Game #14: Phoenix Suns 100 - Toronto Raptors 104

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octothorp wrote: View Post
    I had posted before about a record, albeit sort of an obscure one: I believe it was that he is the only player in NBA history to have at least 7 FTM on at least .800 FT% in every game of a seven game series. Only Bryant and Jordan have longer streaks overall (in Bryant's case, stretching multiple series, and in Jordan's case, stretching multiple seasons.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post366975
    Thats the one! Damn, no way I would have been able to find that, so thank you. Hahah

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    I don't know if it was a record, but I'm pretty sure he was leading in FTA in the playoffs. Maybe only second to Harden but he was right at the top.
    Pretty sure he Ranked 1st actually, with Howard just behind him.

Comment

• Jonas now shooting 59.4% from the floor,
      averages 1 FTA per every 1.68 FGA,
      1.66 point per shot, on
      66.1 TS%! and 22.5 PER!
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Look at the difference in terms of where JV's catching the ball when he receives a cross screen before the entry. Need more of that! No more post ups from 20 feet out

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Jonas now shooting 59.4% from the floor,
          averages 1 FTA per every 1.68 FGA,
          1.66 point per shot, on
          66.1 TS%! and 22.5 PER!
          jonas stahp

stahp. jonas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          OG is our king

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Look at the difference in terms of where JV's catching the ball when he receives a cross screen before the entry. Need more of that! No more post ups from 20 feet out
            Good point. That inbounds play at 1:37, for example: where DeRozan sets the screen and Patterson gives JV the high-low pass, just a fantasticly drawn and executed play. So difficult to defend when it's executed with the right timing.

Comment

• What a great crowd last night

Comment

• The phoenix suns announcers were repeatedly expressing that the crowd support was outstanding.

Comment

• The best was when it got tied up near the end, the crowd started cheering instead of falling silent or booing as I've seen in the past.

Very cool.

Also, haven't read the thread but I think we really need to think about bringing in some capable backups for JV.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                    The best was when it got tied up near the end, the crowd started cheering instead of falling silent or booing as I've seen in the past.

Very cool.

Also, haven't read the thread but I think we really need to think about bringing in some capable backups for JV.
                    why? We've got chuck wagon for the lugs, hansbrough for the smaller guys and it small ball lineups just amir. The last thing we need is more reasons for casey to sit jv.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                      The phoenix suns announcers were repeatedly expressing that the crowd support was outstanding.
                      Which is interesting because on tv, it came across as a quieter night. Good to hear.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Which is interesting because on tv, it came across as a quieter night. Good to hear.
                        A quieter night at the acc is still louder than 90% of regular season crowds.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          why? We've got chuck wagon for the lugs, hansbrough for the smaller guys and it small ball lineups just amir. The last thing we need is more reasons for casey to sit jv.
                          There were times last night when JV was off that Phoenix got a bunch of offensive rebounds, which lead to 2nd chance points. Patterson isn't a great rebounder and although Hayes can box-out effectively, he can't win the jump-ball type rebounds. Neither of them are shot-blockers or shot-alterers either. JV did a fantastic job last night with his help defense and altering shots. However, it was the rebounding that was sorely missed when he was sitting.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            There were times last night when JV was off that Phoenix got a bunch of offensive rebounds, which lead to 2nd chance points. Patterson isn't a great rebounder and although Hayes can box-out effectively, he can't win the jump-ball type rebounds. Neither of them are shot-blockers or shot-alterers either. JV did a fantastic job last night with his help defense and altering shots. However, it was the rebounding that was sorely missed when he was sitting.
                            Yeah it was quite an eye sore

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                              The best was when it got tied up near the end, the crowd started cheering instead of falling silent or booing as I've seen in the past.

Very cool.

Yes! I always loved that about GSW and Portland crowds - they really become part of the game when they do things like cheer to help the team catch up or break a tie, instead of just cheering in reaction to good plays. It's almost like proactive vs. reactive cheering. I love it, and it's great to see it going to the next level at the ACC.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X