NBA.com :"Raptors, controllers of East, gaining more believers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA.com :"Raptors, controllers of East, gaining more believers"

So, without a doubt, as the season lurches forward, the Cavs and Bulls will soon see better days and have a louder voice in the East. Here's the scary thing, though: Toronto might just be warming up.
    http://www.nba.com/2014/news/feature...t-for-raptors/

We've reached another gear these last few games. I think the biggest reason is demar has shook his early over confident "must...be...kobe" mentality and has recently been playing perfectly within the framework, allowing the offense to come to him.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      We've reached another gear these last few games. I think the biggest reason is demar has shook his early over confident "must...be...kobe" mentality and has recently been playing perfectly within the framework, allowing the offense to come to him.
      We may have reached that gear on offence, but on defence it's not even close.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        Haven't I been reading that Hollinger says the Raps have the 5th best defensive efficiency in the league? Oh yes I have: Hollinger

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
          I would say not even close is pretty harsh. We're contender status right now (yeah, yeah easy schedule) in both offense and defense.

Comment

I'm trying not to get too high, as I don't want to hit as hard when we come back to earth
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I don't even want to hear about us being contenders until somewhere around the ALL STAR break. By that point teams will have more or less worked themselves into what they are going to be for the season. Cleveland has a trade to make. Atlanta might have a trade to make. Boston is primed to go either way. Washington is looking good. Let's all just breathe and see where we are after some of the awful road trips coming down the pipeline
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                I'm trying not to get too high, as I don't want to hit as hard when we come back to earth
                Spoken like a long time raptor fan. Almost every game this year I've felt like that night was the night we were "due for a loss". I feel that way again today.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  I hope the fanbase doesn't go ape when they lose a few, including a game or two they "should" win. It's going to happen in an 82 game schedule.

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
                    I hope the fanbase doesn't go ape when they lose a few, including a game or two they "should" win. It's going to happen in an 82 game schedule.
                    Dont know about the fan base but here at rr?It'll be the apocalypse. We were collectively slitting our wrists after the chicago game.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Haven't I been reading that Hollinger says the Raps have the 5th best defensive efficiency in the league? Oh yes I have: Hollinger
                      His stats says that, not himself and I do not blindly believe them. Milwaukee is a best example why. We are ranked so high, yes I know you will hate that, due to the schedule, teams we played and their circumstances. The defense is good, I do not deny it, but it is not great, eye test proves that. We are also being lucky in many cases, when opponents are missing open shots, which they are supposed to hit. Also our offense starts relying too much on ISO shots from time to time and at some point the incredible shots we are hitting may just stop falling. When we face and beat teams (which are in full strength) like Spurs, Warriors or Portland then yeah, I will start the celebration of being legit contenders not just in the East. For now, I remain realistic.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Comment

We are gaining believers... All hail Raptor Jesus!... and his uncle, the All-Knowing, All-Powerful Steamer.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            We are gaining believers... All hail Raptor Jesus!... and his uncle, the All-Knowing, All-Powerful Steamer.
                            You know why Steamer doesn't play?

Coach doesn't want us going 98-0
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

At least we don't have to worry about the mighty Knicks. MSG smelling of diesel now, as tanks loading up: Melo possibly out for season with back spasms? lol

http://nypost.com/2014/11/25/carmelo...f-knicks-trip/

Comment

Working...
                              X