Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #14: Phoenix Suns 100 - Toronto Raptors 104

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Suns gimmick basketball is unsustainable in the playoffs, they should rethink they're strategy.
    Here's the problem with the Raps right now: you can say exactly the same thing about them, except moreso. The Raps' game right now is dependent on getting to the line extremely frequently; the reason we're 12-2 with such a comparatively weak team FG% is because we've been so successful at getting to the line. What happens in the playoffs when the refs go into "just let them play" mode? Because that's a lot more likely than "what happens if Phoenix's very good shooters suddenly go cold."

    Comment


    • Superjudge wrote: View Post
      hahaha ok, whatever. You guys are classic.

      What is it then?

      It wasnt player development the first two years he was here and did a great job elevating every young player on the team, and now, on a continuation from last year when they were a powerhouse after gay left, and now are #1 overall, it ain't about wins....

      When you talk such ridiculous shit, how do you expect to be taken seriously. Honestly..... please tell me then, what IS it all about.


      hahahaha


      classic man..... just a treat to read these posts. Bunch a fools acting like they are Savant NBA coaches doomed to sit in a basement calling the games from their lazy boys while guys like Casey, who are clearly inferior, are scamming the system and getting paid huge to win games on smoke and mirrors and PURE LUCK.
      No need with these personal attacks man just because I don't agree with you
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

      Comment


      • magoon wrote: View Post
        Here's the problem with the Raps right now: you can say exactly the same thing about them, except moreso. The Raps' game right now is dependent on getting to the line extremely frequently; the reason we're 12-2 with such a comparatively weak team FG% is because we've been so successful at getting to the line. What happens in the playoffs when the refs go into "just let them play" mode? Because that's a lot more likely than "what happens if Phoenix's very good shooters suddenly go cold."
        Yes you're right lol I never said we are better than them just pointing out that the suns just chuck at least we get to the rim
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

        Comment


        • magoon wrote: View Post
          Here's the problem with the Raps right now: you can say exactly the same thing about them, except moreso. The Raps' game right now is dependent on getting to the line extremely frequently; the reason we're 12-2 with such a comparatively weak team FG% is because we've been so successful at getting to the line. What happens in the playoffs when the refs go into "just let them play" mode? Because that's a lot more likely than "what happens if Phoenix's very good shooters suddenly go cold."
          The only reason I'm not entirely worried is there's guys on the team — Patterson, GV, DeRozan — missing clean looks that they made last year. I hate to be a Sam Mitchell about this, but 'guys got to make shots.'

          Comment


          • bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
            The only reason I'm not entirely worried is there's guys on the team — Patterson, GV, DeRozan — missing clean looks that they made last year. I hate to be a Sam Mitchell about this, but 'guys got to make shots.'
            Pat, GV, DD all had career years last season so maybe this is them coming back down to the norm? Vasquez has been an absolute train wreck so far.
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

            Comment


            • Alex Len looks like rookie JV. Coaches were right to add the weight. Len had a dunk on a nice pass but was useless otherwise. JV looked dominant.

              Comment


              • poor tyler ennis. he had almost 180 friends and family in the crowd. didn't even step on the court haha.

                Comment


                • Shantz wrote: View Post
                  Here is my realization for the night:

                  Greivis Vasquez believes himself to be the same player that Lou Williams actually is.

                  It's unsettling.
                  The fact Lou threw a great behind the back pass to Hayes for a floater then about 2 possessions later Greivis tried to do the same thing but threw it away backs up this statement greatly.

                  In terms of the whole Casey subbing JV thing I'm okay with it just for this simple fact: we have good guards. It's not like he was throwing out the likes of Hassan Adams or Dominic McGuire. Lowry, DD, Lou, Ross, PP and Amir are all great players and I trust in them to win the game for us, as they did. Might we have won with JV on in the 4th? Possibly also, but no matter what Casey is going to get questioned. Life of a coach.

                  Comment


                  • GLF wrote: View Post
                    The thing about it is if they are going to play JV they HAVE to play him alongside another big like Amir who is a good help defender. JV CANNOT be the only big on the floor when we go small. One because he is terrible at contesting perimeter shots and two he just isn't a good help defender. Suns were doing whatever they wanted when JV was on the floor as the sole big. Amir and Patterson are a lot more mobile and are better help defenders. So I agree with you guys that he could have kept JV in the game but he just can't be the only big. So pretty much we can't really go small if we want to have JV in the game.
                    The Suns went on their barrage from deep with 5 of their 7 made 3s without JV on the floor.
                    Rewatch the game man! Don't blame Jonas for a team getting hot from 3 it happens
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                    Comment


                    • Jonas is averaging
                      16pts 9.5 rebs 2blks over his last 5 games.
                      The Baltic beast is finally waking up?
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                      Comment


                      • Btw, i know i criticized JV a lot in this forum, tonight EASILY was his best game of the season.

                        I think the key for him tonight offensively was positioning. He did a great job posting up in the LOW POST not 15-20 feet away from the basket.
                        Mamba Mentality

                        Comment


                        • TRex wrote: View Post
                          Btw, i know i criticized JV a lot in this forum, tonight EASILY was his best game of the season.

                          I think the key for him tonight offensively was positioning. He did a great job posting up in the LOW POST not 15-20 feet away from the basket.
                          JV is now a mid- tier center. He'll beat up the Plumlees, Lens and other skinny, young center but can't really handle the Gasols or Cousins. Center pecking order seems more established then wings and guards.

                          Comment


                          • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Pat, GV, DD all had career years last season so maybe this is them coming back down to the norm? Vasquez has been an absolute train wreck so far.
                            I'm praying you're wrong. The looks they've been getting within the offense (not counting GV's yolo shots) are decent. They need to step up.

                            Comment


                            • Other than the boston game, this was probably the best I've seen lowry all year. Stats dont come close to doing justice on his impact tonight.
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • magoon wrote: View Post
                                Here's the problem with the Raps right now: you can say exactly the same thing about them, except moreso. The Raps' game right now is dependent on getting to the line extremely frequently; the reason we're 12-2 with such a comparatively weak team FG% is because we've been so successful at getting to the line. What happens in the playoffs when the refs go into "just let them play" mode? Because that's a lot more likely than "what happens if Phoenix's very good shooters suddenly go cold."
                                dunno about that. both kyle and demar averaged MORE FT's in the post-season then they did in the regular season. add to that the fact that lou williams is shooting a career high FTA's per 36 only means better things in the playoffs as well.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X