Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Here's another intriguing name to throw out there. Josh Minott. Weve worked him out so he's a possibility.

Some key quotes about him.

Today's NBA largely revolves around the position-less concept. And Minott is a perfect fit for that. He can handle the ball, distribute it, score at all three levels. He plays with a large amount of intensity and has a high IQ. The upside is what's most intriguing for NBA teams. While not exactly a project, Minott does have work to do.

"... the analytics on Minott are really impressive, with a sky-high steal rate of a big forward (3.6 per 100 possessions in AAC play), a positive assist-turnover rate and a 14.4 percent rebound rate despite often paying next to a lottery center," wrote former Memphis Grizzlies vice president of basketball operations John Hollinger, who ranked Minott as his No. 10 draft-eligible prospect. "History says it would be folly to ignore a player who passes this deftly and gets his hand on this many balls at the defensive end."

“If you draft him, he’ll be like a lottery pick in two years,” Hall of Famer Larry Brown said. “He’s young, long, athletic quick. He’s just got to grow and get better. He grew 2 inches when I was there. He’s that high-twitch athlete. So many NBA people have called me about him. A couple of years, you might have a diamond.’’
    I still have Terry at 1 but the more I read about Minott the more I like him. He should be available at 33.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I still have Terry at 1 but the more I read about Minott the more I like him. He should be available at 33.
      There's pretty much no chance Terry is there at 33. Every mock has him 1st round now. His stock has been steadily rising.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

There's pretty much no chance Terry is there at 33. Every mock has him 1st round now. His stock has been steadily rising.
        Funny thing is Bleacher Report's mock draft has Terry going to the Spurs at 20. The pick we traded lol.

Comment

His shot is so broken.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...29017326243840

Grant to the Blazers.

Comment

• Nassir little has a lot of overlap of play style with Grant. Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the move, he's a masai type player. But we also already have 3 guys just like him who are better
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                Primary ballhandler in college, looks like his shooting was suspect before this season though. Only 69% from the line as well.

6’5 with 6’11 wingspan and 250 pounds though, could be a grant williams type
                You see a guy's shooting improve from suspect to 41% from three in one year, that tells you something about his work ethic no?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

You see a guy's shooting improve from suspect to 41% from three in one year, that tells you something about his work ethic no?
                  His stats improved in every category each year. He seems like a gamer.

Comment

• So the Blazers still have their 1st this year. Hmm.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

So the Blazers still have their 1st this year. Hmm.
                      Getting Grant signals no time for a rebuild. Think they try the 7 little and simons to get another piece win now piece. Maybe one of the centers?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Getting Grant signals no time for a rebuild. Think they try the 7 little and simons to get another piece win now piece. Maybe one of the centers?
                        I don't see them trading Simons. Simons is a heck of a player and they look at him as a core piece. I don't think the core that they have is good enough to win the championship though. If i'm them i'd keep the 7th and pick a SF someone like Daniels. Move Grant to the 4 and Daniels at the 3. Be a more defensive type team.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

So the Blazers still have their 1st this year. Hmm.
                          True. It's a 2025 FRP (and not even their own) so I guess trade ideas for #7 still have a pulse

Comment

• Comment

• I don't get it, how do the Blazers trade for Grant and not send any players to Detroit?

Comment

I don't see them trading Simons. Simons is a heck of a player and they look at him as a core piece. I don't think the core that they have is good enough to win the championship though. If i'm them i'd keep the 7th and pick a SF someone like Daniels. Move Grant to the 4 and Daniels at the 3. Be a more defensive type team.
                                For some one John Collins you don't think they do it? I don't think blazers have the time to wait for 2 young guys to reach prime. Dame only has a couple years left. Simons showed flashes but he was also playing with basically a g league team mates someone had to score

Comment

Working...
                                X