No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a lot easier to protect the rim when the wings apply pressure because they get beat farther out and that half second is really the difference right now for JV
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      It's a lot easier to protect the rim when the wings apply pressure because they get beat farther out and that half second is really the difference right now for JV
      Plus the perimeter defender can help steer the ball handler into the help, making it less distance for JV to cover as well.

There is nothing bad about adding defenders to the team. It will make everything else easier.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• NO not really.
        Here's my assessment of Casey:

- There's what he SAYS
        - There's what he THINKS
        - There's what he DOES.

And There is absolutely ZERO CORRELATION between them.
        ==================================

Multiple examples:
        - JJ will play in this series
        - I am a defensive 1st coach
        - I was never worried about my job
        - That young man needs a hug
        - I know how to play small ball

Axel wrote: View Post
        Is he finally learning?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Plus the perimeter defender can help steer the ball handler into the help, making it less distance for JV to cover as well.

There is nothing bad about adding defenders to the team. It will make everything else easier.
          And for the love of God, can we stop conceding the very middle of the lane when a guard penetrates, especially off a screen?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
            Ah crap. We are listening to a guy who selected Ross 8th overall? Suddenly liking the pick less lol.
            Masai did not draft tross, it was BC. So you can like the pick.😀

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              And for the love of God, can we stop conceding the very middle of the lane when a guard penetrates, especially off a screen?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
              Hopefully. We now have at least one guard capable of playing defence.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• distorsun wrote: View Post
                NO not really.
                Here's my assessment of Casey:

- There's what he SAYS
                - There's what he THINKS
                - There's what he DOES.

And There is absolutely ZERO CORRELATION between them.
                ==================================

Multiple examples:
                - JJ will play in this series
                - I am a defensive 1st coach
                - I was never worried about my job
                - That young man needs a hug
                - I know how to play small ball
                In his defence for point 2, we didn't really have any defensive players outside of JJ and obviously something happened between DC and JJ.

KL regressed defensively,

DD was injured for a while and is only passable defensively because he knows the schemes well.

TR maybe the bone spurs in his ankle fcked him up? Either way he was awful this year

AJ used to be a solid defender but obviously his ankles are too fcked

JV was ok, but was often thrown under the bus by constant dribble penetration

PPat is meh defensively

GV is awful

LW is awful

JJ is good but gambles and doesn't play much

No one else really worth talking about. The point is we had no good defensive players and had some guys regress due to injury. There's your drop off defensible.
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

• Good luck Larry.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Vasquez under Kidd will look better than a late to mid first and a second.

Comment

• As someone who doesn't watch college and knows nothing about any of these guys, I really liked draft night for the Raps. I'm a firm believer in trying to build a successful team regardless of your circumstances while constantly adding future assets (prospects, picks, etc.) and then take advantage of opportunities as they arise. This to me is exactly what Ujiri is setting up with his actions the last two seasons.

From a prospect standpoint, Toronto has 4 first rounders the next two years and 5 young guys (Daniels, Bruno, Bebe, Wright and Powell). It's up to the player development team now and the management team to make the best use of those guys but even if a couple of them become rotation players for you it's a good start.

From a "now" standpoint, they have a 49-win team largely intact and a pile of cap space to fill key holes.

I know a lot of people have soured on the team over the last 6 months or so but the Raptors are still in a really good situation and they are led by a guy who continues to make savvy decisions. This may all end up in tears but it's the best situation they've had since the 2006 offseason.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Vasquez under Kidd will look better than a late to mid first and a second.
                        Haha, ok, lets take bets. Vasquez is the 3rd best PG on that team and still will be a pylon on defense.

GV also costs $6.6M and they only have him for a year. We got Wright for a bit over $1M for 4 years.

I can't fathom how anyone doesn't think we fleeced Milwaukee in that trade.
                        Last edited by Primer; Fri Jun 26, 2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• LMAO!

http://ballislife.com/stephen-a-smit...icks-4th-pick/
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• In order to survive in New York, he'll have to read Bargnani's memoirs....

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                              Masai did not draft tross, it was BC. So you can like the pick.��
                              talking about Casey

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Haha, ok, lets take bets. Vasquez is the 3rd best PG on that team and still will be a pylon on defense.

GV also costs $6.6M and they only have him for a year. We got Wright for a bit over $1M for 4 years.

I can't fathom how anyone doesn't think we fleeced Milwaukee in that trade.
                                wright has nothing to do with the trade for vasquez.

nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X