No announcement yet.

Game Twenty One (Blackjack!) Boston at Raptors Sunday November 28th 6pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Twenty One (Blackjack!) Boston at Raptors Sunday November 28th 6pm on SN1

Should be an interesting matchup this weekend.
    The Raps are not exactly at a highpoint.
    Not exactly at a low point either
    That's what happens when you go LWLWL in your last five.
    Let's take the temperature here by checking in on the latest trending forum topic..

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...ing-2022-draft

Hmmmmm....not great.

But let's check in on our fellow Atlantic Division member

Yes, things are a little rough in Beantown.
    And I'm not getting this from our local slander podcasts

This comes right from the coach's mouth.

Here's Coach Ime after the last game.

“Just can’t dig ourselves that hole… It’s habits that we need to break. Not trying to go isolation. We got Marcus, Jaylen, Jayson, and Dennis starting. They need to learn to play together, not try to just get baskets for themselves.”

(and, as a shortcut, those are your starters for the Boston C*&#ics)

It's not quite as bad as a poked bear but you can bet the C's will come out fighting. Possibly with each other.
    I imagine they might try passing.
    Hopefully that gives our transition game a spark.

No word on the Raptors rotating injury report.

Would love to see OG back.
    And Gary.
    And Yuta.

So, it's game Twenty One.
    If Blackjack isn't your game, maybe something else?
    How 'bout Roulette?
    My only piece of advice?

Bet on Red

FUCK BOSTON

I’m only watching so I can make Precious-Taters jokes to myself

Comment

Jclaw the great thread starter is back but judging by our last few games all the thread starters are one win and done. Hope that changes on this homestand. Go Raptors.

Comment

it's always especially nice to beat boston, but without OG and Trent this will be an L unfortunately. Those 2 have been huge difference makers on both ends of the floor for us.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
          it's always especially nice to beat boston, but without OG and Trent this will be an L unfortunately. Those 2 have been huge difference makers on both ends of the floor for us.
          Schroeder and Time Lord are out for Boston. Brown is questionable.

For the Raptors, Birch is out. Trent and OG are questionable.

I think the injuries on both sides makes this an even matchup.

Comment

Williams is usually the Raptors' biggest problem. With him out, hopefully it makes things easier.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Schroeder and Time Lord are out for Boston. Brown is questionable.

For the Raptors, Birch is out. Trent and OG are questionable.

I think the injuries on both sides makes this an even matchup.
              Tatum, Brown, Smart vs Siakam, FVV, Barnes sounds like a fair fight.

Protect home court!

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                Williams is usually the Raptors' biggest problem. With him out, hopefully it makes things easier.
                Horford is old but still pretty good. Hopefully he is too slow for Precious but I’m leery of that vet savvy.

Comment

Game Day!
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Dragon stepping away from the team…

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      Dragon stepping away from the team…

Kinda wondering if this is smoke and mirrors. Obviously we wanted to play him from the get go and gave up on him pretty quickly.. seems like he didn't buy in as much as he claimed and team kinda just said not worth it and DNP. Maybe I'm being a cynic. But personal reason is a way to keep him away and not totally tank trade value
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Kinda wondering if this is smoke and mirrors. Obviously we wanted to play him from the get go and gave up on him pretty quickly.. seems like he didn't buy in as much as he claimed and team kinda just said not worth it and DNP. Maybe I'm being a cynic. But personal reason is a way to keep him away and not totally tank trade value
                        Sounds like it to me too.

it's a problem though, the game time that is, ilthe game starts before the rider game is over.....grr ....

Comment

OG injury looks to be serious and Gary is out.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

This feels like last season all over again. Players going down left and right. Sounds like OG and Trent are going to be out a while. Not good.

Speaking of OG, I think they should consider moving him. He's injured EVERY YEAR. We keep calling his injuries fluke or bad luck but it happens every year. Is it really bad luck or he's just injury prone?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I don’t really see it like that, if I’m hearing you correctly. Goran played off the top and looked old and slow on the floor and ultimately not what we want or need right now. Seemed like he came in with a really good attitude once he arrived and with recognition that if he didn’t put in the work here, his career would be on the way to being over… at this stage, playing him zero minutes, it’s really tough for him to be here. He’s a vet with pride, who was always essentially ballast in a trade to us. My feeling is more along the lines that he’s been a good, quiet soldier for us, and that Masai/Bobby are doing him the solid of making it look like he needs some time away, and getting him away from the team until something else can happen. (Either that and/or something genuinely personal is happening.)

The Raps language in the press release is super supportive though and I feel like they’re doing that cause everybody is doing what’s best and it’s just business… but we can only speculate of course. I’m less inclined to take a pessimistic view about it though. Ultimately, I’m sure he’d love playing time, whether it be to be a part of the team, or to build up his value for a trade — but it’s Nick who doesn’t want him, and not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                              X