No announcement yet.

Game #10: Utah Jazz 93 vs. Toronto Raptors 111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me ball movement anytime/game. Not only is it super pretty to witness, promotes sharing the ball/the team game and finding the open man... it is also pretty damn difficult to defend.

Comment

• Just got a chance to watch the game now. How did jj stay in the game after he rolled his ankle like that? Adrenaline does wonders I guess. At least that's what That's Incredible thought me.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Just got a chance to watch the game now. How did jj stay in the game after he rolled his ankle like that? Adrenaline does wonders I guess. At least that's what That's Incredible thought me.
        Yep! Was thinking the same thing. And plus it takes a few minutes for the swelling to set in.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Just got a chance to watch the game now. How did jj stay in the game after he rolled his ankle like that? Adrenaline does wonders I guess. At least that's what That's Incredible thought me.
          i remember when he was in memphis and sprained his ankle. he ended up playing 2 days later.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Yeah, it makes very little sense in this day and age that camera guys are allowed on the court at all. Aside from the fact that the coverage they provide is a negligible amount of total game footage, THEY'RE ON THE FREAKIN' COURT!

Imagine if MLB allowed camera men in foul territory?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Yeah, it makes very little sense in this day and age that camera guys are allowed on the court at all. Aside from the fact that the coverage they provide is a negligible amount of total game footage, THEY'RE ON THE FREAKIN' COURT!

The worst part about JJ's injury is that after George's injury in the offseason, the NBA did move the cameramen back. There's a gray line on the Raps' court along the baseline, but the guy who JJ tripped over was well over the line. They should just go ahead and push them back a bit more, and install some sort of physical barrier, since a painted line isn't enough of a deterrent.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                The worst part about JJ's injury is that after George's injury in the offseason, the NBA did move the cameramen back. There's a gray line on the Raps' court along the baseline, but the guy who JJ tripped over was well over the line. They should just go ahead and push them back a bit more, and install some sort of physical barrier, since a painted line isn't enough of a deterrent.
                The cameraman's punishment should be an MMA fight vs. Johnson (with his gimpy ankle to make it fair). Filmed with his guilty camera, and televised on the Comedy Network.

Comment

• Paul George didn't run into the Camera guys though ... his leg got jammed on the Stanchion.

JJ didn't actually trip over anyone either, I don't think. He twisted it as he was trying to stop himself from running into them.

That said, ya, move em back.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Paul George didn't run into the Camera guys though ... his leg got jammed on the Stanchion.

JJ didn't actually trip over anyone either, I don't think. He twisted it as he was trying to stop himself from running into them.

That said, ya, move em back.
                    No PG didn't, but his injury (and the fact that the base of the basket was closer in that arena than NBA arenas) opened the conversation. I don't have a link, but remember reading about it during the summer, that his injury was the catalyst.

Looking at the replay of JJ, you can see the cameraman's legs extending beyond the gray line on the court that is drawn like a box for the cameraman (similar to the boxes on a baseball diamond for base coaches). It looked to me like JJ landed on the guy's foot, which caused his ankle to roll.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      And there is the rub.
                      There no rub, its sports, its a decent, young team thats gonna be good and bad. Will bitch when they suck and cheer when they are awesome. Stop turning it into rocket science man.

Comment

I had posted earlier in the thread...how about introducing the concept of the "pool photographer...have a rotation of eg. 4 photographers positioned around the court and all of the news outlets share in the click results taken. This reduces the numbers and the inevitable jostle which probably occurs for good position...and expenses (beer, pizza, nachos) that the "photojournalists" must consume. And for what ? max 2-3 gameshots that make the print/website?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          I had posted earlier in the thread...how about introducing the concept of the "pool photographer...have a rotation of eg. 4 photographers positioned around the court and all of the news outlets share in the click results taken. This reduces the numbers and the inevitable jostle which probably occurs for good position...and expenses (beer, pizza, nachos) that the "photojournalists" must consume. And for what ? max 2-3 gameshots that make the print/website?
                          Technology has given us cameras capable of seeing light years away, yet we inexplicably need fat asses lying on the ground, 2 feet from game action.

Comment

Technology has given us cameras capable of seeing light years away, yet we inexplicably need fat asses lying on the ground, 2 feet from game action.
                            They still have that guy that sits on a swivel at half court with a camera I'm pretty sure. Coolest job ever. Probably kills your back though.

Comment

And i hate the view from those cameras.. especially when they capture a break away dunk. IT DOES NOT capture the best view of the dunk yet they repeatedly switches to that camera when the action is going on. Terrible!

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                                And i hate the view from those cameras.. especially when they capture a break away dunk. IT DOES NOT capture the best view of the dunk yet they repeatedly switches to that camera when the action is going on. Terrible!
                                but... but... but... the view from the floor makes the players seem larger than life. Larger. Than. Life.

I agree, I can't stand that view, since it's a terrible perspective (especially on TV) to see the entire game/play unfolding.

I see little value to having cameras there, aside from helping to determine possession calls.

Comment

Working...
                                X