When does Masai sit down with RR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does Masai sit down with RR?

Following the Kings’ 103-88 win over the Chicago Bulls on Thursday night, D’Alessandro sat down for a one-on-one conversation with Cowbell Kingdom.

We could cut the quotes into sound bites and leave you wanting more, but instead, here is Sacramento Kings general manager Pete D’Alessandro in podcast form.

http://cowbellkingdom.com/sunday-mus...e-dalessandro/

D'Alessandro on Raptors GM Masai Ujiri: "We talk regularly about a lot of things. He's more than a colleague, he's like family to me. [...] I'm proud of him like he's proud of me." Cowbell Kingdom

As an aside, that Gay trade worked out well for both sides as did a number of other moves that popular consensus questioned. Masai gets a lot of credit but nice to see when a trade works for both teams.... assuming that second team is not the Celtics, Knicks, Nets, Cavs, or any team Dwight Howard plays for.

Seventeen months ago, Pete D’Alessandro took over a rudderless team lacking talent depth. Only two players remain from that initial group as the Sacramento Kings general manager has retooled a roster filled with bloated contracts and underperforming assets.

Not every move has turned out perfectly. D’Alessandro isn’t King Midas, but the early results have been impressive. Sacramento is off to a fast start, despite fielding a core that has been together less than two months.

D’Alessandro is a risk taker. He thinks outside the box and his ownership group, led by Vivek Ranadivé, is willing to back his play.

Whether you love his early transactions or not, D’Alessandro has taken the criticism in stride. The massive trade that brought in Rudy Gay from the Raptors was viewed by many as a rookie move. And the decision to allow Isaiah Thomas to walk, while replacing him with veteran Darren Collison nearly started a riot in Sacramento.

Neither of these moves are being questioned now. The inking of Gay to a three-year, $40 million extension on Wednesday is now being considered a coup by many of the same people who snubbed their noses at Sacramento’s front office last December. Instead of DeMarcus Cousins and a group of marginal veterans, the Kings now have two All-Star-level talents to build around.

If he does, I hope they'll ask them about an exclusive NBDL franchise/affiliate for the Raptors.

Comment

As I remember, Masai had a similar relationship with the blogging community in Denver as well. Not too long ago (Aug.!!) I heard Pete D. in an interviewon TSN1050 (Macko & Cauz ) where he also touched upon his relationship with MU and other things. Seemsto be a good guy.

https://player.fm/series/macko-cauz/...te-dalessandro

Comment

RR should ask him if he knows where the bodies are hiding in Atlanta, New York
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
        X