Game #14: Phoenix Suns 100 - Toronto Raptors 104

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    dunno about that. both kyle and demar averaged MORE FT's in the post-season then they did in the regular season. add to that the fact that lou williams is shooting a career high FTA's per 36 only means better things in the playoffs as well.
    Agreed. Also this team is resilient and finds ways to win. The refs were against us last year as well but we still won games and came down to the last shot in the playoffs. We'll be fine I think. I MUCH rather be a team that gets to the line a lot than be a team that lives and dies by the three.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Was PP trying to get into the Big Balls club with that 1 handed side heave to Amir 3/4 of the length down the court with 9 seconds left? That was terrifying.

http://giant.gfycat.com/DefinitiveHiddenBeauceron.webm

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
        Was PP trying to get into the Big Balls club with that 1 handed side heave to Amir 3/4 of the length down the court with 9 seconds left? That was terrifying.

http://giant.gfycat.com/DefinitiveHiddenBeauceron.webm
        Its pretty safe considering it was Amir vs the little man Thomas. Considering we could've dunked it at that point, PPat was just going for the kill.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Does anyone also have the gif of Chuck Hayes bricking that layup ?

I literally wanted to break my TV.
          LOL

So now you want to break your computer?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Other than the boston game, this was probably the best I've seen lowry all year. Stats dont come close to doing justice on his impact tonight.
            That sequence in the 3rd were he got stripped by Bledsoe, ran back for the block, sprinted to half court to get the ball back, then the sweet dish to [someone], was a thing of beauty.

Comment

• Really good game that I think really highlighted how much better the Raptors are from last season. Phoenix isn't the biggest team, but they have guys that play really physical and in past years I think the Raptors would have buckled, in the 4th quarter when Phoenix was making their run. They really showed mental toughness when it counted.

Comment

• kyle lowry #1 in nba top 10 plays!

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...24-top-10.nba/

Comment

That one camera shot where it follows him exclusively through out the whole play .. pretty awesome.

Comment

dunno about that. both kyle and demar averaged MORE FT's in the post-season then they did in the regular season. add to that the fact that lou williams is shooting a career high FTA's per 36 only means better things in the playoffs as well.
                    Yeah, I've been wondering about that a lot this season because we've certainly heard the 'refs swallow their whistles in the playoffs' statement many times here. Is it a legitimate phenomenon, or just an echo chamber effect that gets said so much that people assume it's true?

I thought about doing a statistical analysis of it, but got bogged down in how you'd possibly calculate it. You couldn't just go by league averages, because you need to take into account that the playoffs have only the best teams, who are probably both more disciplined and better at drawing fouls. Even team matchups would create too much noise. Only way I could imagine coming up with a decent calculation is to look at the fouls-per-game of two teams in a playoff series, and then look at the fouls-per-game of those two teams head-to-head in the regular season. And then you'd also need to go through and strip out last-minute intentional fouling, which, in that small sample size, could have a large effect.

Comment

Yep. Beat me to it.

To me, it feels like there are more fouls called in the playoffs. The up & down transition game gets greatly reduced and games often deteriorate into a grind-it-out, half-court, free throw shooting contests. Teams like the Heat, Lakers and Celtics have feasted on FTs in playoffs. Our only disadvantage is not getting the 'superstar' calls; however, we ARE building team reputation with the refs, which should pay dividends come playoff time.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        hahaha ok, whatever. You guys are classic.

What is it then?

It wasnt player development the first two years he was here and did a great job elevating every young player on the team, and now, on a continuation from last year when they were a powerhouse after gay left, and now are #1 overall, it ain't about wins....

When you talk such ridiculous shit, how do you expect to be taken seriously. Honestly..... please tell me then, what IS it all about.

hahahaha

classic man..... just a treat to read these posts. Bunch a fools acting like they are Savant NBA coaches doomed to sit in a basement calling the games from their lazy boys while guys like Casey, who are clearly inferior, are scamming the system and getting paid huge to win games on smoke and mirrors and PURE LUCK.
                        lmao, should be Rap of the day!

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, I've been wondering about that a lot this season because we've certainly heard the 'refs swallow their whistles in the playoffs' statement many times here. Is it a legitimate phenomenon, or just an echo chamber effect that gets said so much that people assume it's true?

I thought about doing a statistical analysis of it, but got bogged down in how you'd possibly calculate it. You couldn't just go by league averages, because you need to take into account that the playoffs have only the best teams, who are probably both more disciplined and better at drawing fouls. Even team matchups would create too much noise. Only way I could imagine coming up with a decent calculation is to look at the fouls-per-game of two teams in a playoff series, and then look at the fouls-per-game of those two teams head-to-head in the regular season. And then you'd also need to go through and strip out last-minute intentional fouling, which, in that small sample size, could have a large effect.
                          good point. against chicago and memphis, DD only had 2 and 4 FTA's in each game respectively. season lows for sure.

Comment

good point. against chicago and memphis, DD only had 2 and 4 FTA's in each game respectively. season lows for sure.
                            In the actual playoffs, did Demar not set records for FTAs?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              I don't know if it was a record, but I'm pretty sure he was leading in FTA in the playoffs. Maybe only second to Harden but he was right at the top.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                I had posted before about a record, albeit sort of an obscure one: I believe it was that he is the only player in NBA history to have at least 7 FTM on at least .800 FT% in every game of a seven game series. Only Jordan has a longer streak overall, stretching multiple seasons.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post366975
                                Last edited by octothorp; Tue Nov 25, 2014, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X