Game #14: Phoenix Suns 100 - Toronto Raptors 104

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Saw a couple posters mention earlier, when things went south in the 4th, that the Raps need a tough loss.

Fuck that. A tough win is better. You shouldn't need to lose to remind yourself to play hard, and play to win. The Raps once again showed great toughness in fighting through that quarter and finding a way to win.
    Totally agree. You aren't going to dominate every 4 quarter. Good gut check for the team.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Not to get lost in this. 4 clutch free throws made by DeMar with the game on the line. Part of the growing process.
      How about 2Patt Shakur's clutch shots?

He missed them in the playoffs, now he's hitting them! #progress
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
        These are not do or die games. I know they feel like it, we want the W, but really on the scheme of things, and where this team needs to go, it didn't matter.

I think Casey can learn some too. Even Phil Jackson would try things in games like this to see what his team was made of, to see what certain players were made of, and to have teachable moments. And you have to be prepared to lose a game to do those things.

I don't love every move Casey makes either, but finding out how players will perform and think, under pressure is valuable. And it will only really matter for this very good team, in Spring.
        Sort of....but especially that GV + Hayes lineup...I was really shocked they put them out there together when they had to know PHX was going to try and shoot themselves back into the game. Again, we've seen lineups with those 2 just be horrible defensively going well back into last season. I think there's enough evidence with them to have learned from that mistake at least.

The JV + 4 smalls I can understand better. Gotta give JV those opportunities now and then because in the long-term he does need to grow accustomed to that situation.

Comment

Sort of....but especially that GV + Hayes lineup...I was really shocked they put them out there together when they had to know PHX was going to try and shoot themselves back into the game. Again, we've seen lineups with those 2 just be horrible defensively going well back into last season. I think there's enough evidence with them to have learned from that mistake at least.

The JV + 4 smalls I can understand better. Gotta give JV those opportunities now and then because in the long-term he does need to grow accustomed to that situation.
          Does anyone also have the gif of Chuck Hayes bricking that layup ?

I literally wanted to break my TV.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post

Hahahaha...that actually made me laugh my ass off. I mean he hit two tougher shots in the lane, so I guess I couldn't get that upset about it.

Comment

Yeah...well I wonder how many times that PHX fan has actually seen him play.
              The thing is, I kind of agree that JV isn't hyper athletic or hyper-skilled.

This is kind of a testament to the coaching staff. JV's development has been slower than people like, but he does play within the system and his limitations. He works very, very hard to stay on the court and most importantly, is not selfish or dumb.

He's the anti-Bargs, which is why I love him and how the coaching staff is moulding him.

Comment

Seriously, though. Even from last season, it was obvious that Vasquez and Hayes was usually a bad thing. No excuse to do it this season with so many options. And especially not Hayes against the Suns.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post

This is kind of a testament to the coaching staff. JV's development has been slower than people like, but he does play within the system and his limitations. He works very, very hard to stay on the court and most importantly, is not selfish or dumb.

He's the anti-Bargs, which is why I love him and how the coaching staff is moulding him.
                  I'm pretty sure you love all of your draft picks Bryan.
                  OG is our king

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post

You know what? That was kind of the turning point for Phoenix. Instead of being the knockout punch, they took off from there.

Comment

• Here is my realization for the night:

Greivis Vasquez believes himself to be the same player that Lou Williams actually is.

It's unsettling.
                      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post

He's more athletic and skilled than I think this guy realized though.

Comment

Man BEBE would be such an awesome small ball big.

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                            Here is my realization for the night:

Greivis Vasquez believes himself to be the same player that Lou Williams actually is.

It's unsettling.
                            Oh, I realized this three games ago. The biggest problem with GV right now is that he thinks he has to do what Lou is doing to stay on the court. I'm sure every one else on the roster is like nooooooooooooooooooooo ... .

Just run the offense and protect the ball and you'll be fine.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                              We can add 2 Pat's free throws too!
                              Good point. I was more nervous during those so...don't let PPat get lost in this either.

Comment

He's more athletic and skilled than I think this guy realized though.
                                Oh yeah. He's not some fucking stiff. But he's not Marc Gasol (hyper-skilled) or DeAndre Jordan (hyper-athletic).

JV is just 7-footer that can actually run, jump, and play basketball the right way, which is actually way more rare than people realize.

Comment

Working...
                                X