Game Twenty Eight Raptors at Nets Tuesday December 14th 7:30 pm on SN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Who you giving the ball to? You guys want to put everything on Scotties shoulders. Let them lose these games. Who gives a fuck. Once Scottie gets used to NBA you can start putting more responsibilities on him. Dropping everything on him year one is not good for his development.
    Didn't he take the last shot in OT?
    Does that not tell us anything?

Comment

• goddamn i missed this game, as well as steph breaking the record in MSG, because my pvr fucked up and did not record (why TF was "the pvr busy", telus?). apparently i missed a good one.

sounds like fred had the worst game he's ever played, which doesn't really jive with the box score (31 points on 23 shots and 9 ast's as keon pointed out, also a + 8 in a 2 pt loss).. i wonder if any posters personal biases are factoring into the commentary here?

the boxscore doesn't tell the whole story obviously, but does tell part of it, and that would suggest that he wasn't really the problem except perhaps in the final moments.

also bummed i missed a huge scottie half.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        That stretch in the second quarter where we stuck Scottie in the dunker's spot and the bench scrubs went 0 for 87 and got lit up by rooks while KD sat was where we lost the game.
        the plus/minuses of scottie and the bench would seem to corroborate this, again having missed the game

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Didn't he take the last shot in OT?
          Does that not tell us anything?
          Nope
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Who you giving the ball to? You guys want to put everything on Scotties shoulders. Let them lose these games. Who gives a fuck. Once Scottie gets used to NBA you can start putting more responsibilities on him. Dropping everything on him year one is not good for his development.
            I'm not advocating for us to put all the responsibility on Scottie. I'm advocating for us to move the ball and find good shots. That starts with the point guard. I'm also advocating for a meritocracy not a pecking order ...based on whatever Fred thinks it is, seniority, waiting his turn?

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
              sounds like fred had the worst game he's ever played, which doesn't really jive with the box score (31 points on 23 shots and 9 ast's as keon pointed out, also a + 8 in a 2 pt loss).. i wonder if any posters personal biases are factoring into the commentary here?

the boxscore doesn't tell the whole story obviously, but does tell part of it, and that would suggest that he wasn't really the problem except perhaps in the final moments.
              Raps losses bring out the dodos around here.

From the other stats you quoted he also shot 43% from 3 and 100% from the line. 2 steals. 4 reb.

Fred played very well for a lot of the game especially his usual fourth quarter heroics to bring it back. It really sucks that he took those two very bad shots at the end of regulation cause it gives most of the monkeys around free reign to grab the bars, jump up and down, scream and fling their dung around. This place becomes utterly exhausting.

(I had to switch to radio for ot... so I could only hear that portion, couldn't see. But the ignorant bias was in full effect well before then.)

Also... If you got Sportsnet you could watch or PVR Raps in 30? It's still going throughout the night if you cared to seek it out at this point.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

From the other stats you quoted he also shot 43% from 3 and 100% from the line. 2 steals. 4 reb.

Fred played very well for a lot of the game especially his usual fourth quarter heroics to bring it back. It really sucks that he took those two very bad shots at the end of regulation cause it gives most of the monkeys around free reign to grab the bars, jump up and down, scream and fling their dung around. This place becomes utterly exhausting.

(I had to switch to radio for ot... so I could only hear that portion, couldn't see. But the ignorant bias was in full effect well before then.)

Also... If you got Sportsnet you could watch or PVR Raps in 30? It's still going throughout the night if you cared to seek it out at this point.
                "dodos", "monkeys", "ignorant bias"

Well thank you for elevating the discussion

Comment

• listened to 2 podcast and the presser man toronto media is soft there is no way those last mins of the game and OT should pass. people must be getting paid. i am disappointed even more reason fred has to go no one has the balls to say whats the real deal. even the coach seems scared lol.

Comment

the full game replays at 9am on NBA TV which i'll record, if the frickin thing isn't too 'busy' in the morning.

Comment

Your trashing posters who does not align with your opinion about VanVleet is very surprising especially coming from you….considering…..and you exactly know what I meant….

was the criticism of Van Vleet not warranted this game? How high now is the pedestal VanVleet stand on, that he is now immune to any kind of negative comments.

I don’t see the pushback to those people criticizing the bench, those who trash Boucher, those who scapegoat Siakam and those who diminish the contribution of Trent

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

I'm not advocating for us to put all the responsibility on Scottie. I'm advocating for us to move the ball and find good shots. That starts with the point guard. I'm also advocating for a meritocracy not a pecking order ...based on whatever Fred thinks it is, seniority, waiting his turn?
                        It’s more of hero ball because Lowry is gone and key was passed on.

Same situation when Bosh abandoned the Raptors that Derozan took the onus that he got the team on his shoulders.

Comment

• What a crazy game.

I hate when everyone decides the game is really won or lost based on the 4th quarter and ot on one or 2 plays. They play 4 quarters, and every single play defensively and offensively matters.

This game was lost in the first half when the raps for some reason showed up looking slow and lazy. Where was the will to win in the first half before we were buried?

I think I jinxed scottie, since as good as he has been lately, he kept forgetting to box out and or turn his head defensively. Boucher decided why bother defending the rim in the first half, but let's go after everything in the second? And gtj going for steal after steal leaving others to cover?

Too bad about the loss, it was still very close.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            That stretch in the second quarter where we stuck Scottie in the dunker's spot and the bench scrubs went 0 for 87 and got lit up by rooks while KD sat was where we lost the game.

Ha, went back and read this after my post......I can't agree more.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

It’s more of hero ball because Lowry is gone and key was passed on.

Same situation when Bosh abandoned the Raptors that Derozan took the onus that he got the team on his shoulders.
                              That's pretty much it. Standard end of game play with the game on the line is to go one on one with a defender in an isolation. You don't move the ball to try and get a good shot because the defense is set and more things can go wrong when more people are involved, and we don't have a Dirk and Jason Terry sharp shooting duo to run a pick n' roll play at the end.

If it was another iso for Siakam like all of last year and he dribbled the ball of his feet again then we'd be crapping on him instead of FVV. Hopefully this is a learning experience for Fred as well. First year he's taking this role on, and to his credit he's been pretty clutch at the end of games, but he played 47 minutes. Gotta know your own limitations.

Comment

• Ran out of gas late. The early defensive gaffes cost us, as well as some static late offence (why Nick doesn't run actions late and lets the team settle for isolations is beyond me). The bench was an issue (no surprise there) - weird that they went back to the successful Barnes plus bench look but then never gave him the ball. He needs to be at like 100% usage in that lineup, or give him Gary to play some two man game with. Appropriate that they lost the game on an offensive board - Boucher lineups were awful in that regard all night, and I thought it was really weird they decided to close with him over Yuta.

I enjoyed the fight from the starting group for the most part, nice comeback in the the third to take the lead. Had a little refsmanship happen to them late in the 4th that contributed to losing the lead when they were scrapping and clawing to hold on with their last gasp. Not being able to trot the bench out again really hurt them late, the main guys were super gassed.

Scottie Barnes is fantastic. Really can't believe how good he is already.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X