Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBSSports.com Matt Moore - Raptors Aren't Contenders for Eastern Conference Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's a little salty LOL
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

If at the end of the season Toronto is considered the top tier in the Eastern Conference (I'm assuming, like pretty much everyone else that Cavs and Bulls are also their) I'll be ECSTATIC

If at the end of the season Toronto is in the second tier of the Eastern Conference all by themselves (considered a level a above Wash/Miami/Atl/ etc.) I'll be HAPPY

IF Toronto is considered the top of a second tier that includes teams like Wash/Miami/Atl... I'll be DISAPPOINTED.

That's a change of expectations. Before the season started I believed being the top of the 2nd was the best outcome that was realistic. The start to the season (complete with the obvious things that need to be (but can) be improved upon) has raised those expectations and I'm hoping (starting to expect?) that their should/will be a clear line between Toronto and the Eastern Conference teams below them.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

he's a little salty LOL
        The words he speaks are true, we're all humanary stew.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          The Raps really are an odd team this season. On one hand, it's frustrating that they lost any games, since the Miami game was winnable and the Chicago game was a poo-poo platter. On the other hand, some of the wins were about as ugly a performance as this franchise has had over the past 20 years.

Are we an underachieving good team?

Are we an overachieving treadmill team?

Are we a young team that is stumbling while trying to live up to its potential?

Are we a talented team that is poorly coached and wins/loses based on how hot our shooting is?

Are we a young team that is trying to find its identity?

To be honest, I have no idea. Any of the above? All of the above? It's so bizarre how a team with an 8-2 record can be so hard to evaluate, but I'm happy that they've been winning so consistently.
          I'm going to go with the Raptors are a very good team who has been somewhat fortunate to have the record and numbers of a great team.
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

I say we are young team that struggling to fins it's identity due to us not having a real Number 3 option. WE have guys that can put up points, but it seems like when one guy if off, everyone is with him. We seem to make bad decisions when trailing, putting up way too many 3-balls instead of going for easy buckets sometimes. Let JV attack inside, Casey. Let 2Pat stretch the floor more instead of giving Ross all the 3 shots. That's my other problem: Ross needs to drive more. Show off those mad skills man. Go loose. STOP CHUCKING UP BAD BASKETS.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Well....Matt Moore seems to have a change of heart. Yikes.

Comment

Matt Moore acts as if everyone is destroying all the teams we've beaten, but that's not exactly the case. Matt!
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

I also just DO NOT buy the whole, Team A had injuries you should have trounced them, Team A was sick, not 100%, on a back to back etc. etc. etc. so you should have blown them out.

Every game is different and brings unexpected challenges. Most teams only go 7 or 8 deep in the playoffs anyways, so unless you're missing your stars, I just don't buy it. Maybe the spread changes somewhat, but to say we should have crushed them? Just over the top...

Comment

Also...whatever happened to professionalism. Isn't he a legit journalist?

I get that it's twitter and a new age and all that jazz, but still, not the best look to be chirping back and forth with followers.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                      Also...whatever happened to professionalism. Isn't he a legit journalist?

I get that it's twitter and a new age and all that jazz, but still, not the best look to be chirping back and forth with followers.
                      very disappointed in a way he acted. One fan told him that we have high ORTG or some stat and his reply was "Do you get a value meal pack for that or?" like WTF. Childish and petty. He came off as a huge idiot.

Comment

Also, doesn't Hollinger's system have us at #3?

Obviously that's not realistic, but Matt Moore's being a dick.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

he got all mad with raptors fans. Like what are they suppose to say? Sorry we didn't beat your team by 20?

Comment

I actually think Moore likes the Raptors.. he's just pointing out some things that fans not following the Raptors wouldn't know.. like how easy our schedule has been, etc. I'm sure fans are going.. wholly crap the Raps are 9-2 and are one of the top teams in the league!... heck I was saying that about Portland last year too.

But then when you look at the numbers, it can make some sense.. especially to a guy who loves numbers (like Moore).

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              very disappointed in a way he acted. One fan told him that we have high ORTG or some stat and his reply was "Do you get a value meal pack for that or?" like WTF. Childish and petty. He came off as a huge idiot.
                              It was point differential. Someone first said all that matters were the wins and Matt said something like point differential is a much more important stat. So someone else noted that Raps lead the east in point differential and Matt said something along the lines of do you get a drink with that value meal. Probably something to do with the East being weak. But this man has some problems some guy asked of wiz, heat and raps who he had the most confidence in and he said Wiz? with a question mark lol. That was salty.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I actually think Moore likes the Raptors.. he's just pointing out some things that fans not following the Raptors wouldn't know.. like how easy our schedule has been, etc. I'm sure fans are going.. wholly crap the Raps are 9-2 and are one of the top teams in the league!... heck I was saying that about Portland last year too.

But then when you look at the numbers, it can make some sense.. especially to a guy who loves numbers (like Moore).
                                I'm seeing a lot of inconsistency from Rap fans.

On one hand the response to a number of glaring issues so far is, "Hey, it's early!"

But on the other hand the response to any question of the validity of circumstance or strength of schedule is, "hey, they are 9-2!"

For a lot of fans the only thing they want to hear is Raps are awesome. Given the previous 20 years that is understandable I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X