Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game#...20...points in 4 minutes and 17 seconds Pelies at Raps Sunday January 9th 6:00pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grindhouse wrote: View Post

i am fine with it we got the win just pointing out how they are splitting them up.
    ah I see.

I mean this game was not the best collective effort from the team or group. Barnes was passive at times and passed a few times when he really should have went for it a bit more. Overall his shot wasn't great tonight. Fred hogged the ball a bit too much again but at times you need his offence.

One thing I want to say is we need to stop comparing him to lowry because the way he hunts for offence is very different than lowry.

I think what we also saw today is that we can play to win the rebounding advantage by being bigger at every spot BUT center, BUT we we could use a more consistent floor spacer. RIGHT NOW? Barnes offence is not at a level where he is able to consistently game after game after game spread the floor, and doesn't always recognize when he has the advantage.

As always I will say he will get there they will grow together etc etc but yeah.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Scottie didn't really have it tonight. And I'm glad he's getting PG reps but it's obvious we need another ball handler to have any chance in a playoff series
      If I had to choose between another playmaker or a center ... PERSONALLY I'd prefer a playmaking guy who can handle the ball. I don't care if that is someone who is a point guard or not but that second unit needs that. Scottie isn't bad because of his size at protecting the ball but his handle is way to loose right now.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Scottie didn't really have it tonight. And I'm glad he's getting PG reps but it's obvious we need another ball handler to have any chance in a playoff series
        We need a veteran backup combo guard, like an Eric Gordon, or even somebody like, you know.... a Goran Dragic.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

ah I see.

I mean this game was not the best collective effort from the team or group. Barnes was passive at times and passed a few times when he really should have went for it a bit more. Overall his shot wasn't great tonight. Fred hogged the ball a bit too much again but at times you need his offence.

One thing I want to say is we need to stop comparing him to lowry because the way he hunts for offence is very different than lowry.

I think what we also saw today is that we can play to win the rebounding advantage by being bigger at every spot BUT center, BUT we we could use a more consistent floor spacer. RIGHT NOW? Barnes offence is not at a level where he is able to consistently game after game after game spread the floor, and doesn't always recognize when he has the advantage.

As always I will say he will get there they will grow together etc etc but yeah.
          Barnes went from shooting the 3 poorly, to shooting very well and has shot poorly again in the recent stretch. Basically the reason why you could say Pascal, OG and Barnes together hasn't looked great offensively, but they are being staggered mainly with the purpose of having at least 1 of them on the floor at all times.

Comment

can we overtake cleveland?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

We need a veteran backup combo guard, like an Eric Gordon, or even somebody like, you know.... a Goran Dragic.
              He is basically a myth at this point. Was never on the Raptors, you just imagined it.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Said that about the Bucks and Jazz, but they had guys out, so who knows lol.

Its crazy Fred last year playing with Kyle shot below 40% FG. Had a lot of issues with him driving head down through contact for a layup. This season, he is the main guard and he is at an All NBA level.

Pascal also has been playing better than he did during the 2020 season where he was named an All-star starter and 2nd All NBA.
                I agree he should be a starter he is playing at an all NBA level EXCEPT for the time missed

Comment

Barnes went from shooting the 3 poorly, to shooting very well and has shot poorly again in the recent stretch. Basically the reason why you could say Pascal, OG and Barnes together hasn't looked great offensively, but they are being staggered mainly with the purpose of having at least 1 of them on the floor at all times.
                  I agree with this entirely. In my mind, Barnes shooting will be up and down because he is still getting consistent with it. There will be games like this ... there will also be games when he is knocking down everything at a 40% clip. Overall though I think the trio works so well defensively and offensively yeah maybe it needs work but I think we can put to bed the notion that Scottie and Pascal don't have the ability to be able to operate together on the floor. OG has been up and down since coming back from that hip injury so it could be a bit of that as well.

The other thing is exactly what you said. They stagger them not because of what grindhouse tried to say. Instead, because they literally NEED one or two of their top 4 on the floor at all times especially given our bench.

This is part of the reason why I would LOVE to add one extra bench piece via trade. Boucher is ok at times but we need someone else who can contribute more.... consistently. Yuta helps with this regard but he is out and he is only so good.

Comment

Pels announcers were saying that teams should guard FVV like he's Dame or Curry.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

He is basically a myth at this point. Was never on the Raptors, you just imagined it.
                      You are right. The Dragon is indeed a mythical beast.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

When they buy out Dragic I think they are going to need to get some veteran help for this group. Our main guys are playing so hard but it’s really unfair to put it all on 6 guys with almost no help. You don’t have to sacrifice the future but if you’re making the playoffs I think you owe it to the players.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                          Pels announcers were saying that teams should guard FVV like he's Dame or Curry.
                          The way he has been shooting? Teams should. He hit a deep 3 off a screen, a logo 3 and a step back 3 on the break all consecutively in the clutch.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

ah I see.

we need a full offseason to fix the issues and let people grow. i am interested to see if MU does something at the deadline and offaeason that will show more how he feels about the team.

there are somethings i want to see but who knows if the opportunity is there

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post

we need a full offseason to fix the issues and let people grow. i am interested to see if MU does something at the deadline and offaeason that will show more how he feels about the team.

there are somethings i want to see but who knows if the opportunity is there
                              that is my exact thoughts. I think it will be a smaller opportunity that will have to do with Mr. Boucher.

Comment

Finally a win against a team at full strength...well Zion hasn't played all season. Siakam, Greg and Precious looked great, everyone else looked pretty meh.

Defense was solid, but offence just doesn't look right. Young guys can't develop fast enough. Speaking of young guys, Barnes doesn't look like he's having fun out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X