No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based solely off of opinion, I could see Grant being a guy like Napier/Walker/Burke. Not in terms of skill or size, but because they all became great college players after a few years.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      Based solely off of opinion, I could see Grant being a guy like Napier/Walker/Burke. Not in terms of skill or size, but because they all became great college players after a few years.
      He's been rising if you mean the Norte Dame Combo guard. Upto 15 last time I checked. Wanted him at 20+

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        "My god how are the raptors ever gonna accept me if matt hates me. Must go maple jordan mode!!!!"
        I think that sums it all up right there.

Comment

• I'm all for best player available with the draft slot the Raps are probably going to pick in, but I figure if we could get a PF or SF without reaching too much, that would be great. The pipe dream is that Cliff Alexander declares but gets graded into the 20-25 range, but realistically, a couple PF prospects I like are Bobby Portis at Arkansas, Jordan Mickey at LSU, and Rakeem Christmas at 'Cuse. As for SF, Sam Dekker at Wisconsin isn't the sexiest pick, but I think he could be a good fundamental wing. Also, RHJ at Arizona could be a guy who can contribute at least on the defensive end from Day 1.

Comment

• Zan Tabak wrote: View Post
            I'm all for best player available with the draft slot the Raps are probably going to pick in, but I figure if we could get a PF or SF without reaching too much, that would be great. The pipe dream is that Cliff Alexander declares but gets graded into the 20-25 range, but realistically, a couple PF prospects I like are Bobby Portis at Arkansas, Jordan Mickey at LSU, and Rakeem Christmas at 'Cuse. As for SF, Sam Dekker at Wisconsin isn't the sexiest pick, but I think he could be a good fundamental wing. Also, RHJ at Arizona could be a guy who can contribute at least on the defensive end from Day 1.
            Don't want to list but there are a number of Powell, McGary types mid-draft.

Comment

• http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.c...ake-big-moves/

Not sure if you guys are familiar with this guy's blog, but hes pretty good. Although analyitics in predicting the outcome for prospects' careers should be taken with a grain of salt, this seems to be fairly accurate in the past; at least for predicting superstars. Interesting to note the large gap between the top four and the other top prospects. Not sure how many of these guys are realistic draft selections, but trades are always possible and I know someone mentioned Portis earlier.

He has a lot of other posts which are pretty cool too if you are interested.

Comment

http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.c...ake-big-moves/

Not sure if you guys are familiar with this guy's blog, but hes pretty good. Although analyitics in predicting the outcome for prospects' careers should be taken with a grain of salt, this seems to be fairly accurate in the past; at least for predicting superstars. Interesting to note the large gap between the top four and the other top prospects. Not sure how many of these guys are realistic draft selections, but trades are always possible and I know someone mentioned Portis earlier.

Cool. Thanks for posting.

Found this link in yours:

http://nyloncalculus.com/2015/01/08/...ecking-top-30/

Comment

http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.c...ake-big-moves/

That is an interesting graph. Surprising the number of players measured in the Andrew Wiggins to Paul George range, for such a mildly touted draft class. Of course, it's early in the year. Some of these guys could easily drop I guess.

Comment

• If MU decides to go with a perimeter defender, Delon Wright of Utah is a name to watch. No range on his shot though.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I would be totally okay with going with a 4 year college player rather than swinging for the fences this year. (Bruno) I hope we can get a guy that can contribute next year. A career role player per say

Also, I could see us trading out of this draft. With dad possibly coming over next year and bruno/bebe looking for a few minutes next year. It might be tough having so many young players on the roster.
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• DraftExpress.com mock draft has a new look. I like it. Lots of information.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2015/

Comment

• Rondae Hollis Jefferson looks like DeAndre Daniels 2.0, we have Bruno and DeAndre Daniels coming in next year, I think we need a SG, backup C. I don't know if Robert Upshaw (Backup C) or Bobby Portis would be available when it comes down to our pick. Then again, we might trade the pick for a veteran PF.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            DraftExpress.com mock draft has a new look. I like it. Lots of information.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2015/
                            It's kinda unfortunate Lyles went to UK. He probably woulda been a lottery pick if he went elsewhere. Ah well, he'll be available at our pick probably.

Comment

• A) Never, ever, draft for a role player. Always swing for the fences. Only way you should draft someone seen as a role player is if internally you think he could be a lot more than that. Role players are cheap in free agency.
                              B) I think, if the Raptors target any particular position in the draft, it ought to be a PG - that's the position we are lacking long term depth at.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                A) Never, ever, draft for a role player. Always swing for the fences. Only way you should draft someone seen as a role player is if internally you think he could be a lot more than that. Role players are cheap in free agency.
                                B) I think, if the Raptors target any particular position in the draft, it ought to be a PG - that's the position we are lacking long term depth at.
                                I agree that they could use a long term pg, but I would rather draft for the most talent or potential. Especially since pg is the most stacked position right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X