NBA.com :"Raptors, controllers of East, gaining more believers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chico wrote: View Post
    At least we don't have to worry about the mighty Knicks. MSG smelling of diesel now, as tanks loading up: Melo possibly out for season with back spasms? lol

http://nypost.com/2014/11/25/carmelo...f-knicks-trip/
    There isn't a team I enjoy watching fail more than the Knicks.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Knicks play better without him. Too bad back spasms can't do something about that contract.
      EVERYBODY plays better without Bargnani....

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Out for the season with back spasms? Either the NYK are tanking for the pick or Melo is the softest max deal superstar in history. Its like being out for the season for menstrual cramps.
        To be fair, back spasms can be ridiculously painful and can completely inhibit any sort of regular movement.

That being said, if they are tanking this year, that doesn't doesn't affect our pick from them. That's 2 years from now, correct?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
          That was a great point about the play called for JJ on Korver. It felt like it came out of nowhere, but was timed perfectly. Completely deflated Atlanta's attempt at a comeback.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            To be fair, back spasms can be ridiculously painful and can completely inhibit any sort of regular movement.

That being said, if they are tanking this year, that doesn't doesn't affect our pick from them. That's 2 years from now, correct?
            Yup, it's their 2016 pick that we own (2 drafts away).

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
              This article made me think of the Knicks, and how they are trying to squeeze their team into a Triangle offense. That's not how it works, you mold the offense to fit the players. And the Raptors are doing such a great job of that, they have so many different pieces with different strengths, and they make sure the plays they design are able to give someone their bread and butter. Then they can base it around who's hot at that particular time combined with what the defense is expecting.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                I'm trying not to get too high, as I don't want to hit as hard when we come back to earth
                It's hard when we are getting what all of us have wanted for years. Ultimately all that matters is getting the right matchup in the first round and getting through the first round.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                  This article made me think of the Knicks, and how they are trying to squeeze their team into a Triangle offense. That's not how it works, you mold the offense to fit the players. And the Raptors are doing such a great job of that, they have so many different pieces with different strengths, and they make sure the plays they design are able to give someone their bread and butter. Then they can base it around who's hot at that particular time combined with what the defense is expecting.
                  I disagree.

Masai has stated in interviews that he finds players to suit the style the coach wants to play. Same as with Casey and Colangelo - Casey wanted vets who could shoot and stated he would get what the coach wanted and Casey stated that is what he wanted.

San Antonio is probably the best when it comes to finding players who fit their system and why they have such contributions from top to bottom of roster.

When looking at the Knicks, PJax just took over. He obviously has a system he believes in. He hired a coach to run his system. When looking at that roster, it is garbage. It was garbage last year and it is garbage this year. However a couple of those players are likely seen as parts of the future moving forward. They are running the system for the guys who are going to be there moving forward. As they move forward, they are going to find guys that will fit the system. It is a process. The success we have seen with the Raptors in the last year is very much an anomaly.... and an anomaly I am very happy happened.

Comment

Their gaining major respect. Lowry and DeRozan vs Thompson and Steph. Who's the better backcourt?

Comment

CanElite wrote: View Post
                      Their gaining major respect. Lowry and DeRozan vs Thompson and Steph. Who's the better backcourt?
                      Thompson and Curry - hands down, no question.

I'm very much willing to debate Raps for 2nd best - though I don't think it is a debate!

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Thompson and Curry - hands down, no question.
                        Much to my surprise, Curry (96) and Thompson (100) both have better defensive ratings than Lowry and DeRozan (both 104). Curry also has a higher rebounding average per game (5.5) than Lowry (5.1). Both Curry (2.1) and Thompson (1.2) have higher steals per game than Lowry (1.1). DeRozan leads the team with 1.5. All of that is on the defensive side of the ball (plus O rebounds).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Yup, it's their 2016 pick that we own (2 drafts away).
                          Still, the more they drop this year, the further they'll have to climb up in 2015 (even with a Gasol)

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            With due respect, dervish-like defensive intensity is simply not possible for 48 mins. during the entire season...physically or mentally. In spurts and quarters maybe and mostly the latter in close games especially the 4th qtr. ...but cant do it the entire season. Nevermind the danger of burnout. The playoffs though are another matter mostly because there are rest days between games and end of season is in sight alongwith the desired goal...the series at hand and of course ultimately the championship.
                            This x 100

Why expend so much energy on the defensive end in the regular season for 48 when you can do so for a quarter or a half and get away with a win.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                            X