2022 NBA Trade Deadline (Feb 10th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Tank didn't fail. They got Embiid. They failed to build around him and add appropriate talent. But even then as long as they have Embiid they have a chance. That's all you can ask for. Raptors don't have that currently.
    They got beat by the Hawks, lol. Embiid hasn't even been to the ECF, let only Finals.

He can't be a go-to guy down the stretch to close games. They don't have a chance with Embiid as the main guy. That's a flawed premise. They need another superstar guard/wing. If Morey can flip Simmons for Harden/Lillard/Beal.... then they have a legitimate chance and you could say that The Process worked. Let's see.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We have a solid starting lineup, vets who were developed earlier and a top 5 pick, like JJJ. The problem is developing bench depth. That's been a recurring problem under the Masai + Nurse regime.

Not saying it's all on Nurse, but I don't believe it's 1000% on Masai/Bobby either. Our system requires high IQ, quick decisions and energy. Maybe that's not the best system to break in depth pieces? Or maybe Masai was just batsh*t lucky finding depth with Nuggets and Raptors, until last 2-3 years and his luck just ran out. Or maybe Nurse is overconfident in believing we can teach defense-first energy guys how to shoot? I dunno. Even then, our defense is middling, so what was the point of bringing in defense-first players?
      Yes they got lucky. FVV and Siakam eventually became starters and they were bench guys. Poetlt is one of the best defensive bigs. I look at bench now and I don't see Yuta becoming anything more than bench guy. Svi is nothing more than bench guy.

Dalano and Justin Champagnie are rookies and you don't know what you'll have in them.

Before bench mob they didn't develop the whole bench. They got solid guys like Cory Joseph, Patterson, PJ Tucker. We had Ibaka come off the bench at one point.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

yeah and they let go of guys like Yuta but we hoping he'll develop. Maybe that's the difference too knowing who to develop and who to let go off.
        Nurse loves Yuta. Maybe we should have kept Oshae instead (that's who I wanted)... he's at least a guy who is playable. That's on the coach to tell management who he wants on his squad out of training camp. Same with Cam Payne. Those guys serviceable and could give our starters a rest. You act like Nurse has zero input. Masai/Bobby out there just playing fantasy league and not keeping him in the loop. lol.

Comment

They got beat by the Hawks, lol. Embiid hasn't even been to the ECF, let only Finals.

He can't be a go-to guy down the stretch to close games. They don't have a chance with Embiid as the main guy. That's a flawed premise. They need another superstar guard/wing. If Morey can flip Simmons for Harden/Lillard/Beal.... then they have a legitimate chance and you could say that The Process worked. Let's see.
          No if they fail to add talent around Embiid "The Process" doesn't fail. It's two completely separate events. "The Process" succeed when they got Embiid.

Comment

Nurse loves Yuta. Maybe we should have kept Oshae instead (that's who I wanted)... he's at least a guy who is playable. That's on the coach to tell management who he wants on his squad out of training camp. Same with Cam Payne. Those guys serviceable and could give our starters a rest.
            Management has a whole analytics squad and scouting squad. If they rely on Nurse to make all their decisions then Raptors already failed.

Comment

No if they fail to add talent around Embiid "The Process" doesn't fail. It's two completely separate events. "The Process" succeed when they got Embiid.
              They are separate events and Sixers failed at both.

This is a difference of opinion at this point. You're willing to wait 10 years to get 1 good pick. I'll take what the Raptors went through with Kyle/Derozan over what the Sixers went through during the same period 100 times out of 100.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

They are separate events and Sixers failed at both.

This is a difference of opinion at this point. You're willing to wait 10 years to get 1 good pick. I'll take what the Raptors went through with Kyle/Derozan over what the Sixers went through during the same period 100 times out of 100.
                Yeah if we are lucky. Or we go through Pacers era.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  Just curious poeltl vs turner what are people's thoughts
                  I just don't know the relative cost. Poeltl would be my preferred outcome but either is great. Indy just seems more likely to sell for a reasonable price.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah if we are lucky. Or we go through Pacers era.
                    Well Pacers got a bunch of 25-ish year old players.

Raptors? Youngest team in the NBA.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I just don't know the relative cost. Poeltl would be my preferred outcome but either is great. Indy just seems more likely to sell for a reasonable price.
                      I agree with this. The notion that they are the same caliber of player is surprising. Poeltl is borderline all NBA.

Again though HOPING that the injury isn't serious but the injury to poeltl does drive doesn't his price a bit and does mean he may be more attainable than we thought.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I agree with this. The notion that they are the same caliber of player is surprising. Poeltl is borderline all NBA.

Again though HOPING that the injury isn't serious but the injury to poeltl does drive doesn't his price a bit and does mean he may be more attainable than we thought.
                        Poeltl certainly grades out amazingly in advanced stats. He does have a big red flag, which is the shooting, specifically free throws, so may not be able to close games, but I suspect for the Raptors specifically that's not a concern as they love using those small looks in those high intensity minutes. But I can't imagine why the Spurs would trade him.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Tank didn't fail. They got Embiid. They failed to build around him and add appropriate talent. But even then as long as they have Embiid they have a chance. That's all you can ask for. Raptors don't have that currently.
                          I must have missed the 76ers winning the title.

I must have also missed them making the championship game.

I must have also missed them making the ECF.

If your measure of a successful tank is making the 2nd round of the playoffs then we have VASTLY different measures or success.

They built good teams around Embiid, he's just not as good as Lebron and Gasol made him his bitch.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If your measure of a successful tank is making the 2nd round of the playoffs then we have VASTLY different measures or success.

They built good teams around Embiid, he's just not as good as Lebron and Gasol made him his bitch.
                            I measure sucessful tank by talent that they acquired. After that job of tank is finished.

Building a team around that talent is whole different issue. Sixers were the only team to push Kawhi's Raptors to 7 games. They were tough and shows how good they were.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

You know, the 2019 Sixers didn't come to mind, that was a successfully built team around Embiid with Butler, Harris, Redick and Simmons. If they managed to win Game 7, and everything else remained the same with KD getting injured, they likely would have won the championship.

Comment

I measure sucessful tank by talent that they acquired. After that job of tank is finished.

Building a team around that talent is whole different issue. Sixers were the only team to push Kawhi's Raptors to 7 games. They were tough and shows how good they were.
                                You don't need to tank to acquire talent in the draft. The typical cycle every team goes through will give every management team multiple opportunities to acquire draft talent. Turning your organization into an embarrassing farce is not the answer and that's been borne out over the past two decades.

Comment

Working...
                                X