Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should the Raptors do? (Stay the course or make a change)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, once we win all those games it'll be an even bigger no brainer! :P
    That is what I'm hoping.

I'll be a converted skepticism-er and criticizer!

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Early January after the December 22-Janaury 4 road trip starting in Chicago and then west coast for 5 games would be a good time
    Yeah, once we win all those games it'll be an even bigger no brainer! :P

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Poll results are 22-7 (76%-24%) in favor of staying the course at a record of 10-2. OP should do a new thread after a month or two to compare the results.
    Early January after the December 22-Janaury 4 road trip starting in Chicago and then west coast for 5 games would be a good time

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Poll results are 22-7 (76%-24%) in favor of staying the course at a record of 10-2. OP should do a new thread after a month or two to compare the results.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks DeMar is just as untouchable in trade talks as Lowry is? I mean, the guy is the main reason we still have Lowry. Not to mention he's only 25, has been consistently getting better, and LOVES the idea of being a career Raptor. I would hate to see any of the starting 5 be traded, but DD and Lowry 100% have to stay IMO.
    DD is second to last in WS/48 among normal rotation players, beating out the slow-start Vasquez.

I really don't think TO's success has much to do with him.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsfan361
    replied
    Stay the course..11-2 says it all

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    I slightly changed my mind. If we could somehow be a 3rd team in a trade by offering up an expiring to Cleveland that they'd use in a flip for a bigger piece and we got Tristan Thompson back in return I'd lose my shit.

Might mean TH has to go along with whatever expiring makes the money work but hot damn.

TT is exactly what we need, energy, rebounding and can play both forward positions.

Leave a comment:

• 92TillInfinity
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Stay the course.

Unless someone makes us a serious offer for DD. Then we talk
    Am I the only one who thinks DeMar is just as untouchable in trade talks as Lowry is? I mean, the guy is the main reason we still have Lowry. Not to mention he's only 25, has been consistently getting better, and LOVES the idea of being a career Raptor. I would hate to see any of the starting 5 be traded, but DD and Lowry 100% have to stay IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Bah don't sweat the small stuff
    I assumed the response was to trade JV

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    How? We don't have max cap room.
    Bah don't sweat the small stuff

Leave a comment:

• Pele
    replied
    Other Scott wrote: View Post
    I'm in favour of making a move, and here's why:

This year may be our best chance to get past Cleveland and into the Finals.

I think once that team starts clicking, and some of the young players gain some maturity, they may be unstoppable. Plus, you have a ton of expiring contracts you can use to get something for almost no impact on this year's team.

But don't trade that Knick draft pick!
    Why do anything? This is the 2nd year in a growth cycle that's supposed to produce a perennial contender (Spurs-type) in 4 -5 years. Everything is unfolding nicely, and I'm not sure that there's a glaring weakness on this roster that would require a trade. Looks like the Raps are a fairly balanced team.

The real issue is with 2016 and Kevin Durant's free agency. Best case scenario, this year goes bad for OKC. KD does a reverse-Chris Douche and says clearly that he wants out. The Raps are able to package a trade for a steal (including the Knick's 2016 pick) and get Durant before FA hits the market.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    stay the course than this summer try to get Gasol
    How? We don't have max cap room.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Option 4: Do whatever Masai would do.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    stay the course than this summer try to get Gasol

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    I think Raps should stay the course this year. I read someone saying the raps should be concerned with the quality of moves rather than the timing, and I agree. I dont think we should be rushing into anything that isn't beneficial in the long term. We don't HAVE to make a move. I think next year is when our 'window' cracks open for the first time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X