• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Twenty Seven Kings at Raptors Monday December 13th 7pm on TSN4/5

Not sure if you saw it, but..
    it's happening.

This has become Scottie Barnes' team.
    The SBA is now the Scottie Barnes Arena

Sure, you could look at a simple stat from the last game that makes it stand out

STARTERS MIN
    P. SiakamPF 39
    C. BoucherPF 28
    S. BarnesSF 41
    F. VanVleetSG 38
    G. Trent Jr.SG 39

Sure, Fred played the whole first quarter. And third quarter.
    And sure, Pascal took the last shot.
    But it's happening.

It's one thing to just let a guy play all quarter.
    But this seemed to be an odd quirk during the 3rd quarter
    4:23 Yuta Watanabe enters the game for Scottie Barnes
    3:13 Scottie Barnes enters the game for Chris Boucher

He got all of a 70 second rest for the quarter before Coach realized he needed him back in.

He didn't sit for the rest of the game

Three of the starters got the last three minutes of the third and some of the 4th off
    Freddy got the first 5 minutes of the 4th off.
    But in a close second half,
    Scottie played all but 70 seconds.

And this isn't about showcasing a rookie. That's not Coach's style.
    His style is to play the guys he trusts as long as he can.
    It's happening.

And guess what else is happening?

We're playing the Kings.
    At least we hope too.

It seems like Health and Safety Protocols have us surrounded

The Boss.
    The Knicks
    Precious.

But as of now, there is still a game.

And the parade of returning Canadian Greats continues!

The Kangz played us tough the last time we saw them but we pulled it out.
    They had a bit of a stinker against the Cavs on Saturday.

Alex Len played 24 minutes for them and was -23
    What else can I say?

That said, with Precious in precautions, Khem on the shelf and OG......well, wherever he is,
    we're going to have to do some team rebounding.

In either case,
    Welcome to the Scottie Barnes Era!!

Wait..........what's that?

C'MON Coach! Haven't you read this thread? Get with the program!

Or....I guess.......Scottie is the "obvious guy"? All good Coach.

Go Raps

Game day! Let’s get that win streak started.

Comment

Pascal not taking every end of game shot is a step in the right direction.

Now let's get beat this team so bad they bring Walton back on a one day contract just to fire him again!

Comment

Game day!
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Feels like a game I should be confident going into.. but then they lost to the Thunder, and almost lost to the Knicks. So I'm not sure. We'll be center-less again for this one too.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Feels like a game I should be confident going into.. but then they lost to the Thunder, and almost lost to the Knicks. So I'm not sure. We'll be center-less again for this one too.
            At least until they get healthy, every game is going to be tough. Missing three rotation pieces takes its toll.

Comment

Thursday's Raps game against the Bulls is postponed -- Bulls with 9 guys in protocol I think...

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                Thursday's Raps game against the Bulls is postponed -- Bulls with 9 guys in protocol I think...
                On a personal level ... hearing too many events like these occurring within sports teams ... assuming the publicized high percentages of vaccinated players and the strict protocols being followed are accurate ... are the vaccines losing their juice/efficacy? Sigh.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

On a personal level ... hearing too many events like these occurring within sports teams ... assuming the publicized high percentages of vaccinated players and the strict protocols being followed are accurate ... are the vaccines losing their juice/efficacy? Sigh.
                  We were told/bribed by every authority that matters the vaccine was our ticket back to "normal". They either lied, or were grossly incompetent. Of that there is no conspiracy.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Not trying to be a d*ck, but before another thread gets derailed, there's a nice place on RR to continue the discussion...

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...ng-coronavirus

Comment

I don't the vaccine meant you'd never get COVID again, but if you did, the impact of it would reduce significantly. Thats how I looked at it anyway.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

I don't the vaccine meant you'd never get COVID again, but if you did, the impact of it would reduce significantly. Thats how I looked at it anyway.
                        Which is fine, if they would have said "get the vaccine, you're chance of serious illness will significantly reduce...but the world will still be full of masks, restrictions, protocol, border locking and quarantining for an indefinite period, vaccines will not change that"

But of course that wasn't the message whatsoever. It was "get the vaccine, and help us get back to normal"

Comment

Listening to Nurse's comments re injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if OG is out for the year.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                            Listening to Nurse's comments re injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if OG is out for the year.
                            Is there new comments I'm unaware of, or the comments from last week?

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                              If he's still out by the trade deadline, I'd rather stash him and fade for the rest of the year to get a new high pick. I don't think we finish above .500 without OG.

If we get a starter caliber pick again, plus a rotation piece out of the Dragic cap space, all of a sudden we have a competitive bench again

Comment

Working...
                              X