Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should the Raptors do? (Stay the course or make a change)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stay the course than this summer try to get Gasol
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Option 4: Do whatever Masai would do.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        stay the course than this summer try to get Gasol
        How? We don't have max cap room.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
          I'm in favour of making a move, and here's why:

This year may be our best chance to get past Cleveland and into the Finals.

I think once that team starts clicking, and some of the young players gain some maturity, they may be unstoppable. Plus, you have a ton of expiring contracts you can use to get something for almost no impact on this year's team.

But don't trade that Knick draft pick!
          Why do anything? This is the 2nd year in a growth cycle that's supposed to produce a perennial contender (Spurs-type) in 4 -5 years. Everything is unfolding nicely, and I'm not sure that there's a glaring weakness on this roster that would require a trade. Looks like the Raps are a fairly balanced team.

The real issue is with 2016 and Kevin Durant's free agency. Best case scenario, this year goes bad for OKC. KD does a reverse-Chris Douche and says clearly that he wants out. The Raps are able to package a trade for a steal (including the Knick's 2016 pick) and get Durant before FA hits the market.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            How? We don't have max cap room.
            Bah don't sweat the small stuff

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Bah don't sweat the small stuff
              I assumed the response was to trade JV
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Stay the course.

Unless someone makes us a serious offer for DD. Then we talk
                Am I the only one who thinks DeMar is just as untouchable in trade talks as Lowry is? I mean, the guy is the main reason we still have Lowry. Not to mention he's only 25, has been consistently getting better, and LOVES the idea of being a career Raptor. I would hate to see any of the starting 5 be traded, but DD and Lowry 100% have to stay IMO.

Comment

I slightly changed my mind. If we could somehow be a 3rd team in a trade by offering up an expiring to Cleveland that they'd use in a flip for a bigger piece and we got Tristan Thompson back in return I'd lose my shit.

Might mean TH has to go along with whatever expiring makes the money work but hot damn.

TT is exactly what we need, energy, rebounding and can play both forward positions.
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

Stay the course..11-2 says it all

Comment

92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                      Am I the only one who thinks DeMar is just as untouchable in trade talks as Lowry is? I mean, the guy is the main reason we still have Lowry. Not to mention he's only 25, has been consistently getting better, and LOVES the idea of being a career Raptor. I would hate to see any of the starting 5 be traded, but DD and Lowry 100% have to stay IMO.
                      DD is second to last in WS/48 among normal rotation players, beating out the slow-start Vasquez.

I really don't think TO's success has much to do with him.

Comment

Poll results are 22-7 (76%-24%) in favor of staying the course at a record of 10-2. OP should do a new thread after a month or two to compare the results.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Poll results are 22-7 (76%-24%) in favor of staying the course at a record of 10-2. OP should do a new thread after a month or two to compare the results.
                          Early January after the December 22-Janaury 4 road trip starting in Chicago and then west coast for 5 games would be a good time

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Early January after the December 22-Janaury 4 road trip starting in Chicago and then west coast for 5 games would be a good time
                            Yeah, once we win all those games it'll be an even bigger no brainer! :P
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, once we win all those games it'll be an even bigger no brainer! :P
                              That is what I'm hoping.

I'll be a converted skepticism-er and criticizer!

Comment

Stand pat for now and let the season wind on for a little bit.

Give teams a chance to get settled in and see what type of team and individual performances are sustainable, and what are just trends. Check in at the ~40 game mark and you will have a much clearer view of not only where the Raptors stand in the hierarchy of the Eastern Conference, but also where their true areas of need are. It also lets their competitors normalize and will identify which teams may be willing to deal, and which players are going to be available.

I will say that I wouldn't mind Ujiri swinging a deal at the deadline, even if it's a smaller one that shores up the 4/5 position. Packaging the team's 2015 draft pick and an expiring or two for a big man that can a) help the team in the short term and b) continue to grow with the rest of the core of the team would be a good move in my eyes.

While no one being realistic should think that the Raptors are headed for the Finals this season, their team is at a point in their development where every post season rep they can get will be beneficial, and adding a piece or two at the deadline that could help them get a little farther is a smart move.

Comment

Working...
                                X