Everything 2022 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

Everything I'm hearing from draft folks is that this draft is a) relatively weak and b) pretty flat, outside of the top like 8 guys. Which I suspect at the least the Toronto front office agrees with (though probably not the Spurs FO) based on that trade.
    It was a no brainer for SA. Lose Thad for nothing in the offseason, or move up 13 spots and lose him during the season. Even if they think the same way as Toronto it still made sense to do the trade. Even if it's flat you'll have 13 more guys available still at 20. Their scouting department is pretty good at finding value late in the draft. Basically, they had no good reason not to make the trade.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It was a no brainer for SA. Lose Thad for nothing in the offseason, or move up 13 spots and lose him during the season. Even if they think the same way as Toronto it still made sense to do the trade. Even if it's flat you'll have 13 more guys available still at 20. Their scouting department is pretty good at finding value late in the draft. Basically, they had no good reason not to make the trade.
      That assumes there was no other Thad trade out there. And maybe that's true! But more likely they liked this one the best of the offers out there, which means they do value the higher slot, rather than just doing it because "why not."
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

That assumes there was no other Thad trade out there. And maybe that's true! But more likely they liked this one the best of the offers out there, which means they do value the higher slot, rather than just doing it because "why not."
        Yeah I'm sure they value the higher slot, and also that they didn't need to take on future salary in the trade. I doubt they got offers that gave them both of those other than ours. I value the higher slot too, but I think getting Thad was enough to justify the move.

Comment

• Who I'd like to see the Raps take at 33 - Dalen Terry(if he's still on the board).

Prediction - Kendall Brown or Peyton Watson.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If Laravia falls I want him

Comment

• Never been so excited to hear Mark Tatum speak

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

His name sounds like a Beach Boys song.
                  I was thinking more Rupert Holmes - Escape.

Koloko don't be caught in the rain.

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I was thinking more Rupert Holmes - Escape.

Koloko don't be caught in the rain.
                      I see it but I still think now if you wanna go and get away from it all go down to Koloko.

Oh and it looks like #7 isn't happening unless it comes with an elite center so it is all about Koloko now.

Comment

• Anybody with an estimate of the time the first round ends? It's five minutes between picks, correct? I don't have the patience or interest to watch 30 full picks before getting to the Raptors.

Comment

• Rockets gotta be happy jabari fell to the.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Anybody with an estimate of the time the first round ends? It's five minutes between picks, correct? I don't have the patience or interest to watch 30 full picks before getting to the Raptors.
                            You’ve got a long wait then…..

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              He'll likely end up in Sac lol. Poor guy.

LOL how can they be so wrong with the top 3 with all the "inside knowledge"

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                Rockets gotta be happy jabari fell to the.
                                The Magic fucked up lol.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X