with his national team that was pretty embarrassing.

I think ultimately we stopped giving really raw guys a chance. Masai was looking for the next Giannis. Little do we know that it's really hard to find the next Giannis. He's really one of a kind.

Comment

Low BBIQ was also the difference. Kyle Anderson is just as slow footed as Bruno was yet he managed to carve a career in the NBA from being a slow but disciplined/methodical basketball player.

Comment

• DRAFT NIGHT POLL:

After which pick will the first awkward interview of a recently drafted player, wearing the hat of one team, find out from the interviewer that he was actually picked/traded to another team

Bonus point awarded if the panel tells the player he was traded AFTER they've asked him questions that force him to to say things like "Team X is a great organization, I had a positive workout with them, and I'm looking forward to seeing how I can make the Xs better"
            Last edited by Ebonhawke; Tue Jun 21, 2022, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
              DRAFT NIGHT POLL:

After which pick will the first awkward interview of a recently drafted player, wearing the hat of one team, find out from the interviewer that he was actually picked/traded to another team
              or a sigh of relief they weren't drafted by the Sacramento Kings.

Comment

• I'll say it again, I would like us to draft a legit big who can protect the rim and have the ability to guard in the pick and roll. The 33rd pick is not projected as a starter or even a guy that will be in the 8-9 man rotation, no need to duplicate players we already have. We are missing a true big.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

or a sigh of relief they weren't drafted by the Sacramento Kings.
                  I believe Jaden Ivey said he doesn't want to be drafted by SAC. Certainly not professional. That franchise is at rock bottom.

Comment

Saying Bruno was at high school level is being generous. The top AAU teams would dominate the league he was playing in. That combined with no workouts against other players in the draft resulted in a mega bust. I don't think they'll ever do that again.

Comment

I believe Jaden Ivey said he doesn't want to be drafted by SAC. Certainly not professional. That franchise is at rock bottom.
                      I don't blame him one bit. Roster is constantly changing, team always losing and they've got a log jam in every position.

Owner hires a bunch of yes men and has too much say in their day to day operation of who gets drafted and traded. Passionate owners may work for some teams but are a hindrance to others. Some owners should just hire the right professionals, sign the fat cheque's, show up to games + team special events and leave the rest alone.

When your top player praises another team after a loss while subtly taking a shot at his own team front office and team-mates, you know he is probably right.

Comment

I mean, really? if you're a prospect would you really want to go to the Kings? how many prospects have they ruined? where you get drafted matters. Look at Wiggins now. He's a completely different player since he got traded to Golden State.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Reminds me too much of Trey Lyles where he teases you with versality but lacks the focus to make an impact throughout the game (I hope he proves me wrong).
                          There's so many red flags with Baldwin. That's why his name keeps dropping. And if you watch his highlights, he's not even that good of a player. When I watch him play I see a poor man's Kyle Kuzma.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I mean, really? if you're a prospect would you really want to go to the Kings? how many prospects have they ruined? where you get drafted matters. Look at Wiggins now. He's a completely different player since he got traded to Golden State.
                            I mean I get it, but it just reminds me of Stevie Franchise not wanting to play for Van. Player empowerment may have gone too far when undrafted players start turning down teams.

Comment

• Interesting that the Raps worked out all those players but didn't invite anyone back for a second workout.

Comment

Interesting that the Raps worked out all those players but didn't invite anyone back for a second workout.
                                Could be they already found their guy or have been working on trading the pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X