Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

True. It's a 2025 FRP (and not even their own) so I guess trade ideas for #7 still have a pulse
    Now that they have Grant they prolly not so keen on OG?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I don't get it, how do the Blazers trade for Grant and not send any players to Detroit?
      Trade exception from the CJ McCollum deal

Comment

• Well damn, they have Cade already, a high pick in the draft and like 45 mil in salary cap space. And a likely high pick in 2025 from the Blazers. If they don't find a way screw it up Pistons might actually be good sooner than later.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

6'5", quick first step, crafty, efficient shooter with a 46% 3 pt shot and solid build (strength), "extremely high skill level with the ball." Sounds like a great change of pace player, a strong screener, and made for coming off the bench. If he can make the team, lock him up for 4 years at the rookie scale and maybe free up Trent Jr for a trade. I don't see the Champagnie comparison, but I haven't seen any film on him either. He sounds
          He’s has zero lateral mobility and get blown by easily. He also is a below the rim player.

My vote is for Max Christie.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

You see a guy's shooting improve from suspect to 41% from three in one year, that tells you something about his work ethic no?
            Definitely

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              ESPN has us taking David Roddy in the mock released today.
              ESPN now has the Raptors selecting Koloko at 33

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/ins...intel-scouting

Comment

• Sooo...

Not that I think it's gonna happen, and I'm loathe to fan the flames... but for the hypothetical --

if Masai/Bobby move up to 7 -- who would they be eyeing do we think?

Mathurin for the Cancon? We could certainly use what he projects to bring... He's likely gone by 7 from the sounds of things though...

Who else would Raps management be coveting as the next big steal... (Likely someone not projected in the top 60? lol)

(Is this derailing the thread? .... if so, it'll only be a derail for less than 24hrs at this point...)

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  Sooo...

Not that I think it's gonna happen, and I'm loathe to fan the flames... but for the hypothetical --

if Masai/Bobby move up to 7 -- who would they be eyeing do we think?

Mathurin for the Cancon? We could certainly use what he projects to bring... He's likely gone by 7 from the sounds of things though...

Who else would Raps management be coveting as the next big steal... (Likely someone not projected in the top 60? lol)

(Is this derailing the thread? .... if so, it'll only be a derail for less than 24hrs at this point...)
                  I think it's a lateral move at the absolute best... Someone like AJ Griffin is there. But his ceiling might be OG. Who knows, he could always be better as he's a more fluid athlete although I wouldn't say more athletic, but OG is really damn good. And young. The only reason would be to push the window a few years later just to potentially frustrate Scottie, and treadmill in the near future while we wait. I'd rather look to trade Fred or even Pascal if we're trying to delay our window of contention. For what it's worth, I'm only really interested in trading one of Fred or Gary if the right guard is available. That guy isn't available right now IMO.

If we're gonna trade OG it should be for Rudy Gobert but I'm not totally sold on that either.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Well damn, they have Cade already, a high pick in the draft and like 45 mil in salary cap space. And a likely high pick in 2025 from the Blazers. If they don't find a way screw it up Pistons might actually be good sooner than later.
                    The pick they got is the Bucks. Unless Giannis misses the season it won't be a high pick.

Comment

The pick they got is the Bucks. Unless Giannis misses the season it won't be a high pick.
                      Makes Portland look even better with that trade... Getting a big(ish) gun for next to nothing.

Comment

Well, that provides one data point for the market value of a pretty good player in the last year of his contract approaching UFA, like GTJ. Not very high. It’s a rental price.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Well, that provides one data point for the market value of a pretty good player in the last year of his contract approaching UFA, like GTJ. Not very high. It’s a rental price.
                          There is more to the trade.

notably, the Pistons and Blazers have swapped second-round picks in this year's draft. The Pistons now have No. 36 overall, while the Blazers have No. 46 overall. In addition, the Pistons will receive a 2025 second-round pick from the Blazers and a 2026 second-round pick (most favorable between the Blazers and the New Orleans Pelicans). Detroit will also receive a $21 million trade exception as part of the deal

That's actually a nice haul. Future 1st round pick, moving up 10 spots in the 2nd this year, and 2 future 2nd round picks. Plus most importantly for them, a huge tpe so they have cap space to make a max offer.
                          Last edited by Primer; Wed Jun 22, 2022, 11:09 PM.

Comment

There is more to the trade.

notably, the Pistons and Blazers have swapped second-round picks in this year's draft. The Pistons now have No. 36 overall, while the Blazers have No. 46 overall. In addition, the Pistons will receive a 2025 second-round pick from the Blazers and a 2026 second-round pick (most favorable between the Blazers and the New Orleans Pelicans). Detroit will also receive a $21 million trade exception as part of the deal

That's actually a nice haul. Future 1st round pick, moving up 10 spots in the 2nd this year, and 2 future 2nd round picks. Plus most importantly for them, a huge tpe so they have cap space to make a max offer.
                            How truly valuable are 2nd round picks, though? For as good as our front office is, we’ve only hit on one 2nd round pick, Powell, during Masai’s almost a decade long tenure. And even Norm took until his last year with the Raps to find real consistency.

And as the Knicks always find out, cap space is only valuable if you actually land that guy. Otherwise, it’s fool’s gold.
                            Last edited by golden; Wed Jun 22, 2022, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

How truly valuable are 2nd round picks, though? For as good as our front office is, we’ve only hit on one 2nd round pick, Powell, during Masai’s almost a decade long tenure. And even Norm took until his last year with the Raps to find real consistency.

And as the Knicks always find out, cap space is only valuable if you actually land that guy. Otherwise, it’s fool’s gold.
                              It's still a ton more value than just a future 1st.

If we could trade Trent in a way that gave us space to sign Ayton or Beal outright I'd be a lot more interested in that trade.

Comment

• Draft Day!

Comment

Working...
                                X