2022 NBA Trade Deadline (Feb 10th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

I think eventually one of Pascal or OG will be traded, probably not this season. Pascal is older, but a better player especially if he continues playing the way he has been recently and also because we know how good he can be being a #2 or #3 option.
    I will be sad when it happens but it is bound to happen. You pointed it out He is older. But as you also pointed out it is so obvious he is the much better player right now. He is so fluid, smooth. He just has it offensively. I think it will be a mistake because I still do think the 3 can work and will believe it until one of the 3 is traded but yeah.

He also has a contract that is easier to trade. He will also want to finally get his pay day after this contract. VS Siakam who would have already gotten a max and may be amenable to a team discount. Obviously not to the point of being under paid but yeah.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I will be sad when it happens but it is bound to happen. You pointed it out He is older. But as you also pointed out it is so obvious he is the much better player right now. He is so fluid, smooth. He just has it offensively. I think it will be a mistake because I still do think the 3 can work and will believe it until one of the 3 is traded but yeah.

He also has a contract that is easier to trade. He will also want to finally get his pay day after this contract. VS Siakam who would have already gotten a max and may be amenable to a team discount. Obviously not to the point of being under paid but yeah.
      They can make it work. OG is working on expanding his shot creating, but if Barnes does become a high usage star, OG can always go back to being a 3 and D guy, and you have Pascal and Barnes as the main scorers/ball handlers.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

They can make it work. OG is working on expanding his shot creating, but if Barnes does become a high usage star, OG can always go back to being a 3 and D guy, and you have Pascal and Barnes as the main scorers/ball handlers.
        this is the way forward.

Comment

• only way it works is if barnes is full time point guard and fred is traded

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
            only way it works is if barnes is full time point guard and fred is traded

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

or you know these things work themselves behind close doors. Seriously. What usually happens in these situations is one day in practise things get a bit rough and one guy will win out. Who do you think that will be?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

or you know these things work themselves behind close doors. Seriously. What usually happens in these situations is one day in practise things get a bit rough and one guy will win out. Who do you think that will be?
                Right now the pecking order in attempts is:
                1. Van Vleet
                2. Siakam
                3. OG
                4. Trent
                5. Scottie

But If there is light at the Raptors Egalitarian Tunnel, from here on out until they make moves, my hope is:
                1. Siakam
                2. Scottie
                3. OG
                4. Van Vleet
                5. Trent

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Right now the pecking order in attempts is:
                  1. Van Vleet
                  2. Siakam
                  3. OG
                  4. Trent
                  5. Scottie

But If there is light at the Raptors Egalitarian Tunnel, from here on out until they make moves, my hope is:
                  1. Siakam
                  2. Scottie
                  3. OG
                  4. Van Vleet
                  5. Trent
                  That will happen but I think by the end of the season specifically it would be Siakam>Fred>Scottie >OG

Either way Trent has already been bumped down but will and should be bumped further down.

Look at the end of the day I believe Nurse is a smart man. I think Siakam Scottie and OG are all smart players. I think Fred is a smart player too but I think its an ego thing with Fred.

You know who else had a big ego before a talk happened behind closed doors? I will let you guess. Now I don't like to assume what people are thinking or saying but I have a feeling you will say I am flip flopping. When I talk about THAT comparison I am talking about play style. But those conversations happen behind closed doors.

As soon as Yuta started playing like trash ... his minutes and opportunities went with it.

Comment

• For Scottie to be the primary #1 guy in the future he needs two things. First he needs to clean up his handle. It will happen but it NEEDS to happen. He is loose with it. The thing is he is so big that he is often times able to protect it enough but his first actions and looks when he is handling sometimes gets disrupted for that reason. The second thing he needs is to lock down that shooting. Right now its better than we all thought but its not at the point where anyone should be proclaiming him as a legit 40% shooter. He needs to be able to get back to shooting it well with volume.

When those two things happen (likely over the off season) it will be much easier and you will slowly see his usage increase over the course of next year.

Comment

• What kind of package would it take for us to get Poeltl?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                        What kind of package would it take for us to get Poeltl?
                        Boucher, Flynn, and a 1st seems like our best offer. Not sure if that's enough.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Probably not.

They probably still hold a grudge for the lopsided Kawhi & Danny Green trade that catapult the Raptors to a championship & for the Spurs to slowly fall into mediocrity.

This time they will ask for OG if the Raps want Poeltl & they won't take no for an answer.

Maybe a better get could be Dragic & 1st for Derrick White who will be a solid guard off the bench.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think if yo could include a second first via a trade then yeah

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Probably not.

They probably still hold a grudge for the lopsided Kawhi & Danny Green trade that catapult the Raptors to a championship & for the Spurs to slowly fall into mediocrity.

This time they will ask for OG if the Raps want Poeltl & they won't take no for an answer.

Maybe a better get could be Dragic & 1st for Derrick White who will be a solid guard off the bench.
                              i'd be ok with that

Comment

• Comparing FVV to Lillard is asinine. Lillard consistently carries a 30% usage. Fred has edged up to 24% usage this year from... 24% usage last year. Heck, he's behind Pascal in usage (26%) and OG is right there too (23%). Gary gets his 20%, as does Boucher as the bench finisher.

Barnes is already carrying an 18% usage as a rookie on a team with Fred, Pascal, OG... That's fantastic. Pascal in his rookie year had a 13% usage. OG a 12% usage. He's way ahead of the game.

Honestly, that gradient of usages (26, 24, 23, 20, 20, 18, 17 for Precious, 16 for Svi) in the top 8 minutes players is pretty egalitarian. Birch carries his usual low usage (12%) but he's the lone outlier and with the time he's missed with injury he's the 9th guy.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X