Game 45: Sleepy Scotia Hollow: The Legend of the Fredless horsemen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post

Powell was consistently good as a starter. His role definition was also all over the place (SG, SF, PF) with the Raps.

He didn't start much until his 5th season. A total of 63 games his first 4 seasons. Then in season 5, he still only started in 26 of 52 games. But when measuring consistency you can't look at averages or raw numbers. Need to break down game by game.

In his 3rd season where he started 18 games (out of 72), he had a Game Score over 10 only 4 times. 4 other times he had a Game Score below 0, yikes.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Powell was consistently good as a starter. His role definition was also all over the place (SG, SF, PF) with the Raps.

I feel the same way. Players like Norm and Trent are typically underrated. They sometimes get shuffled around on the lineup with inconsistnet minutes and roles, then later people turn around and say they're performance is inconsistent. They often generate a ton of scoring, often when things are dry offensively with key timely buckets, from inside or from 3. Does anyone know our winning % when Trent plays and when he doesn't? I don't know the best way to find it but last i looked we had won 1 or 2 games without him the whole season.

He now has the 2nd highest 3pt% on the team and the 3rd highest eFG% (as guard, which is tough to do), while being close to the top of the league in steals and deflections the whole season. If he stays that "inconsistent" for the rest of the season he's helping us win a lot of games and we're making the playoffs.

Comment

Unfortunately now Keon is going to have to start every thread halfway through the 1st Q until they next lose.

What a very nice win. Siakam and Gary stepped up big time. Banton and Flynn both looked much better for having gotten some time off (for Banton, anyway, who looked to be hitting a rookie wall) and then some 905 run. OG was rock solid as ever. Just a good, good win. Sign me up for facing Charlotte in the play-in or playoffs if it comes to that, their defence is abysmal.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
        X