Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Twenty Six Knicks at Raptors Friday Dec 10th 7:30pm on MSG? (that's what The Score app says)..and on TSN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The offense sucks but the injuries make it really hard to judge anything right now.

Comment

• @ the claw ya i agree. Its been atrocious basketball for a year and a half but some keep thinking of excuses 😂

Theres a fundamental problem with this team....or another way to say it - this team is shit. Trade players and picks to fortify the starting 5 or trade players for future talent and picks. Im just so tired of this. I dont want scotties first year on a team stuck in mud. He deserves playoffs and winning culture - or..and im sure he wouldnt mind this - running and leading with a group of young guns with a bright future. Anything but this. Even the wins like last night just feel dirty

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        @ the claw ya i agree. Its been atrocious basketball for a year and a half but some keep thinking of excuses 😂

Theres a fundamental problem with this team....or another way to say it - this team is shit. Trade players and picks to fortify the starting 5 or trade players for future talent and picks. Im just so tired of this. I dont want scotties first year on a team stuck in mud. He deserves playoffs and winning culture - or..and im sure he wouldnt mind this - running and leading with a group of young guns with a bright future. Anything but this. Even the wins like last night just feel dirty
        As opposed to every other rookie who makes the Playoffs in their first year?

Trading players for picks and future talent will result in a full on tear down and rebuild, so yeah even less chance of Scottie making the Playoffs in his first year...

Comment

• Trent carried the team on this one. Too clutch, too young to be slept on. Put up over a quarter of the team's points on high end-efficiency, a lot of times creating his own shot when nothing else was happening. Then relentless on the other end too.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
            Trent carried the team on this one. Too clutch, too young to be slept on. Put up over a quarter of the team's points on high end-efficiency, a lot of times creating his own shot when nothing else was happening. Then relentless on the other end too.
            Trent is good. He is a better version of how he played in Portland now. Last season was him adjusting to a new team with the mess of Tampa so he didn't play well.

We go back to who goes to the bench when the team is healthy? I prefer keeping GTJ in the starting lineup, so that would mean Pascal or OG because the team can't survive without a big. Neither OG or Pascal would be happy to be on the bench on a team we currently have, maybe a contender, but not now.

Comment

@ the claw ya i agree. Its been atrocious basketball for a year and a half but some keep thinking of excuses 😂

We just hope that he dont lose his confidence after every loss and how he reacts after a defeat.

Last night, he has proven that he can positively recover after such a deflating loss vs. OKC.

His performance last night was a representation of a player who requires accelerated growth.

as far as GTJ is concerned…only a dumbass would demote him from a starter to a bench player. You just dont do that to a 22 years old who is thriving as part of the first five
              Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sat Dec 11, 2021, 03:06 PM.

Comment

You've been spoiled. Raptors are rebuilding. I guess being in a lottery last year wasn't a wake up call for some guys.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

You've been spoiled. Raptors are rebuilding. I guess being in a lottery last year wasn't a wake up call for some guys.
                  People think a change will automatically make it better. Playoffs would be fun sure, but a tear down and a bunch of young guys running around with Barnes leading the way will have its fun moments but also bad ones, just like the position we're in now.

Its like last season and people asking why Matt Thomas was not getting minutes for his shooting, but he got traded to the Jazz and waived. A change doesn't automatically make it better.

Comment

• Its pretty clear to me that the future of this team are OG/GTJ and Scottie, same timelime. Wing players with length, all three can defend at a higher level and each have different offensive strengths. Scottie is the cream of the crop of the three and the other two can be great complementary players.

Now any variations on how this organization move forward, I trust Bobby and Masai.

Comment

since when? Disagree - there isn’t enough. Pascal and fred are high in fga’s but have bad games way too often. We have 2-11...2-15 three point streaks like every game.
                      Siakam, Freddy, OG, Trent, and Barnes can each give you 20 pts on a given night. A couple of them can give you 30. The talent is there, it's just that scoring by committee isn't easy. It requires a crazy amount of trust and synergy where guys are moving around off ball and you're in tune with each other. That type of offense doesn't rely on one guy dominating the ball and drawing double teams which is unorthodox. Not that we have a player that can consistently demand that kind of attention anyway.

Comment

• Half a game back of the 10th seed. 2.5 games out of a playoff spot. Let's go!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Way too impatient, and generally just an excessively negative take. If you think this is atrocious basketball then you clearly haven’t been a Raptors fan very long, because we have had at least four eras that were much much worse than this.

This is a young, scrappy, athletic team that makes some really great plays and is generally just really fun to watch. I would have killed to watch this kind of basketball during the Smitch/Casey eras.

Also high draft picks generally don’t immediately make the playoffs in a winning culture their first year. Go back and look at LeBron, KD, CP3, AD, Embiid, etc etc. Scottie doesn’t “deserve” the playoffs; he has the worst on/off net rating of any of our starters, so it’s not like he is carrying a bunch of scrubs. He will EARN the playoffs when it’s time, and I expect that to happen fairly quickly.

Being upset with this team is an expectations problem, not a roster problem.

Comment

• Obi Toppin, from the Knicks, has entered the leagues' COVID protocols. Unsure whether he tested positive, or just a close contact

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                              Obi Toppin, from the Knicks, has entered the leagues' COVID protocols. Unsure whether he tested positive, or just a close contact
                              RJ as well

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Half a game back of the 10th seed. 2.5 games out of a playoff spot. Let's go!

Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention. Why all the doom saying when we're 0.5 games back from play in and 2.5 games back from the 6 seed.

Once we get healthy we're gonna be a playoff team.

Comment

Working...
                                X