The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    I think that since we're gonna have a d-league team this year it's safe to take a high upside prospect to develop (like Wood) but how does that work with our roster?

For example if we have Daniels, Bruno, Bebe and #20 all playing for our d-league team, how many roster spots do we have open?
    a brune, bebe, #20 and Daniels (if signed) all count towards our roster...so we would have 11 roster spots...vice versa the D-league allows a max of 4 nba contract players per team so those 4 would be the focus of development.

Comment

• There are a few good looking prospects out there but I'm sold on Jordan mickey (even at 20). Just saw a quote from an eastern conf. GM that he's an NBA shoot blocker and rebounder followed by a comparison to a more athletic taj Gibson. That's enough to get me to bite on it. Granted I haven't looked much into wood/looney I'd be very happy with Mickey. ESPECIALLY if we can get the Lakers 27/34 to pick up the 2nd rounder. Delon wright doesn't seem bad but there's a ton of back ups on the FA market this summer so I'd rather get amir's replacement. I'm a definite no on Harrell cause he seems to have plateaued already and while his tools are undeniable I don't feel like they're that great. RHF is intriguing IF he can show half a glimpse of anything resembling a jump shot (I remember watching him in final 4 that year with derrik Williams and he was a beast, would've taken him after that) but now I'm not sure he can develop that...
      Regardless, Jordan Mickey would be awesome and be perfect along side JV. JV takes the bigger hulking post player and Mickey comes from the help side for blocks and boards plus hes quick enough to play out against the Aldridges or millsaps (not to say he shuts them down but can play out there).

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        I think that since we're gonna have a d-league team this year it's safe to take a high upside prospect to develop (like Wood) but how does that work with our roster?

For example if we have Daniels, Bruno, Bebe and #20 all playing for our d-league team, how many roster spots do we have open?

Honestly, having a D League team makes picking at the later spots so much better. Really hoping Wood is on the board when we go to pick and that we pick him. Really high on the guy.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I'm under the impression we could sign Daniels to our DLeague team without him taking an NBA roster spot. We'd just have to sign him to a deal if we decided to bring him up.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            If we leave this draft without one of RHS/Harrell I will be seriously disappointed.
            I really don't want harrell so if we draft him I will be seriously disappointed.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              I'm under the impression we could sign Daniels to our DLeague team without him taking an NBA roster spot. We'd just have to sign him to a deal if we decided to bring him up.
              we just own his rights so he would have to chose to sign with the D-league in that case...doesn't make sense for him to go from earning min. $150K+ in Australia or Euro to $25K in D-league without an NBA contract but at the same time that is what Thannis Antetokounpmo did for the Knicks so maybe he does that to increase his NBA chances...

Comment

• Wednesday's draft workout in Toronto is starting to take shape. Hollis-Jefferson was first name to be announced/leaked a few days ago, and now this:

@WolstatSun: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson slated to do draft workout with Raptors this week + Rashad Vaughn. Canadians Mo Walker and Stef Nastic expected too
                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• I'm a fan of Vaughn. The kid can score.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm a fan of Vaughn. The kid can score.
                    I'm excited for a Vaughn vs Hollis-Jefferson workout. A smooth offensive player like Vaughn against an aggressive defender like RHJ. Good pairing to bring in together.
                    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

If we leave this draft without one of RHS/Harrell I will be seriously disappointed.
                      RHJ can't shoot and I don't think Harrell will do well in the NBA.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I'm a fan of Vaughn. The kid can score.
                        Yeah im not really sure why he is slated so low in mock drafts. Only one year of college ball and he can score in so many ways. Not a great athlete but a great shot creator. Not sure about his defense but seems like a good pick around 20.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                          Vasquez was known for his passing before Toronto too.
                          soo true

Comment

• dddddddddddddddddddddddddd
                            Last edited by draps; Mon Jun 1, 2015, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Yeah im not really sure why he is slated so low in mock drafts. Only one year of college ball and he can score in so many ways. Not a great athlete but a great shot creator. Not sure about his defense but seems like a good pick around 20.
                              I like him too. At 18 he'd already be an upgrade over Ross.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Rumour of the Knicks liking Trey Lyles could definitely add a wrinkle to the trade landscape. Could just be a smoke screen to try and get bids to move up from other teams and net more assets for the Knicks but there are definitely teams I could see putting together an offer for 4th (that would allow the Knicks to move down and draft Lyles).
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X