Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #....1 against KLOE in almost 10 years. Raps at Lowry's Monday January 17th 7:30pm on SN. The Precious Achiuwa Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #....1 against KLOE in almost 10 years. Raps at Lowry's Monday January 17th 7:30pm on SN. The Precious Achiuwa Game!

Yeah, we're facing Kyle.
    But first....

After posting the threads for the six game win streak,
    I was like

But after last night's game,
    I was like

What a game!
    When they were down by 49 in the firs quarter,
    I thought, "Let's just see what we can enjoy from the game. Watch how OG guards Giannis. See if Champagnie can be active.
    Maybe Malachi will get some run."

Well, two out of three ain't bad.

An improbable win but a win.
    Very proud of these guys

I mentioned this the other day

Jclaw wrote: View Post
    from the Milwaukee thread

“And don't look now but tonight's back to back game starts a gauntlet of 8 games in 14 days against the
    Bucks/Jazz/Pellies/Suns/Pistons/Bucks/Heat/Mavs.
    I hope we're all still friends after that.
    I'm calling 7 wins and a loss to the Pistons.”

Revised plan. Beat the Pistons.
    Given that the Suns game was a win in every way but the final score, I'd say the original call still stands. Let's do it

Which of course, brings us to this game.

What if I told you this story from the Raptors Metaverse 10 years ago?
    There was a game featuring Louis Scola, Patrick Patterson, Kyle Lowry,
    Goran Dragic, a Morris brother, a starting centre born in Montreal
    and a glued to the bench point guard named Flynn.
    And that was just the other team.
    Yes, that's the version of the world where Kyle was not on our team.
    Less than 60 days away from being exactly ten years ago

It will be strange.
    Speaking of the metaverse, I'm sure everyone found some inner peace
    when the world finally realized that the one true reason for the
    Spiderman meme's existence actually played out in the movie.
    For all the times it had needlessly been re-posted, it has now found it's home.

But Nay!! I say.
    The one and only true cause for the genesis of this colossus will become apparent on Monday

Revisit it how you will but Kyle is now leading his best life in South Beach
    and Fred has emerged as his own man, Freddy All Star.
    Good times all around.
    Sounds like Bam will be back.
    If Scottie and Gary can heal up in the Florida sun,
    this should be a good game

Sure there will be a lot of 'Heat Culture' this and 'Heat Culture' that.
    But fear not.

We're bringing the fire

Go Raps

Another Jclaw thread, another winstreak

Comment

Been looking forward to this one for awhile now. Good to see Bam coming back as well. Heat may have the best bench in the NBA. They have the GROAT. Jimmy "Raptor Killer" Butler. And you know Spo is going to go zone for like 99% of this game against us.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        Been looking forward to this one for awhile now. Good to see Bam coming back as well. Heat may have the best bench in the NBA. They have the GROAT. Jimmy "Raptor Killer" Butler. And you know Spo is going to go zone for like 99% of this game against us.

This will be a great test for them. Heat's defence is quite different from the buck's. bucks primarily pack the paint and send doubles to the PG. Heat uses an aggressive, high zone that makes perimeter actions difficult. The counter is have Siakam flash in the middle after another big (achiuwa or chris) frees up the ball handler with a screen. Raw barreling to the paint won't work, Lowry wiil be there for the charge and adebayo too.

Comment

Bring us to the desired outcome Jclaw. Rooting for youn AND the Raptors.

Comment

Seems I might have to alter the theme of this thread a little

Hope all is ok. Maybe he has a case of the Giannises.

Comment

Go raps. Win this one for Dvdvideo! (Or Puffer, I'm actually good with anyone if we get the W)

Comment

Yeah too bad Lowry isn't playing, and with their next game being a back to back he might not play in that one either. Might be the first time we see him is in April.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                  Go raps. Win this one for Dvdvideo! (Or Puffer, I'm actually good with anyone if we get the W)
                  I'm personally good with this.

Win it for us all!!!!

Comment

Lowry out? personal reasons? is ir a coincidence that its against the Raptors?
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                      Lowry out? personal reasons? is ir a coincidence that its against the Raptors?
                      We can speculate.. but I wouldn't be surprised if he's not mentally ready to face the Raptors yet.

Comment

I seriously doubt lowry is afraid to play the raps, was probably looking forward to it to see all his buds. Must be legit.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

We can speculate.. but I wouldn't be surprised if he's not mentally ready to face the Raptors yet.
                          Not gonna lie that would be incredibly soft...and lowry isn't soft
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Not gonna lie that would be incredibly soft...and lowry isn't soft
                            Its possible he wants to play the Raptors for the first time in Toronto. Lets hope we have fans by then.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Yeah too bad Lowry isn't playing, and with their next game being a back to back he might not play in that one either. Might be the first time we see him is in April.
                              Maybe that's for the best. At least by April we should be well passed this Omicron wave and there would be a few thousands of fans allowed, even though Lowry deserve a packed stadium standing ovation.

Comment

Working...
                              X