Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The return of the Game. Toronto Replacement Raptors @ Clevland Cavaliers Practice squad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I don't know man. Sounds like it just rubs you the wrong way.

Because I think the guy who assembled the fucking roster has more control than a coach. I mean this is not Mighty Ducks. You don't grab a bunch of scrubs and win.
    Exactly.

Not sure why people keeps whining about Nurse lol. Who built this team? Masai and Bobby keeps signing horrible free agents. And why is Boucher still here? nobody cares that he's Canadian. Is the goal to tank the season? if that's the goal then they're doing a great job I guess. I mean, it worked last year. Is that the goal again this year?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Exactly.

Not sure why people keeps whining about Nurse lol. Who built this team? Masai and Bobby keeps signing horrible free agents. And why is Boucher still here? nobody cares that he's Canadian. Is the goal to tank the season? if that's the goal then they're doing a great job I guess. I mean, it worked last year. Is that the goal again this year?
      We should have dealt Boucher in the offseason. His value is never gonna get that high again. I don't think anyone anticipated him being quite this bad, he was a lot better last year. Oh well, can't win them all.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Golden and Grindhouse, please hold off on criticizing the team until its actually the Raptors playing. You guys sound so ridiculous making criticisms of whatever the fuck this 7 man G League team was we just fielded. Like you think this was Nurse's and Bobby's and Masai plan? Come on guys, reality check, this was a forfeit we were forced to play so gamblers could gamble on it.

​
        People have piss-poor reading skills around here. I never criticized Nurse for yesterday’s game. I said that we’ve had bad luck ever since he wrote that book boasting about “how to win anywhere”. The reason I brought it up was because I thought that even being remotely competitive yesterday would have been a great example to demonstrate that mindset. Heck, even losing by ‘only’ 20 would have felt like a win. The first quarter was decent and they played really hard, so that was a positive.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

People have piss-poor reading skills around here. I never criticized Nurse for yesterday’s game. I said that we’ve had bad luck ever since he wrote that book boasting about “how to win anywhere”. The reason I brought it up was because I thought that even being remotely competitive yesterday would have been a great example to demonstrate that mindset. Heck, even losing by ‘only’ 20 would have felt like a win. The first quarter was decent and they played really hard, so that was a positive.
          No, we read you correctly, and just disagree with what you restated there. Just because he wrote a book on winning doesn't mean he could have been any more competitive than we were yesterday considering the MASSIVE talent disparity and the fact he's never coached or even ran a practice with everyone but 4 of those guys.

Nothing in his book implies you can lead a team to victory who you've never coached before or ran any practices with. You're being ridiculous.
          Last edited by Primer; Mon Dec 27, 2021, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• It's one game that the NBA stole from the Raptors.. and can likely impact them if they are vying for the playoffs or play-in. So much parity this season that one loss could have a big impact down the road. I hope the NFL kicked the NBA's ass on Christmas Day for ratings.

The first quarter was a lot of fun, despite Boucher's antics. The new guys had some good moments. Waters had great handles and some good floor vision. Had a nice drive and kick game. But ended up being a chucker. DJ Wilson looks like he belongs in the NBA. Actually can we waive Boucher and just resign him? Otura looked a bit like a stiff. I don't remember Morgan doing anything. Boxscore shows he had 5 points in 27 minutes, including a 3.. but I don't really remember him lol.

Of the 4-some who actually play for the Raptors, the only guy that did some positive stuff was Yuta. He tried.. but man that was rough. Laurie fricken Markkanen looked like Shaq out there. Kevin Love was basically practicing against ball boys and chairs. He just swung it to some guy who was wide open. I don't know how the Cavs didn't get the record biggest point differential against the Raptors.

Banton looked really really bad. Needed something from him.. the floor was his. Boucher thought he could put on his G-league MVP cap and take over.. except he's just really bad this season. He finally got a corner 3 to go in. So good on him I guess! Svi was supposed to be a 3pt shooter. Only 1/4, and played terrible defense. Favourite play of the game was when Nurse brought in a few "starters" off the bench with 6 seconds left at the half so they could make a final play.. and Svi gives the ball away to the Cavs for an easy layup.

The game was never meant to be won. You can consider it a payback for that win against the Warriors where they didn't want to field a proper team I guess. I suspect we'll have a similarly crappy team against the 76ers. Maybe we can get Pascal back at least. But I have this strange feeling we won't.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

No, we read you correctly, and just disagree with what you restated there. Just because he wrote a book on winning doesn't mean he could have been any more competitive than we were yesterday considering the MASSIVE talent disparity and the fact he's never coached or even ran a practice with everyone but 4 of those guys.

Nothing in his book implies you can lead a team to victory who you've never coached before or ran any practices with. You're being ridiculous.
              You're reading waay too much between the lines here, i.e., stuff that isn't there. Those people who criticize Raptor fans as being overly sensitive... I guess they're right.

Comment

• In case anyone was wondering how long the team had to prepare for this game.

"We met the four new guys right before the game," Watanabe said. "Like, we met them on the bus on the way to the arena. And so, when we got here, we went through a couple of plays. And usually in the meeting right before the game we watch the other team's clips, but coach showed us our clips to make sure everybody (could see) what their game is like."

Comment

• Gameday!

Comment

I don't know man. Sounds like it just rubs you the wrong way.

Because I think the guy who assembled the fucking roster has more control than a coach. I mean this is not Mighty Ducks. You don't grab a bunch of scrubs and win.

Comment

They also lost by 16 to the Nets a few games ago with the same team plus Zubac. You can win one off games here and there.

Comment

So?
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

So?

Comment

Not the same because Clippers were missing their head coach.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                            X