2022 NBA Trade Deadline (Feb 10th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Yeah we won. But those other champs had more than 1 season. That's what I want.
    I worry about your delicate constitution if we go on another title run....

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Funny how you didn't show the mercenary in those gifs.
    Who, this guy? ....

Nah, you're mistaken...he wanted to stay but they didn't want him back...

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I am still daydreaming of this trade proposal

VanVleet + Boucher + Dragic + FRP

for

Wood + Gordon + Agustin
      This is such an awful trade. Like, I get wanting to trade Fred, I guess (not really, but sure), but for THAT? And throwing in a first?
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Latest trade buzz from Jake Fischer:
        https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...re?share=other

In addition to Toronto's aforementioned interest in Myles Turner, the Raptors are said to be searching for frontcourt reinforcements. They've indeed called San Antonio regarding Jakob Poeltl, as first noted by Marc Stein, but the Spurs have fielded numerous calls on the 26-year-old center and are seeking a strong return in any deal. The Raptors have also been mentioned as a possible Daniel Theis destination.

Toronto has been circling centers for some time. There were discussions regarding a Sabonis-Pascal Siakam swap, but those negotiations stalled, sources said. The Raptors were closely monitoring Andre Drummond's situation in Cleveland prior to last season's deadline, and were lurking in the background of Jarrett Allen's free agency last summer.

Comment

• Theis+Gordon for Dragic+Boucher+FRP ?

Comment

• These are all horrible trades.

The reality is it's too late to make a big move(thanks Masai). Look at the standings. Cavs just beat the Bucks last night. They are now 3rd in the East. They are for real. The top 6 are pretty much set. Is it worth it to give up a 1st just to finish 7-10 in the standings? hell no.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              And, sure, if the Spurs will take just Flynn and a 1st for Poeltl, great. I doubt it, but obviously giving up less is better than giving up more.
              The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I am still daydreaming of this trade proposal

VanVleet + Boucher + Dragic + FRP

for

Wood + Gordon + Agustin

DanH wrote: View Post

This is such an awful trade. Like, I get wanting to trade Fred, I guess (not really, but sure), but for THAT? And throwing in a first?
              haha…I noticed you seem to be all over the place grasping for wins…so I will go inside your echo chamber and give you this one….after all I honestly don’t see Houston would give up assets for a fringe All Star, wash up negative asset Point guard and a middling FRP in exchange for their Center and their bench scorer.

so we will give up a FRP and Flynn for Poeltl as per your suggestion lol

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Latest trade buzz from Jake Fischer:
                https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...re?share=other
                oh crap it'll be Theis won't it? ooff

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

oh crap it'll be Theis won't it? ooff
                  Theis is decent. He's a smart player and he was awesome against us in the bubble playoffs. He's also 6'9" with good mobility on defense.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Theis+Gordon for Dragic+Boucher+FRP ?
                    This is an awful awful trade. Theis is a 30 year old bench depth big putting up worse numbers than Boucher, and Gordon is a 33 year old journeyman bench player as well. We give them the best player in the deal and a first round pick? No thanks! This trade makes us worse short term and long term.

We're only sending out a first round pick to get a long term piece in return. Not bench scrubs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

This is an awful awful trade. Theis is a 30 year old bench depth big putting up worse numbers than Boucher, and Gordon is a 33 year old journeyman bench player as well. We give them the best player in the deal and a first round pick? No thanks! This trade makes us worse short term and long term.

We're only sending out a first round pick to get a long term piece in return. Not bench scrubs.
                      We apparently have interest in Theis.. so I guess our management likes 30 year old bench bigs that are putting up worse numbers than Boucher lol

I likely don't do the trade either (I've said before I'd prefer to keep the first round pick, and not be a buyer).. but if we want to be a buyer we're going to have to give up a first rounder. And if we have interest in Theis, we'd likely want guard depth too. Gordon is available for a FRP based on that article.

Gordon is no scrub.. he's just older. So doesn't fit what we're trying to do. But he'd actually be a perfect fit. Gunner off the bench that can get you 15-20 points easily. He's exactly the type of player we need in the short term.

I still don't know why we are so interested in getting a big though. We don't need help in the front court.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        These are all horrible trades.

The reality is it's too late to make a big move(thanks Masai). Look at the standings. Cavs just beat the Bucks last night. They are now 3rd in the East. They are for real. The top 6 are pretty much set. Is it worth it to give up a 1st just to finish 7-10 in the standings? hell no.
                        I don't think the Raps care about regular season results. I suspect they think they can beat anyone in the East in a 7 game series. There is no Lebron in the East anymore.

Otherwise I agree.. because based on their seeding and results so far, traditionally you wouldn't want them to be buyers. But Masai knows what he's doing.

Comment

• It would appear as though we are out on sabonis.

Comment

• I wouldn't give up a FRP for two 30 year old players. I'd give up a FRP for a solid mid 20s player that can help us long term.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              It would appear as though we are out on sabonis.
                              I'm not as big on Sabonis as others might be. Glad we aren't giving up Pascal for him.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I'm not as big on Sabonis as others might be. Glad we aren't giving up Pascal for him.
                                I concur

Comment

Working...
                                X