• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wrong though. They do box out. https://go.nba.com/jg7p

They just don't grab the ball.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Yeah they will get lit up. I hope you know that.
      You have low standards for ‘lit up’. Lol. They were already trending towards worst DRTG of all time. That said, last 2 games have been a step in the right direction.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

You have low standards for ‘lit up’. Lol. They were already trending towards worst DRTG of all time. That said, last 2 games have been a step in the right direction.
        Execution on rotations has been better. And less Boucher
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Execution on rotations has been better. And less Boucher
          We also haven’t been double teaming and over pressuring the ball as much. That’s the first thing that needs to be dialed down. That’s a luxury, not a necessity.

Comment

• There's nothing wrong with the concept they're trying to implement defensively, other than it requires all 5 guys to not F up. And right now, they can't consistently get 5 guys on the floor at the same time who won't F up.

The early season for this D is all about getting guys comfortable making the right split-second decisions. Part of the evaluation job will be learning who can and who can't adapt to the system. Boucher was always going to struggle, as he has never shown super D instincts. Guys like Barnes, Fred, Pascal, already get it. But it only take 1 missed rotation or assignment to mess it all up, and they're getting multiple missed assignments too regularly right now.

Nurse is playing the long game here, but the mid-term could be ugly.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, but Casey literally handed out "role cards". lmao. Casey's system was rigid and simplistic. Stay in your lane. No dribbling. Pass it to Will (i.e. Lowry and DeMar). That made it easier to plug and play new faces into the system instantly, but also limited the playoff ceiling of the team. I get that Nurse is focused on building the right habits for an adaptable playoff team. But you have to walk before you can run.

Nurse's "All Aggressive, All The Time" philosophy is pretty much the equivalent of trying to run before you learn to walk. Especially for young players and new players. I mean, Baynes looked like complete dog-sh*t when he was here... coming off one of his best seasons. All the new guys talk about how different/difficult it is to learn the system. It's clearly a factor. Vets come here and play worse than in previous stints. Whereas with Casey... Hayes, Salmons, Amir, Fields... most of those guys were out of the league after Raptors, but not because of Raptors.
              No doubt. There's a much higher bar around here after winning a championship. It's not about 50 win seasons any more. That's a victory teams like Atlanta, New York and Chicago can reach for and be proud of as was Toronto back when winning 50 games was a goal.

Comment

• They are gambling way too much, which puts them out of position, which causes a guy to rotate... yada yada yada, and guys aren't boxing out.

This team has enough plus defenders to play a composed man to man D and not allow much penetration. Most of these guys if they aren't gambling can stay in front of their guys. We also don't need to be doubling as much as we are.

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

The early season for this D is all about getting guys comfortable making the right split-second decisions.
                  Nurse is playing the long game here, but the mid-term could be ugly.
                  I think a lot of teams were sloppy at the beginning of the season, and we were creating a tone of turn overs. Teams have tightened up their TO's over the past month. Plus the refs are starting to call the games more like last year, we were getting away with a ton of contact early.

Comment

Working...
                  X