No announcement yet.

Game 22 Memphis at Raptors Tuesday November 30th 7:30pm on SN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is simplistic but maybe Nick Nurse though a very innovative coach but the type of offense that he runs is conducive to an elite Isolation player complemented with a high IQ passing bigman and a point guard with a big ass lol who is also the GROAT

Comment

• think about it guys. Our starters used to be on a bench. that's how deep Raps were. Imagine if we had somebody of FVV caliber off the bench or Siakam, Poeltl and even OG in championship year. Just gotta stay patient and hope some guys develop or front office finds somebody
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        When you have a lineup of Bonga, Flynn, Boucher, Banton, and another bench guy or even a starter, you know you are hurting.

I think the fact that we have 19.5M sitting in Slovenia doesn’t help. Not saying we need Dragic, but we need that 14% of our salary cap to be contributing.

We thought this team had better depth this year… maybe not.
        I do think some of our bench guys can help. We’ve seen Boucher play awesome (win them games even!) but he needs extended minutes and they aren’t there. Guys like Banton, Svi and Flynn need structure and simple tactics to execute but they are playing in a complex defense designed for unique, high IQ athletes and an offense that plays to their weaknesses.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I do think some of our bench guys can help. We’ve seen Boucher play awesome (win them games even!) but he needs extended minutes and they aren’t there. Guys like Banton, Svi and Flynn need structure and simple tactics to execute but they are playing in a complex defense designed for unique, high IQ athletes and an offense that plays to their weaknesses.
          I’ve never been a fan of Boucher, he’s been getting the Canadian benefit of the doubt. He should be seeing any floor time with how he’s been playing. Not only on offence, but he’s been absolutely brutal on D.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            I honestly have more confidence when Scottie pulls up from three, than when Siakam does. Actually I only have confidence in a Siakam shot in the post. Scottie has the green light and should be taking more shots.

I think it’s safe to Siakam is over paid. I’m not saying that he isn’t a valuable player, just not 33, 35, 37M he’s about to be paid.
            right but you can't renegotiate that contract money now.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

boucher playing extended minutes isn't going to help much... The others though I agree.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                think about it guys. Our starters used to be on a bench. that's how deep Raps were. Imagine if we had somebody of FVV caliber off the bench or Siakam, Poeltl and even OG in championship year. Just gotta stay patient and hope some guys develop or front office finds somebody
                The management has done a horrible job(or great if their plan is to tank) assembling a supporting cast. That's 2 straight years now where they have absolutely zero bench help. Like I said, none of these guys - Yuta, Flynn, Svi, Bonga. Boucher - are rotation players. The other 2 guys(Precious and Banton) are young players who at this point in their careers are nothing more than energy guys.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  We are 20 plus games in and tonight we saw .. again...no discernible half court offense.
                  We are still in or around 29th in rebounding and 30th in 2nd chance points given up.

Growing pains .. or..... are the Panzers warming up their engines. ?
                  And 29th in assists. Freddy is the guard that said hes captain now? Well

this team sucks so bad

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The management has done a horrible job(or great if their plan is to tank) assembling a supporting cast. That's 2 straight years now where they have absolutely zero bench help. Like I said, none of these guys - Yuta, Flynn, Svi, Bonga. Boucher - are rotation players. The other 2 guys(Precious and Banton) are young players who at this point in their careers are nothing more than energy guys.
                    Honestly...I'm little puzzled too. They need some actual veterans. Guys like Cory Joseph, Patterson, CJ Miles were fine as stop gaps and young guys were developing just fine. Eventually you move on from them but right now we could use some veteran leadership.

Comment

Honestly...I'm little puzzled too. They need some actual veterans. Guys like Cory Joseph, Patterson, CJ Miles were fine as stop gaps and young guys were developing just fine. Eventually you move on from them but right now we could use some veteran leadership.
                      Nah, vets just take minutes from guys they need to develop. Their focus on making this defense work has been singular, almost Hikie-esque. Just gotta trust the process

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Nah, vets just take minutes from guys they need to develop. Their focus on making this defense work has been singular, almost Hikie-esque. Just gotta trust the process
                        Young guys don't win in this league and we got too many of them. You don't always get development and winning at the same time.

Comment

If we're counting Cory and Pat as vets during their Raptor years, I'd say Fred, Khem and Pascal are fine. Dragic was probably supposed to be the true vet, but I guess that went in a different direction of sitting him until they trade or buy him out.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

If we're counting Cory and Pat as vets during their Raptor years, I'd say Fred, Khem and Pascal are fine. Dragic was probably supposed to be the true vet, but I guess that went in a different direction of sitting him until they trade or buy him out.
                            well Fred and Khem and Pascal are starters now. When Cory and Patterson were here they were bench guys. I'm just saying it won't hurt to get a couple of vets doing some work. Why do we need Svi or Boucher? I rather have somebody solid who has been in the league for a while and done things.

Comment

• Some of y’alls expectations are too high. Vegas had our over/under win total this year to be 35…. Right now we’re on pace for 34 and we haven’t really had all our guys healthy at once.

We don’t need to bring in veteran stopgaps. We need to get healthy and that will shift a lot of guys back down into lesser roles.

Fred has shown me he can be the man. I have faith in GTJ too. OG is obviously a lock at the three. Scottie and Pascal are both high quality forwards. The only real question mark for us (again) is at centre. It’s why I feel we should make a run at Myles Turner.

The ingredients are all there. We just have to let it bake.

Comment

• We can't score more than 100 without Trent out there. Just not enough firepower.

Comment

Working...
                                X