Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this team need a trade to stay competitive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this team need a trade to stay competitive?

Pretty much exactly what the heading says. I know this topic has been discussed in multiple threads but it's a pain to read through every post to check the temperature of the board about this issue. With the trade deadline approaching maybe this discussion heats up.

c-troop wrote: View Post
    Pretty much exactly what the heading says. I know this topic has been discussed in multiple threads but it's a pain to read through every post to check the temperature of the board about this issue. With the trade deadline approaching maybe this discussion heats up.
    Does this team need a trade to stay competitive? As of now, yes, probably.

Does this team need to stay competitive? Right now, no, they don't

Ergo

Does this team need a trade? According to my compass, We're headed North, or, "No"
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It will take a lot of trades, a lot of signings and a lot of development before this team becomes truly competitive. Dont get used to these players
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

It would be nice to get rid of Dragic for some asset rather than having $19 million doing nothing for the team but even if a trade happens it's unlikely to add a player that would help straightaway.

Ultimately, unless they are looking to really shake things up (and I don't think they are) it's hard to envision a feasible trade that makes them materially better.

Comment

The core is Fred/OG/Siakam. Nothing will (or should) happen until that group gets an extended run together a full health, so Masai/Bobby can evaluate how much they can actually impact winning.

That's a separate track that runs in parallel to Scottie's development.

Comment

We're not competitive with this group at the moment, but that's because they're young and green. At full strength I see them at .500 and making the playoffs (which is not bad on the first year without Lowry). With injuries to starters, because we don't have quality depth, we're closer to the bottom of the conference (which is where we are now)

If these guys were older and we were in win-now mode, yeah we should be gunning for trades. We're the youngest team in the league though. So we should:

1. Let the young players develop
            2. Maintain/improve the value of the vets (Siakam & Fred)
            3. Be open to win-win trades that could improve the team when our window re-opens. That means Pascal and Fred are not untouchable, but you don't let them go for peanuts either.
            4. If you're sputtering at the deadline, don't be afraid to tank to expedite the rebuild, that's an acceptable approach given where the team is at.

Comment

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, it's pretty obvious that wins/losses don't matter to the Raps front office otherwise Dragic would be a staple in the rotation. I don't care about the numbers that Dragic put up in the first 2 games of the season. He is WAY BETTER than Flynn and Banton.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

It would be nice if chris was playing good and we could use him to attach to dragic to get rid of him for taking back a bad contract and a long shot prospect..
                Think thats the only type of move this team is going to make within the season.
                Health is the most important. If this team is healthy we will be in the play in spot at least. No one is really blowing anyone away right now in the east. the middle of the pack 6-11 are all around 500 teams right now
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  The core is Fred/OG/Siakam. Nothing will (or should) happen until that group gets an extended run together a full health, so Masai/Bobby can evaluate how much they can actually impact winning.

That's a separate track that runs in parallel to Scottie's development.
                  i was thinking about this this morning. fred OG and pascal are not good enough to take us to the playoffs. So with that being said they cant be the core of this team. they are simply veterns in nick nurses system.

barnes and banton are the only players i know for sure i want on my team in the future everyone else is on the trading block.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post

i was thinking about this this morning. fred OG and pascal are not good enough to take us to the playoffs. So with that being said they cant be the core of this team. they are simply veterns in nick nurses system.

barnes and banton are the only players i know for sure i want on my team in the future everyone else is on the trading block.
                    I'm not disagreeing with the idea that Fred/OG/Pascal are or aren't a winning core. I'm just saying that Masai & Bobby are going to give them this season to let that play out and then evaluate from there.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

I'm not disagreeing with the idea that Fred/OG/Pascal are or aren't a winning core. I'm just saying that Masai & Bobby are going to give them this season to let that play out and then evaluate from there.
                      I agree. They had their chance to show with Lowry for 2 seasons but one got shut down and the other was Tampa. This is technically their first legitimate season, unfortunately no more Lowry.

If things don't work out, I could see the front office exploring trades for Pascal. I doubt OG goes anywhere, and Fred is more than good enough to be the long term PG for this team. Of course he will have to take on a lesser role as Scottie, GTJ and OG continue to get better. It will be beneficial for his game and the team.

This is another exciting part of basketball. Even though the team is losing, its fun to think about and eventually see what the front office will do and how they will get back to being a contender.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post

i was thinking about this this morning. fred OG and pascal are not good enough to take us to the playoffs.
                        I disagree, and I think you’ll see that proven once all three are healthy and rolling.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

I disagree, and I think you’ll see that proven once all three are healthy and rolling.
                          i dont man but we will see cross your fingers

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Does this team need a trade to stay competitive? As of now, yes, probably.

Does this team need to stay competitive? Right now, no, they don't

Ergo

Does this team need a trade? According to my compass, We're headed North, or, "No"
                            yup

Comment

I think finding a 3rd big with dragic / bouchers salary holders some how would be beneficial.

Comment

Working...
                              X