Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game # 1/2...game back from getting OUT of (not IN to) the play in (for what?!) Suns at Raps Tuesday January 11th 7:30pm on TSN

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A.I wrote: View Post

    Its funny to say but this team actually might be built for the Playoffs. In the Playoffs, you're playing usually 7, maybe 8 guys. Fred, Scottie, OG, Pascal, Gary, Birch, Precious and Boucher.

    We have no bench outside of those guys. Svi and Yuta won't get minutes in the Playoffs. We don't have a guard behind Fred, but you can run with the jumbo lineup and have Scottie and/or Pascal as the ball handlers when Fred sits.

    Although I hope we get a Boucher trade to upgrade the guard position behind Fred. He has been playing well recently.
    Yeah these guys can make a pretty decent playoff rotation on paper actually. The trouble is the last 3 are all bigs with no range and the drop-off after that is significant, so if there's an injury/protocol to any of these 8, you start leaking oil badly right away

    The solution is like you say move boucher for a guard/wing that can shoot and actually help space the floor (along with flynn and dragic if needed), and draft well next year

    We're not going to fix our bench with FA signings. There's no cap space for that. We need to get one more good rookie scale deal (next draft), and hopefully get one reliable rotation player out of boucher/flynn/dragic. Then give champenny a chance to have consitent minutes. Now all of a sudden you have a reliable bench to support the 5 starters (who are actually pretty strong/well rounded)
    2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

    Comment


    • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

      Paying him the max would be an overpay but how much of an overpay? That is the true question. Sometimes you overpay to get players. I am not saying Ayton is worth it just saying that is the only way you get him. You gotta do an overpay.

      I think he is a 25 million a year player. I think he is better than Jarrett Allen. How much? Good question.
      This is more or less my take on Ayton.

      You will need to overpay to get him. But not by much because he's really freaking good.

      Ayton is a 23 year old center who averages over 16pts 10reb in his 4 seasons including this one. His prime doesn't start for 5 more years and he's already this good, and big men take longer to develop. (JV didn't always have a 3 ball)

      If we got Ayton on a max deal in the offseason I'd be pumped.

      Comment




      • it's hilarious how people can watch the same guy and have completely different opinion on him
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

        Comment


        • Gameday! Coach Casey rematch. Starting a new winning streak. Plenty of things to discuss. Let’s get a thread going

          Comment


          • Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Gameday! Coach Casey rematch. Starting a new winning streak. Plenty of things to discuss. Let’s get a thread going
            The nfl playoffs are just starting but somebody forgot to tell coach case! Another superbowl this evening for the ol rock pounding hard head
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • Primer wrote: View Post

              This is more or less my take on Ayton.

              You will need to overpay to get him. But not by much because he's really freaking good.

              Ayton is a 23 year old center who averages over 16pts 10reb in his 4 seasons including this one. His prime doesn't start for 5 more years and he's already this good, and big men take longer to develop. (JV didn't always have a 3 ball)

              If we got Ayton on a max deal in the offseason I'd be pumped.
              The only question is if we some how got him who would be out going. I would prefer that it not be one of my 3 favorite players (siakam, of, barnes). I also don't think they would want Siakam even if it was on the table because he is cheap. They over paid chris paul too which is odd. I could actually see them taking OG or FVV. I think the one to go that would make the most sense for what they want who is at a salary that they would want is OG.


              That is a very TOUGH pill to swallow. Would you do it?

              Comment


              • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

                The only question is if we some how got him who would be out going. I would prefer that it not be one of my 3 favorite players (siakam, of, barnes). I also don't think they would want Siakam even if it was on the table because he is cheap. They over paid chris paul too which is odd. I could actually see them taking OG or FVV. I think the one to go that would make the most sense for what they want who is at a salary that they would want is OG.


                That is a very TOUGH pill to swallow. Would you do it?

                Ayton is a good piece but if he costs us OG or Fred, I pass.
                We don't need a high profile center, just a serviceable one.
                Memphis is rolling with an offensively limited ( limited only because they chose to) Adams but his value to the team's success is so massive by doing the dirty works that don't reflect on the stats sheet.

                Comment


                • Where is the Detroit vs Raptors Thread.
                  We better win this and big, I want Casey 2 cry.
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

                  Comment


                  • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

                    The only question is if we some how got him who would be out going. I would prefer that it not be one of my 3 favorite players (siakam, of, barnes). I also don't think they would want Siakam even if it was on the table because he is cheap. They over paid chris paul too which is odd. I could actually see them taking OG or FVV. I think the one to go that would make the most sense for what they want who is at a salary that they would want is OG.


                    That is a very TOUGH pill to swallow. Would you do it?
                    Yes I would deal OG for Ayton, and he's the only one on our roster that makes sense for Phoenix since the only reason they would let Ayton go is to save money. If they were willing to max Ayton he'd already have the extension but they can't afford it with what they're paying Paul and Booker.

                    Comment


                    • Primer wrote: View Post

                      Yes I would deal OG for Ayton, and he's the only one on our roster that makes sense for Phoenix since the only reason they would let Ayton go is to save money. If they were willing to max Ayton he'd already have the extension but they can't afford it with what they're paying Paul and Booker.
                      Suns already have three 3&D guys like OG (Crowder, Bridges, Johnson). 2 of those guys are cheaper than OG. That makes no sense at all for Phoenix.

                      Comment


                      • golden wrote: View Post

                        Suns already have three 3&D guys like OG (Crowder, Bridges, Johnson). 2 of those guys are cheaper than OG. That makes no sense at all for Phoenix.
                        OG is an order of magnitude better then those guys. Like wow.

                        Comment


                        • Primer wrote: View Post

                          Yes I would deal OG for Ayton, and he's the only one on our roster that makes sense for Phoenix since the only reason they would let Ayton go is to save money. If they were willing to max Ayton he'd already have the extension but they can't afford it with what they're paying Paul and Booker.
                          I would do this as well but that makes us in the minority

                          Comment


                          • Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            Where is the Detroit vs Raptors Thread.
                            We better win this and big, I want Casey 2 cry.
                            Sorry doc.
                            We're still not there yet.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X