Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this team need a trade to stay competitive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Sure, but OG and GTJ aren’t on rookie contracts anymore and will be unrestricted, so that could be less attractive to some rebuilding teams. Trent, in particular, has a player friendly contract with a short window of control for the team.
    We don't have to trade only with rebuilding teams.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

We are too small defensively.....this isn't the way to win. Yes trent may see himself as a starter but does it really matter if he gets 20 a game and plays 25-30 mins?

I can't imagine winning playing siakam at center, or Barnes. And you can't sit og, siakam, or Barnes.
      center.and you need a center and a fvv out there so.......

Maybe we should trade gtj for sabonis....
      Siakam is the same height and weight as birch and achiuwa though. Difference is that unlike birch, Siakam at C is quick enough to switch onto guards (important in Nurse's system) and doesn't drop so much defending the pnr. This team's 5 best players are fred, trent, og, barnes and siakam.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

siakam trade scenario

raps recieve thier second round pick back.
        indiana recieve GSW 2023 first top 4 protected
        The Warriors won't go for that.
        Pascal is only slightly better than Wiggins. And Poole is a very good young piece.

How about we instead try Pascal and maybe Flynn(?)
        to the Knicks for RJ and Nerlens.
        Last edited by Kagemusha; Sun Dec 12, 2021, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

The Warriors won't go for that.
          Pascal is only slightly better than Wiggins. And Poole is a very good young piece.

How about we instead try Pascal and maybe Flynn(?)
          to the Knicks for RJ and Nerlens.
          .............Pascal is much better than Wiggins no offense to Wiggins. Pascal and Flynn wouldnt work salary wise and you only want RJ because he is canadian.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Siakam is the same height and weight as birch and achiuwa though. Difference is that unlike birch, Siakam at C is quick enough to switch onto guards (important in Nurse's system) and doesn't drop so much defending the pnr. This team's 5 best players are fred, trent, og, barnes and siakam.
            Birch has been fine on the perimeter this year.
            The problem with siakam at center is that's not his natural position and I have yet to see him excel defensively at center. Maybe that could change.
            He somehow just seems like he gets pushed around way more than birch.

Maybe we could try Barnes at center.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Yeah Malachi and Precious are scrubs.
              How are people giving upon Precious s soon?? The guy has all the tools to be a good to great player. I still see promise in his game... h plays great D, the offence will slow down for him eventually. He has handles, can rebound, and appears to have god mechanics on his shot.

In time that 3 will start To go down, he won’t be rushed around the rim. Precious will be good.

Flynn hasn’t had consistent minutes, even if heist third string pg, I’m okay with that.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

How are people giving upon Precious s soon?? The guy has all the tools to be a good to great player. I still see promise in his game... h plays great D, the offence will slow down for him eventually. He has handles, can rebound, and appears to have god mechanics on his shot.

In time that 3 will start To go down, he won’t be rushed around the rim. Precious will be good.

Flynn hasn’t had consistent minutes, even if heist third string pg, I’m okay with that.
                the offence has been alright he just can't finish lol he has biyombo hands.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

We don't have to trade only with rebuilding teams.
                  Or we could consider building around Barnes/OG/GTJ and trade everyone else. OG & GTJ's age fit Barnes timeline, but that assumes you can re-sign them on their 3rd (unrestricted) contract, which wouldn't be easy because they are both Rich Paul guys.

Comment

Or we could consider building around Barnes/OG/GTJ and trade everyone else. OG & GTJ's age fit Barnes timeline, but that assumes you can re-sign them on their 3rd (unrestricted) contract, which wouldn't be easy because they are both Rich Paul guys.
                    None of them are untouchable imo maybe only Barnes is reaching that territory.

Comment

That may very well be the plan, but it doesn't mean the other guys need to be traded right away. The young core isn't ready yet anyway.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

That may very well be the plan, but it doesn't mean the other guys need to be traded right away. The young core isn't ready yet anyway.
                        You also trade for the main reason of getting the right return back, not because you want to build around other players. Thats how bad trades happen.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

You also trade for the main reason of getting the right return back, not because you want to build around other players. Thats how bad trades happen.
                          Is that not a given that you should make good trades? Hey, let's make bad trades... just because. lol.

We can wait for the right moments because we are not under any time pressure to do anything right now. Masai already set the expectation: "We are not a team of now." This season, he's evaluating the FVV/Siakam/OG core this season, i.e., if they can be winners, like Lowry/DD/JV was.

Comment

Is that not a given that you should make good trades? Hey, let's make bad trades... just because. lol.

We can wait for the right moments because we are not under any time pressure to do anything right now. Masai already set the expectation: "We are not a team of now." This season, he's evaluating the FVV/Siakam/OG core this season, i.e., if they can be winners, like Lowry/DD/JV was.
                            Well I'm more talking about people who constantly complain and ask for trades. Like they will come at some point, rushing it just asks for bad trades.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Well I'm more talking about people who constantly complain and ask for trades. Like they will come at some point, rushing it just asks for bad trades.
                              well it's just discussion i think. Some people do want to save this season for some reason with trades which i don't get

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

.............Pascal is much better than Wiggins no offense to Wiggins. Pascal and Flynn wouldnt work salary wise and you only want RJ because he is canadian.
                                What I want is Nerlens.

Comment

Working...
                                X