X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game # 5 Jazz at Raps Thursday January 7th 7:30pm on TSN

Who knew that this much loved gif

would be seen in real life?

I could go into a bit about last night's game.
    Could try to figure out how they gave up less points in the entire second half than they did in either quarter of the first half.
    I assume they got a few suggestions at the half

But I think this just sums up what we all feel

Nice showing all around.
    Now on the the next one.

As I mentioned before, things don't get any easier.
    The team with the second most wins in the league and the number one offence is coming to town.
    Now there are many ways to explain why they have the number one offence.
    But what has helped them get the second most wins?

Just getting to play that many games without taking the covid hit gets you a chance.
    Keep your dial tuned in here.
    As we are aware, it rarely stops at one.
    Especially when this is your infection control protocol

But for now let's keep the good times rolling. Freddy is a beast. Pascal is rolling. OG looks smooth. Trent is a sidestepping madman. And yes, Scottie is still our ROY.

That's four in a row. The season high is five.
    So watch out Jazz.

'Cause we're going strea.........

Wait? What's that you say?

Very cute @Raptors.
    We see you lurking at the Republic. All are welcome.

Go Raps

We didn't have OG last time out.. but Rudy Gay went 7/8 and hit 5 threes. Let's try and put a guy on him this time around lol.

Again another tough battle. They have a lot of shooters.. and they move the ball around. They also have that guy in the middle who can defend the paint pretty well.

A win would be awesome though.

Comment

Too bad the Bucks didn't have Giannis.

This will be a good test as well. Hopefully we win or at least keep it competitive and not get blown out like last time.

Also Jan 7th is a Friday.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
        Too bad the Bucks didn't have Giannis.

This will be a good test as well. Hopefully we win or at least keep it competitive and not get blown out like last time.

Also Jan 7th is a Friday.
        Getting giddy with all the wins and slippin’ up. Weird. You used to be able to edit the title but that function seems to have disappeared. Thanks for catching it.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

Getting giddy with all the wins and slippin’ up. Weird. You used to be able to edit the title but that function seems to have disappeared. Thanks for catching it.
          It's OK, at this point bad title info is just par for the course for everything else in life.

What game is it? What day is it? Who's playing? Nobody knows!!
          Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Jan 6, 2022, 05:20 PM.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Everyone on the Jazz has COVID. Oh well, hopefully we roll through them.

Comment

we had our loses with everyone out, it's going to happen to every team. I'm okay with reaping the benefits.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                Everyone on the Jazz has COVID. Oh well, hopefully we roll through them.
                ** see above

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                  we had our loses with everyone out, it's going to happen to every team. I'm okay with reaping the benefits.

I see that Gobert has entered protocols but do the rest of these seem a bit more like "I don't want to get stuck in Canada"-itis? They all looked pretty good against Denver last night. Gotta take whatever advantage you can get. Let's put that play in tournament in our review view rather than being our goal.

Unless they postpone the game

Last edited by Jclaw; Thu Jan 6, 2022, 07:04 PM.

Comment

barring any major injuries, we could easily finish in that 5-6 spot.

Comment

This marks the 5th straight game the Raps opponent is missing their best player and multiple other pieces. Don't worry I'm not complaining lol
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Raptors reporters already whining that the Raps will be facing another depleted team. Are u fucking kidding me? have we already forgot what happened to the Raptors last year? hell just a couple of weeks ago the Raptors played with a bunch of G-Leaguers on their team. And oh the Raptors are the ONLY team playing without fans in their arena. Is that fair?
                        Last edited by The Great One; Thu Jan 6, 2022, 07:22 PM.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

This is nuts. Could really get a series of wins under our belt for just being in a different country. Take that free agents!

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                            Raptors reporters already whining that the Raps will be facing another depleted team. Are u fucking kidding me? have we already forgot what happened to the Raptors last year? hell just a couple of weeks ago the Raptors played with a bunch of G-Leaguers on their team. And oh the Raptors are the ONLY team playing without fans in their arena. Is that fair?
                            Yeah it's going both ways this season. We had a forfeit against Cleveland. All of December key guys were out. It's only fair we get to play depleted teams sometimes. Not our fault they're in protocols.

Comment

The Raptors are right where they should be, possibly a bit lower due to the amount of injuries and stuff they've had to battle. All this will shake out in the end. Yes it sucks not to see the best players every night, but at least we aren't paying for tickets, and having to watch these depleted teams.

The Raps need time to mesh, and this is perfect practice while still moving up in the standings.

Comment

Working...
                              X