Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I thought cap projection for next year was 66+ million...wouldn't 30% be 19.8+? Or is there a more conservative projection you're using?

*I know it doesn't really change anything. I'm just curious.
    No, I'm using the 66.5M projection. But maximum salaries are based on an outdated version of the salary cap calculation - the salary cap is calculated using about 45% of BRI, while the max salaries are calculated based on a "salary cap" level based on about 42% of BRI. So in reality the maxes are not 25%, 30%, 35% - they are closer to 23%, 28%, and 33%.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Frank Isola: On ESPN, Zach Randolph, Tony Allen & Mike Conley all seem convinced that Marc Gasol is re-signing with the Memphis Grizzlies. Twitter @FisolaNYDN
      Oh well.... Plan B!

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Oh well.... Plan B!
        That's what all the players said about Bosh
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          That's what all the players said about Bosh
          Was it? I don't remember that (like actually, I have no recollection at all)

Comment

Was it? I don't remember that (like actually, I have no recollection at all)
            Didn't Sony Weems say he thought he was coming back. In his exit interview.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Didn't Sony Weems say he thought he was coming back. In his exit interview.
              Yeah...I don't know, but if he did, he was just talking shit I think. Sonny Weems is not a reliable source.

As far as I remember, no one was saying anything with certainty, and BC kept assuming since Bosh didn't say he was leaving and we could offer the most money, that we'd be able to keep him.

Anyway, I don't think Gasol's teammates should be saying that either, but I see it as very likely he'll stay in Memphis, and about the only other realistic options after that for him are the Spurs and Knicks (and the Knicks are a long shot).

Comment

Only time will tell. No one thought we would resign Lowry at this point last year.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yeah...I don't know, but if he did, he was just talking shit I think. Sonny Weems is not a reliable source.

As far as I remember, no one was saying anything with certainty, and BC kept assuming since Bosh didn't say he was leaving and we could offer the most money, that we'd be able to keep him.

Anyway, I don't think Gasol's teammates should be saying that either, but I see it as very likely he'll stay in Memphis, and about the only other realistic options after that for him are the Spurs and Knicks (and the Knicks are a long shot).
                  OO dont say that to the Knicks fans.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                    OO dont say that to the Knicks fans.
                    Hey, they should just be happy they have any shot. They wouldn't if Jackson didn't go there.

Comment

Working...
                    X