Game 39: Raptors @ Pistons, Friday January 14th 2022, 7 pm, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

I mean it is a development year. Might as well let OG expand his game, we know he is a good 3 and D guy.
    Developmental year? he's in his 5th year. He's 25 years old. He is what he is as a player. He's a 3D guy. If you're going to argue Siakam, Siakam always had good handles and he won the championship as the 2nd option in his 3rd year.

Another player that people loves to compare OG to is Kawhi lol. Kawhi won the Finals MVP in his 3rd year.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• so stats for stat guys.

5th most attempted shots in the league
      30th in defence rebounds
      2nd Offence rebounding
      3rd steals
      28th assist
      17th point per game
      everything else is league avg or below

let me tell you what these stats say for the people that have been throwing the good ones around without context.

what we are good at steals and getting the rebound off our misses. what does this mean we get more possession than the other team.

how are we using it? well our record says we need to clean up some shit.

lets start with the defence, well you get a stop and dont rebound huge problem. fix that to go along with steals and you have a championship defence. the opponent gets 1 chance at it.!!!….we not there yet.

considering the amount of transition chances we have our assist rate is Atrocious to say the least.
      also considering the that our offence rebounding numbers are high because we are missing shots. we need to limit the amount of possession in game by slowing the game right down and getting good shots. giving up 107 points per game is not what i would call hanging your hat on your defence in any era of basketball.

in short the offence doesnt help the defence and the defence is not helping the offence. which speaks to lack of vision to how we win despite out weaknesses which speaks to coaching sadly to say. I will not be the person to speak to anyones job but i will say that the offence is not why we are scoring.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Developmental year? he's in his 5th year. He's 25 years old. He is what he is as a player. He's a 3D guy. If you're going to argue Siakam, Siakam always had good handles and he won the championship as the 2nd option in his 3rd year.

Another player that people loves to compare OG to is Kawhi lol. Kawhi won the Finals MVP in his 3rd year.
        25 isn't even his prime yet, and I meant development year as a team. Let players expand their roles. OG can always fall back to 3 and D role if the team becomes better and closer to a contender.

Comment

• Jonathan Kuminga 10 for 12 from the field for 25 points against the Bulls.

Him, Wiggins, Moody, Wiseman for ONE of our asset in the offseason

Warriors may consider if they miss winning it all. Acquiring one of our big salaried asset could be a move they consider in the summer

Comment

• Lowry could have been the point guard Scottie Barnes badly needing in his development

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
              Lowry could have been the point guard Scottie Barnes badly needing in his development
              signing lowry would have prolonged things. But yes Lowry was that good.

Comment

• Of course. Lowry said his favourite part about his time here was watching and helping guys develop.

Comment

• That was a stinker. Got beat from pillar to post.

Keep harping on it but this team desperately needs more firepower. It doesn’t need more high IQ connectors or whatever the fuck that offseason bullshit was about. It needs a couple guys who can score.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    That was a stinker. Got beat from pillar to post.

Keep harping on it but this team desperately needs more firepower. It doesn’t need more high IQ connectors or whatever the fuck that offseason bullshit was about. It needs a couple guys who can score.
                    Like the injured guy who scores 15-20 a game that was on the bench?

Comment

• No bench, no back up pg or sg.. plus we have no starting center or back up Center..We got push hard against the Pistons...lol..common man. How many teams we lose to trash team, not acceptable.Makes me sick..
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

^This right here. Actually physically putting the ball in the actual hoop has become very underrated for some reason. Floor spacing scorers is what this teams needs. Firepower. Need our gunner back and at least one more piece that can do that.

Team record:
                        When Trent starts: _________18-14
                        When Trent doesn't start:____ 1-6 (only game we won this year without him was the Pelicans)

Obviously there are other factors, but we clearly need him big time, not more whimsical stuff. Ball in the hoop please, keep it simple.

Comment

• I hate the Pistons.. what a shit show. They still love to give the Pistons anything they want in the paint. Birch going down early sort of doesn't help, but come on.. it's the Pistons. They had 9 wins (well 10 now). And Stewart was in foul trouble all game.

The Raptors on offense was a train wreck for most of the game. Absolutely no production from the bench again. I looked at the box score this morning and I see Yuta had 2 points. I don't remember that. But Boucher had 10, mostly because he had to play since Birch was out.

OG kept giving the ball away on really dumb plays. Pascal felt like he was either going to get stripped, or would flail around to the rim and miss, like he was doing all of last year. And Fred just felt like emptying his clip.. only he kept misfiring. Scottie's defense was terrible. He took 13 shots, only made 4. 4 missed 3's. Is he going to be a great player or are we just hoping he will? Maybe his peak won't be as good as we think it will be. Or maybe you can't take anything from a Pistons loss, since there is a curse on the team when we play them.

Ugh just a sucky all around game, to start off a really tough road schedule. Pascal and Fred each played over 40 minutes on the first game of a back to back as well. I'm afraid to watch tonight, but I'm a sucker for punishment.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Like the injured guy who scores 15-20 a game that was on the bench?
                            Yes, but that drives home the point how fragile the offense is game to game. The top 5 can play with anyone if they play near perfect defense but they can’t do that for 48 minutes. Once it goes to the bench they have no weapons at all. Some of it is the system and you can’t fix personnel all at once but it needs to be addressed this off-season.

Comment

The team believes that they can teach shooting. #TrustTheProcess

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

signing lowry would have prolonged things. But yes Lowry was that good.
                                I think they put all their eggs in one basket for VanVleet to carry them to the Altar, that’s the simplest way to put it, there is no denying about that.

They are convinced now that Van Vleet is their no.1 option and they will build the team around him based on the volume of shots he is taking and the minutes he is racking up.

We read posts in this forum that people are drawn to him and fantasizes how great this team can be with him at the helm.

empty the clip….# he got us.

Comment

Working...
                                X