DC coaching EC ASG team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC coaching EC ASG team?

Considering Cavs' slow start and DRose ankle situation, can you see Raps playing well enough to send DC to the ASG? What an achievement it would be!

I think it's certainly possible. Chicago is relying on Rose's health and will certainly drop a few games when he sits. The Cavs only have 2 players ready for big time and 2 young players who think they are ready but aren't. Until Waiters and Irving learn to play their roles, that team will struggle. Other quick assembled teams that were able to gel quickly all had veteran guys who understand what was best for the team. I don't think Dion and Kyrie do.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
      Considering Cavs' slow start and DRose ankle situation, can you see Raps playing well enough to send DC to the ASG? What an achievement it would be!
      Wouldn't they wait until next year when the ASG is in Toronto to do that? I'm assuming the Raps will be doing just as well next season

Comment

It is certainly possible, and would spread the wealth from the traditionally strong coaches in the conference. Hard to overlook Thibs with Chicago doing so well though. If DC gets the nod it would be considered quite a coup.
        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Stop me if I'm wrong, but there is no nod to be given or strategic decision to keep DC's profile for 2016 : the best team's coach coaches...

Comment

Stop me if I'm wrong, but there is no nod to be given or strategic decision to keep DC's profile for 2016 : the best team's coach coaches...
            This is from wikipedia:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_All-Star_Game

The head coach of the team with the best record in each conference is chosen as the coach of their respective conference in the All-Star Game. However, regardless of record, a head coach cannot serve as an All-Star head coach in two consecutive seasons.[1] Known as the "Riley Rule", it is due to the fact that former head coach Pat Riley's Los Angeles Lakers teams of the 1980s won so often that Riley ended up earning the right to coach the Western Conference team eight times in nine seasons (1982 to 1990). In the event a coach's team repeats as the best record holder, the head coach from the team with the second-best record will serve as All-Star coach for that conference.
            Vogel coached last year, so he can't coach again. I don't think he'd be in the running regardless though.

I believe they decide on the coach a couple of weeks before the actual game.. hopefully the Raptors will still be leading the conference by then.

Comment

Yup, if the Raptors are still in first place in early February, Casey will be an ASG coach. In regards to your original question though, no I don't see the Raptors playing well enough for that to happen. I really do expect them the trend toward 3rd in the conference as the season goes on and the schedule toughens.

But if they can get through that December grind, January has a favorable schedule too and the opportunity for a run... after that Christmas road-trip, @Memphis and @Washington are the only other games in January that would worry me. It's probably something the players haven't thought about yet, but I think they'd be really excited about the chance to send Casey to the all-star game.

Comment

Well that was the point of my question: do you think the Raps can still be leading the EC come that decision day?

Comment

Well that was the point of my question: do you think the Raps can still be leading the EC come that decision day?
                  Sorry didn't answer your question. My heart says yes, my brain says no. I think the scheduler gets tougher, and they lose more games. Despite Rose's health, the Bulls know how to win. I suspect they will be leading the conference by then.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Sorry didn't answer your question. My heart says yes, my brain says no. I think the scheduler gets tougher, and they lose more games. Despite Rose's health, the Bulls know how to win. I suspect they will be leading the conference by then.
                    Yeah a lot more road games, including the Texas road trip, where the Raps have never done well. That's likely to knock us down a peg, hopefully it doesn't though

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                      It is certainly possible, and would spread the wealth from the traditionally strong coaches in the conference. Hard to overlook Thibs with Chicago doing so well though. If DC gets the nod it would be considered quite a coup.
                      It will be interesting to see if DC gets more credit from his peers than he gets from the media.

Comment

Well, if DC does get the nod he can put his hockey line-ups rotations to full use!

Comment

How cool would it be to see dwane, kyle and demar on the ec team
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Casey is building one neck of a resume
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Casey is building one neck of a resume
                              Why wouldn't he just put his resume on paper? seems disturbing and i hope he can be brought to justice for this poor person neck hes victimized.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X