Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

Could be they already found their guy or have been working on trading the pick.
    bobby mentioned that they set up their workouts so they get all the info they need

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Could be they already found their guy or have been working on trading the pick.
      Yeah was thinking the latter or maybe a euro league player perhaps?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

bobby mentioned that they set up their workouts so they get all the info they need
        Bobby also mentioned they usually take a look someone the 2nd time if he didn't have such a good try out the first time.

The whole thing could be also a smokescreen to keep teams from not knowing who the Raptors are interested in cause the Raps usually have good drafts.

Comment

• ESPN has us taking David Roddy in the mock released today.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Bobby also mentioned they usually take a look someone the 2nd time if he didn't have such a good try out the first time.

The whole thing could be also a smokescreen to keep teams from not knowing who the Raptors are interested in cause the Raps usually have good drafts.
            maybe they are happy

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              ESPN has us taking David Roddy in the mock released today.
              ESPN has never been right about us and who we draft.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

maybe they are happy
                Well they will be happy as long as the guy they pick is a bit off everybody else's radar.

I would be a lot happier if they still had the 20th pick. It will be interesting to see who the Spurs pick as they also have the 25th pick in the draft so they can go for the safe pick at the 25 and go for the pick with the greatest upside at 20.

Comment

ESPN has us taking David Roddy in the mock released today.
                  They probably read my comment on the previous page of this thread. Stupid ESPN, do your own research.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    David Roddy:

"At 6-5 and 255 he’s built more like a football player but has an extremely high skill level with the ball and is incredibly efficient.
                    Roddy has a surprisingly quick first step and can dance with the ball on the perimeter and blow by his man and get to the hoop. He’s a great ball-handler and an overall crafty offensive player. He’s also a big-time shot maker, hitting an outstanding 57% from the field and over 46% from 3.
                    Roddy isn’t your typical NBA prospect but he fits in today’s NBA as a multi-dimensional forward who can play small-ball 4 or even 5."

And with the 33rd pick, the Toronto Raptors zig while everyone else zags!
                    I heard mention of him on one of the "pundit" podcasts ... compare is a PJ Tucker type intensity/character and his 3pt. shooting improved greatly this past year. I sense a duplication of Champagnie skills & traits ... I like this type of player finds in the later parts of a draft. Saw a report that he worked out for the Raps.
                    Last edited by Bendit; Wed Jun 22, 2022, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• With a day to go in the draft my top picks for the Raps at 33 remain the same as it did long before the combine. Dalen Terry if he's there and with all this talk about Raps potentially moving up I still think he'd be a great option with a pick in the 20's.

The next guy on my list at 33 is Max Christie. I only looked at guards and wings as I think that is the direction they go in the draft.

I wouldn't be mad if they traded out of the draft if they can't move up to get a guy they want. The players I've looked at in the second round have been kind of underwhelming.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        With a day to go in the draft my top picks for the Raps at 33 remain the same as it did long before the combine. Dalen Terry if he's there and with all this talk about Raps potentially moving up I still think he'd be a great option with a pick in the 20's.

The next guy on my list at 33 is Max Christie. I only looked at guards and wings as I think that is the direction they go in the draft.

I wouldn't be mad if they traded out of the draft if they can't move up to get a guy they want. The players I've looked at in the second round have been kind of underwhelming.
                        ESPN has Christie going 47 so he'd be available.

They have Terry going 21 so he's not likely to be there at 33.

Comment

ESPN has Christie going 47 so he'd be available.

They have Terry going 21 so he's not likely to be there at 33.
                          ESPN is pretty lazy and I don't know if any of the guys making their mock draft list are doing any research or just basing off lists from other sites.

I find tankathon is pretty decent and they have Christie at 38 and Terry at 27.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            With a day to go in the draft my top picks for the Raps at 33 remain the same as it did long before the combine. Dalen Terry if he's there and with all this talk about Raps potentially moving up I still think he'd be a great option with a pick in the 20's.

I think they might go with a defensive wing type of player. Someone like Minott, Watson or Procida for example. There are a few of these types likely available in the 2nd round. We like these 6-8/6'9 guys with long arms, and that can play defense but not do much else.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think they might go with a defensive wing type of player. Someone like Minott, Watson or Procida for example. There are a few of these types likely available in the 2nd round. We like these 6-8/6'9 guys with long arms, and that can play defense but not do much else.
                              I don't follow the draft at all but this seems like a very sensible prediction.

EDIT: We will see what they do but I get the approach. If you highly value certain attributes and characteristics that you don't believe can be taught, then you go after guys with those attributes/characteristics and see if you can teach them the rest of the skills they need. You're favouring those critical attributes over resume, pedigree, past production and even demonstrated skill cause you value them so highly.
                              Last edited by slaw; Wed Jun 22, 2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

I heard mention of him on one of the "pundit" podcasts ... compare is a PJ Tucker type intensity/character and his 3pt. shooting improved greatly this past year. I sense a duplication of Champagnie skills & traits ... I like this type of player finds in the later parts of a draft. Saw a report that he worked out for the Raps.
                                6'5", quick first step, crafty, efficient shooter with a 46% 3 pt shot and solid build (strength), "extremely high skill level with the ball." Sounds like a great change of pace player, a strong screener, and made for coming off the bench. If he can make the team, lock him up for 4 years at the rookie scale and maybe free up Trent Jr for a trade. I don't see the Champagnie comparison, but I haven't seen any film on him either. He sounds intriguing.

I don't think the Raptors need to make major changes this year, but improve around the edges and keep salary manageable for bigger moves in 23-24 season.

Comment

Working...
                                X