No announcement yet.

Game #14: Phoenix Suns 100 - Toronto Raptors 104

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like we outmatch them at every position, no?

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
      Rivers strikes me as a great locker room leader and a so-so GM/coach.

In regards to Miami, you have to give Spoelstra and the Heat organization credit. The players they have have bought in and seeing how they perform compared to Cleveland just proves that chemistry and coaching still matters. They have every excuse to roll over but obviously between Wade, Bosh and Spoelstra there is enough leadership and professionalism to at least stay competitive.
      Anytime you have a proven championship coach (Rivers) you just cannot gloss over them. At that level more than half the battle is psyche control of your players and then game management (imo). Rivers is great at both. RE Miami...I didnt mention them but for similar reasons you mention you cant overlook them. However,I like our team in a series against the Heat....not scared...they lack bigs and distribution and our bench is looking good.

Comment

its a little scary that nearly every western conference team has a winning record vs east, while only 2 eastern teams have a winning record vs west (raptors and the bucks of all teams).

even the lakers have a winning record vs eastern conf. teams!

obviously ours is skewed due to playing 2 depleted, injury/sick teams (memphis/okc). this week is going to be interesting. can't wait for the dallas game!

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          its a little scary that nearly every western conference team has a winning record vs east, while only 2 eastern teams have a winning record vs west (raptors and the bucks of all teams).

obviously ours is skewed due to playing 2 depleted, injury/sick teams (memphis/okc). this week is going to be interesting. can't wait for the dallas game!
          it's crazy 8-5 Bulls have same record as 8-5 Kings who 9th in West
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I'm excited to see some Bledsoe/Dragic/Thomas vs Lowry/DeRozan/Williams at some point during the game.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              I'm excited to see some Bledsoe/Dragic/Thomas vs Lowry/DeRozan/Williams at some point during the game.
              Lowry/Lou/Vasquez/Ross/DeMar ftw

#wetheshort

Comment

Transition defense will surely be tested tonight.

Comment

Game Day!

Comment

The Suns are no joke and I keep feeling that the Raptors are due for a let down game.

As always, I hope I'm incorrect but I'll predict that the Raptors drop one tonight.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                      The Suns are no joke and I keep feeling that the Raptors are due for a let down game.

As always, I hope I'm incorrect but I'll predict that the Raptors drop one tonight.
                      Boooooo!

Comment

This is a game where the 3-ball will come in handy. Dare I say Bruno?
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I like our team against the Heat in a series too, but we just have to go out and prove it on the court.

Watching their first game against them this year was interesting because it was clear the Heat were just more organized and disciplined. Obviously the Raptors are turning that around, but it will be fun to see how the Raptors perform against the best coached teams in the West.

Comment

I think this is a really good matchup for the Raptors, but only if they don't get sucked into the Suns pace and try to turn the speed up to 11 with the Suns. Val is going to be completely gassed if he has to book it to get in position on offense, because he's definitely going to have to book it to get in position on defense.

The Suns really shouldn't be able to stop the Raptors on D if the Raptors slow it down and play their "wait for an opening, and then either drive and kick or drive and get fouled" game. Plus the low turnover rate for the Raptors should lower the opportunity for the Suns to get fast break points.
                            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post

Memphis and OKC were in different leagues in terms of being depleted. Memphis still had their 3 best players and 4 starters. Not that I think the Raptors are better than the Grizzlies, but it was a legitimate win.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post

I keep feeling this as well, but it keeps not happening. That Bucks game was a terrifying let down/trap combination and they won by more than 40. Maybe this team is just really good at avoiding let downs.

Comment

Working...
                                X