Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should the Raptors do? (Stay the course or make a change)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Jimmy G Buckets = Butler

Parsons was a UFA. These guys are all RFA.
    Ahhhhh butler - brain fart indeed.

Parsons was RFA.

The Houston Rockets plan to decline the fourth-year option on forward Chandler Parsons' contract, freeing him to become a restricted free agent this summer, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Rockets hold a $960,000 option on the fourth and final year of Parsons' contract for the 2014-'15 season, but want to avoid letting Parsons, 25, become an unrestricted free agent next summer. As a restricted free agent in July, the Rockets can match an offer sheet and retain Parsons on a long-term contract.

The Rockets have until June 30 to formally decline the option.

For the Rockets, there are two distinct advantages to letting Parsons into restricted free agency now. First, Houston is determined to clear the necessary salary cap space this summer to chase a third maximum contract free agent to join Dwight Howard and James Harden, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...21563-nba.html

I betcha they wish they could do a mulligan on that one.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I thought Parsons was restricted
      He was, that's why Houston had a chance to match it. That's why everybody was saying Houston basically had a three day timer to sign Bosh. In the end, they just gave up Parsons too.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        ...Harkless, who is getting no burn...
        Noticed this, if Orlando is putting more faith into Harris, Harkless might be a more realistic target.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          Noticed this, if Orlando is putting more faith into Harris, Harkless might be a more realistic target.
          He isn't a free agent until 2016.... Just saying.

His trade value can't be much right now.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            I love Tobias Harris but like Kawhi and Buckets I just don't think there's any way their teams let them go. Not after they've already broken out.
            I think Jimmy is get-able with a close to max contract. Bulls are historically cheap and if they lock up Jimmy with a Max they wont have much maneuvering to do within the cap space for another 2 years which will put them basically stuck with Rose's knees and an aging Gasol. They will think twice about matching a close to max contract.

But then if we do want Butler we will need to move....No.. i refuse to talk about it.

Comment

Oh man, sorry, I had my own brain fart.

I just remember them declining the option on Parsons.

Still think the Magic will keep Harris. He's more of a first option than Parsons. But I don't have a problem throwing a big contract at him.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                i know youre from the future. how much did we beat lebron by? did he cry?
                You're welcome ha

Comment

Raptorsfan361 wrote: View Post
                  You're welcome ha
                  Hahahaha what's the parade route?

Comment

The truth is that it's hard to imagine an upgrade that a) is tangible b) is plausible.

I mean Hansbrough, Hayes, Fields are all guys you could flip, but there's not much out there ... maybe you could get a big but unless the guy you get back moves the needle having their contracts off the books is pretty sweet, especially if you want to resign Lou Williams and Amir.

Comment

I don't think there will be much out there until deeper in the season. Most teams are still trying to figure things out and have hopes to make into the playoffs. I'm not sure there will be many teams giving up players (salary dumps) in the East because it seems like teams are just trading wins with each other, most teams will still be in a playoff race past the deadline. If we are going to make a trade it will end up being from a Western Conference team.

Comment

One benefit to making a trade now, as I believe DanH mentioned, is the idea of being able to retain any of current free agents, including Lou and Amir, using Bird Rights.

Come the summer the only means of keeping those players will be exceptions if a player is signed with cap space.

If those players are resigned in the off season, then any new addition will only be possible with an exception - Bi-Annual or MLE.

I am sure Bobby Webster and Masai are aware of this though!

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          One benefit to making a trade now, as I believe DanH mentioned, is the idea of being able to retain any of current free agents, including Lou and Amir, using Bird Rights.

Come the summer the only means of keeping those players will be exceptions if a player is signed with cap space.

If those players are resigned in the off season, then any new addition will only be possible with an exception - Bi-Annual or MLE.

I am sure Bobby Webster and Masai are aware of this though!
                          One other possibility, if no good trade reveals itself this year, and the decision is made to keep Amir/Lou, is to manufacture some trade assets. Say you let Hansbrough and Stiemsma walk. You sign someone with the MLE, and you have your first rounder. That leaves enough roster spots to bring back, say, Fields and Hayes. But instead of offering the minimum for a year, since cap space is no issue, you offer each a three year deal at 4M per year, say, with the final two years unguaranteed. Generate more Salmons-esque trade pieces for 2016 while keeping role players who know the system on the roster.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            One other possibility, if no good trade reveals itself this year, and the decision is made to keep Amir/Lou, is to manufacture some trade assets. Say you let Hansbrough and Stiemsma walk. You sign someone with the MLE, and you have your first rounder. That leaves enough roster spots to bring back, say, Fields and Hayes. But instead of offering the minimum for a year, since cap space is no issue, you offer each a three year deal at 4M per year, say, with the final two years unguaranteed. Generate more Salmons-esque trade pieces for 2016 while keeping role players who know the system on the roster.
                            This is exactly what the Magic are doing with Ben Gordon. I think we are more likely to see this scenario than a trade that shakes up the roster.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              Tell me 6 MILLION reasons why we shouldn't have Fields on the team. Bet you can't.
                              One reason only: during the pillow fight on the plane with Jonas and Novak on Open Gym last year, Landry Fields chimed in a "CROSSFIRE!" tune. No one can ever replace this part of team chemistry. It makes the team just oh-so-much stronger!

The Moment at 20:54
                              Last edited by tonious35; Tue Nov 25, 2014, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but if the Nuggets end up having a bad season like their record shows they could be on their way to doing, maybe they start selling off parts. Maybe give up expirings like Fields and Hansbrough for a guy like JaVale McGee or Timofey Mozgov. Neither would provide much on offense, but both would provide the defense and rebounding in the frontcourt we desperately need.

Comment

Working...
                                X