No announcement yet.

Game Twenty One (Blackjack!) Boston at Raptors Sunday November 28th 6pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health is the contributing factor to most of the recent loses. The defence has suffered without OG and Birch. A lot of the guys that played last night wouldn't;t be on the court if we had everyone. Overall this has been a brutal year for injuries.

We are just 3.5 games back from sixth and 2 games back from 8th, pretty easy to make that up... It's still a month into the season.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I accept that.. and my comment was tongue in cheek when I mentioned the blown 3-1.. but that to me gave that dread feeling I've felt for most of this season. They had a great defensive stop, and was going on a 3-1 break. Blew it. Boston scored easily on the other end.. and at that point there was no looking back. It was basically over.

Our depth is terrible.. and if you can't finish a 3-1 in the NBA, you don't really have a shot do you?
      It was bad. I guess I'm cutting Watanabe some slack cause he's barely played....

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

you must be joking about gtj right... I would trade him away in a heart beat for a chance to get shai and toss in picks.
        The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Nah, don’t see it….Actually there’s more chance for VanVleet to go the other way than GTJ in exchange of Shai. Masai and Bobby are now after length.

But I digress….as far as your boy Siakam is concerned, he has 13.3 field goal attempts and only scoring 17.7 points in 9 games. I am hoping when he reaches the 15th game mark, he should be taking more attempts and more scoring than VanVleet. By then he at least should elevate his value commensurate to the $33 million he is getting this season.
        Any thoughts about your boy Siakam?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Post up are not efficient form of offense. If you are elite go ahead but if not then it's bad offense.

We already know how to play in modern era. Pick and Roll and 3 point shooters. That's what they need.
          lmao i am done

Comment

• We are in top 5 in isolation plays, why I think Raptors are bottom dwellers in Assists per Game

Selfish fuckers

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

lmao i am done
              https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...ts-joel-embiid

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

lmao i am done
                Leo is that you?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Post up are not efficient form of offense. If you are elite go ahead but if not then it's bad offense.

We already know how to play in modern era. Pick and Roll and 3 point shooters. That's what they need.
                  I will give you the floor, explain to me in your own words how post up are not efficient. what happens when you post up to make it archaic form of basketball.

we know what the TREND is in the new era, i dont want to hear that.

Comment

• Its pretty obvious. Outside of a few elite post players, its not a thing anymore. This era is about pace, space and shooting. Post scoring takes too much time.

Given that Nurse said Raptors are focusing on possessions and winning the shot attempts battle, they're the last team to focus on Scottie in the post.

How do you use Scottie? He'd be best as a screener. Pick and roll, get him the ball in the middle and either he pulls up for a mid range, drives for a finish or uses his height and playmaking to find shooters or cutters. Of course you mix it in with Scottie bringing the ball up, initiating the offense, etc. Thats what I think anyway.

Comment

I will give you the floor, explain to me in your own words how post up are not efficient. what happens when you post up to make it archaic form of basketball.

we know what the TREND is in the new era, i dont want to hear that.
                      From Mixx's link

The post-up seems to have gone the way of the midrange jumper, squeezed out of the game by more analytically advantageous shots. In an average season, a possession that ends with a post-up yields about 86 points per 100 possessions; according to Synergy, no offense this season scores so inefficiently, even if you remove high-value transition plays and focus on half-court offense alone (because most post-ups come against set defenses).

Comment

• We can lament about post-up dying and how it's not being taught and coaches don't teach and all that. I'm choosing to focus on what's happening on NBA right now and not try to relive some 90s glory days or reinvent the wheel.

In Memo #4, we reviewed the Defensive Three-Second (“D3”) rule. As noted in that explanation, the D3 rule seems simple, but is actually rather complex, with five different caveats that affect the legality of defensive players in the lane and the count itself. The same is true for the Offensive Three-Second (“O3”) rule, although there are only two caveats that affect the count.

The O3 rule states that an offensive player cannot be in the lane for more than three seconds while his team has control of the ball. The count starts when the offensive player enters or is in the lane and his team has control of the ball in the frontcourt (if a player is in the lane and his team has control of the ball in the backcourt, there is no count). The count stops when a shot is taken, the player exits the lane or there is a loss of team control/possession (for example, a strip followed by the offensive team regaining control would start new count).

However, the rulebook also includes two actions the player in the lane can take to discontinue (or pause) the count:
                        3 seconds rule. While Harden can dance for as long as he needs to. Pascal can't be in the lane for more than 3 seconds.

https://videorulebook.nba.com/archiv...t-violation-3/

“This is an example of a 5 Second Back to the Basket Violation. The offensive player with the ball, Jeff Green, maintains his dribble with his back to the basket for more than the allowed 5 seconds, and he is called for the violation. An offensive player in his frontcourt below the free throw line extended is not allowed to dribble the ball with his back or side to the basket while being actively guarded by an opponent for more the 5 seconds.”
                        I don't understand building your teams identity on playstyle that NBA hates.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

From Mixx's link

The post-up seems to have gone the way of the midrange jumper, squeezed out of the game by more analytically advantageous shots. In an average season, a possession that ends with a post-up yields about 86 points per 100 possessions; according to Synergy, no offense this season scores so inefficiently, even if you remove high-value transition plays and focus on half-court offense alone (because most post-ups come against set defenses).
                          you cant use your own words i notices.

the article from 2-3 years ago is talking about a trend. nothing either of you have said says why post ups are not efficient. no one even back in the day posts for 5 secs.

i come back when you guys start talking basketball X’s and O’s

Comment

the article from 2-3 years ago is talking about a trend. nothing either of you have said says why post ups are not efficient. no one even back in the day posts for 5 secs.

You are the best G ! lol

Comment

You didn't say why they are efficient. No stats.just eye test. What are you basing this on? You just look at 90s and how game was played. We are telling it's not viable in today's game. And it's been proven.

Nobody backed up for 5 sec? That's why it's literally called Barkley and Mark Jackson rule?

​​​​​​

Comment

Because you used your own words? You sent me a video of the triangle offense, which no one outside of Phil Jackson has used or is capable of using and that was in the 90s and 2000s. Hell he failed at it during his time in NY. Primarily scoring out of the post is quite inefficient these days, using it to pass around off ball? Sure, they are tons of ways you can utilize off ball movement.

Comment

Working...
                                X