Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should the Raptors do? (Stay the course or make a change)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    hmm. i guess if we've still got a great record at the trade deadline, our first rounder this year isn't worth much
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

    -Superjudge, 7/23

    Hope you're wrong.

    Comment


    • #47
      I do think we need to stand pat... but if Brooklyn is some how is out of the running (season is early, but they are currently in 9th), and KG wants one last shot at a ring, should we make a call to see if he can be made available (he can veto any trade since has a no-trade clause)? I'd give up the 2015 pick for him (which is basically giving it away since KG is probably going to retire after this year).. He'd be exactly what we need on the bench and in the playoffs.

      Fields+Bro for KG works.. throw in the first to make the deal happen.

      Totally a short term move. But man would the playoffs be fun.

      Comment


      • #48
        stooley wrote: View Post
        hmm. i guess if we've still got a great record at the trade deadline, our first rounder this year isn't worth much
        That's part of it, and having Bruno/Noguiera around means that the franchise will still have two young prospects to continue grooming next season without adding another rookie via the draft. And the team still has two first rounders in 2016.

        Comment


        • #49
          Fully wrote: View Post
          That's part of it, and having Bruno/Noguiera around means that the franchise will still have two young prospects to continue grooming next season without adding another rookie via the draft. And the team still has two first rounders in 2016.
          I'm fairly confident that if the Raps do make a move to acquire someone this year, one of those 2016 picks will be part of the outgoing package.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

          If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

          Comment


          • #50
            Raptorsfan361 wrote: View Post
            Stay the course..11-2 says it all
            i know youre from the future. how much did we beat lebron by? did he cry?

            Comment


            • #51
              mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Early January after the December 22-Janaury 4 road trip starting in Chicago and then west coast for 5 games would be a good time
              That timeline also means that we will have a better concept of what the trade market looks like. Which teams are buyers and sellers? What players might/are available? What the going rate for expiring contracts are with the potential increase in the cap? Where we are situated in the league at that point? etc.

              A few more months and the picture will start to come into focus more.
              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

              Comment


              • #52
                Axel wrote: View Post
                I'm fairly confident that if the Raps do make a move to acquire someone this year, one of those 2016 picks will be part of the outgoing package.
                I think the 2015 pick is much more likely.

                But if they do include 2016 it better be the worse of.

                That Knicks/nuggets pick is looking to be good right now.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Poll results are 22-7 (76%-24%) in favor of staying the course at a record of 10-2. OP should do a new thread after a month or two to compare the results.
                  This reminds me of the 'tweak' VS 'tank' poll last season. I didn't vote, because the options both seem too extreme.

                  Most of the posts seem to be in favor of strategic or 'no brainer' type trades, or depth trades, but which option does that best fit under??

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    This reminds me of the 'tweak' VS 'tank' poll last season. I didn't vote, because the options both seem too extreme.

                    Most of the posts seem to be in favor of strategic or 'no brainer' type trades, or depth trades, but which option does that best fit under??
                    You'll have to get on Doc to make the polls more like an algorithm.

                    But seriously, I figured the "opportunistic" or "unbelievable offer" options were a given. If Atlanta is giving you Horford and Carroll for Ross, 2015 1st, and expirings, yeah, I'm on that despite selecting "stay the course" in the poll.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Never really had a reply to the suggestion of Tobias Harris.

                      I see a lot of benefits.

                      He can play SF/PF.

                      He will be the same age as graduating college senior this summer and not 23 until July..... fits with the core age quite nicely.

                      He will be a RFA but is there room for him in Orlando? They just signed Vucevic to a $13+M per year extension. They have Gordon and Frye. Harkless, who is getting no burn, is on his rookie contract for another year. They've already got a mini log jam going at G with Payton, Oladipo, and Fournier.

                      Magic reportedly had interest in Ross last year (maybe changed now with addition of Fournier) and Patterson this summer (maybe changed with Frye signing). Is there a S&T possibility? Raps also have expiring veteran players to make money match in summer time S&T along with a PG such as Vasquez? (only vet guards they have are Ridnour and Gordon - both team options next year)

                      Magic reportedly were offering just $8M per just before season started.

                      Longer term, Harris and Bruno would make a nice SF/PF combination. Harris can play SF as Bruno develops while maturing and adding strength to play PF.

                      A 4-6 year max contract is steep in 2015-16 however come 2016-17 season it would be the equivalent of a $12M contract right now (max in 2016-17 for 4-6 year likely to be starting at $20M, current max for 4-6 starts just under $15M). *Of course that assumes it takes the max to get him - maybe 4 years $12 gets it done?*


                      Like I said, no reply previously. Curious what others think.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I love Tobias Harris but like Kawhi and Buckets I just don't think there's any way their teams let them go. Not after they've already broken out.
                        It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          I love Tobias Harris but like Kawhi and Buckets I just don't think there's any way their teams let them go. Not after they've already broken out.
                          I must be having a brain fart - who is Buckets?

                          As for Kawhi I agree he isn't going anywhere.

                          But when it comes to Tobias I put him in the same category as Parsons last summer. I was arguing/debating/discussing possibility of Parsons leaving Houston last summer and people said I was wrong/stupid/whatever. If a team really wants Harris, they could put forward a pretty stacked offer sheet.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            I must be having a brain fart - who is Buckets?

                            As for Kawhi I agree he isn't going anywhere.

                            But when it comes to Tobias I put him in the same category as Parsons last summer. I was arguing/debating/discussing possibility of Parsons leaving Houston last summer and people said I was wrong/stupid/whatever. If a team really wants Harris, they could put forward a pretty stacked offer sheet.
                            Jimmy G Buckets = Butler

                            Parsons was a UFA. These guys are all RFA.
                            It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Jimmy G Buckets = Butler

                              Parsons was a UFA. These guys are all RFA.
                              I thought Parsons was restricted

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                I thought Parsons was restricted
                                He was

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X