Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Greg Monroe would be a terrible pick up. Love and Gasol will be out of our price range. Millsap might be available. Butler could probably be had by overpaying (max money). Kawhi will be matched for sure.

But keep in mind any big free agency get means losing Amir, so really we should only be looking at PF's. Unless we can swing a deal for a PF (assuming we are looking for a Horford type, would probably require moving DeMar), in which case we'd need to target a wing in free agency.
    How exactly is Greg Monroe a terrible pickup?

He's putting up 20 and 12 in a system where he gets no love. Despite playing with 2 ball hogs (Jennings and Smith), a dominant center (Drummond) and no spacing, he still manages to have the 4th best PER among power forwards.

Get this guy out of Detroit, play him in a serious system, give him touches as a post up C, and he can dominate. He's really young too.

I like Millsap too, but why is K Love too much? You have roughly 33 mill coming off the books.
    Lets say we resign Lou Will at 6 mill a year for arguments sake.
    That leaves 27 million on the table.

I'm confident we can throw even 18 mill at Kevin Love and still fill out the rest of our roster.

PG: Lowry, Vasquez, draft pick
    SG: Derozan, Williams
    SF: Ross, JJ, Bruno
    PF: Love, Patterson
    C: Big Val, backup center (perhaps Amir, but not sure yet), Bebe

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
      How exactly is Greg Monroe a terrible pickup?

He's putting up 20 and 12 in a system where he gets no love. Despite playing with 2 ball hogs (Jennings and Smith), a dominant center (Drummond) and no spacing, he still manages to have the 4th best PER among power forwards.

Get this guy out of Detroit, play him in a serious system, give him touches as a post up C, and he can dominate. He's really young too.

I like Millsap too, but why is K Love too much? You have roughly 33 mill coming off the books.
      Lets say we resign Lou Will at 6 mill a year for arguments sake.
      That leaves 27 million on the table.

I'm confident we can throw even 18 mill at Kevin Love and still fill out the rest of our roster.

PG: Lowry, Vasquez, draft pick
      SG: Derozan, Williams
      SF: Ross, JJ, Bruno
      PF: Love, Patterson
      C: Big Val, backup center (perhaps Amir, but not sure yet), Bebe
      Roughly 33 mil comming off of 78 mil. leaving 45 + all the cap holds.

Salary cap expected to be 68~
      if we renounce all the cap holds we can offer a max to Gasol or Love.. Not sure how we are out of the price range for max free agents. DanH to the rescue here?

Sorry i quoted the wrong post for this.
      Last edited by ball4life; Mon Nov 17, 2014, 01:21 PM. Reason: Should have quoted DanH's post

Comment

Cap is projected at 66.5M. 28 million in expirings, not 33. With roster slot cap holds, we are looking at 16.9M to offer a free agent, if we re-sign no one (let Amir, Lou walk).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

As for Monroe, he is a terrible defender, and wouldn't remotely fit next to Valanciunas.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Re Monroe....if I remember correctly there were no offers /no demand to sign him via a rfa offer sheet. I wonder why?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Re Monroe....if I remember correctly there were no offers /no demand to sign him via a rfa offer sheet. I wonder why?
              I expect things would have been quite different if he had been UFA instead of RFA. Teams probably didn't want to pay him as much as they assumed it would take to avoid Detroit matching.

Comment

I was thinking about doing a Monroe trade proposal in the the trade thread but ultimately decided against it. Although I think he's a good deal at anything below the max, I don't see him working at PF beside JV and he's to good to be a back up center. I don't think you get Monroe unless you are confident he's going to be much better than JV, which I'm not confident will be the case.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                  I was thinking about doing a Monroe trade proposal in the the trade thread but ultimately decided against it. Although I think he's a good deal at anything below the max, I don't see him working at PF beside JV and he's to good to be a back up center. I don't think you get Monroe unless you are confident he's going to be much better than JV, which I'm not confident will be the case.
                  Whether you want Monroe or not, you do NOT trade for him. Because he signed his QO, if he is traded, his Bird Rights don't come with him. So you still need cap room to sign him, and can still only offer 4 years and standard raises like everyone else.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                  X